Calendar Workshop 2024

Cassel

4 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Lesson 6 November 

I like the feathering technique in this lesson.  I added a small photo of the camera closed.  It looks rather like a brick, hard to imagine that this is a camera.  I will be adding text above it, to fill in the space.  Oh boy, not being able to right click and move the selection is a real bummer.  I'm just not that precise and I rely on that.  I hope that gets sorted out soon.  November's template is really nice.  

sje-2024-Calendar-11-600.jpg

Susan, I like your calendars very much, showcasing all the different models of cameras... They have changed over the years, haven't they? 🙂 Do you collect them?

I agree; the blue background is not everybody's cup of tea. 😊

Not that I am a Fontaholic 😬, but could you disclose the font's name? 😇

I really like those Challenges and Workshops even when I don't participate actively.

It's really a joy to browse all the pages and be inspired by all the different pages and styles.

Well done, Everyone!

Carole mentioned that around 125 have registered... I am sure we all would profit by seeing the pages of those who have not yet posted. 🙂 

• Love 4

30 minutes ago, Cristina said:

I really like those Challenges and Workshops even when I don't participate actively.

It's really a joy to browse all the pages and be inspired by all the different pages and styles.

Well done, Everyone!

Carole mentioned that around 125 have registered... I am sure we all would profit by seeing the pages of those who have not yet posted. 🙂 

I concur with you! It's an absolute pleasure to scrolls through all the pages. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Forgotten if I "reply to topic or start new thread" Apologies if I got it wrong ! What a learning curve this all is. I started the January page and noticed how some of you had changed so many different things on day one or 2two and thought I had to try to do the same! What a disaster, computer nearly going in the bin ! I was then taking care of a friends 6 three week old puppies and the mother dog while they took a short break. Calendars  were no longer foremost in my mind but puppy gazing was !  I  now realized some of you have done this before. I didn't realize that each day Carole would give us further instructions. I might be 74 but I don't expect my brain to do this to me , what an idiot I was  !! So today I have followed each days tutorial  to the letter and tried to apply it to January at least . I had no idea that a character map existed or how to do so many of the things in the 7 day tutorial. I changed the colors on some dates to correspond with my Blue Green and Brown refuse bins being emptied .The purple jacket had something on I needed to remove  and have already learnt to brush over in the purple and I added a snowflake to detract from a large purple area. Any graphics were from Pixidoodles.  Have a nice day everyone 

final jan  600 jpeg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 11

I posted the months of Jan and Feb from my mammal calendar, because I used the the same templates.  Here is the  front cover and a little information on each  mammal  showcased in the calendar.  Which  is printed on the back of the  front cover. My personal choice of preference is to maintain a  minimalistic consistent flow throughout my calendars. 

Calendar-Cover.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 3
  • Love 8

2 hours ago, Cristina said:

Susan, I like your calendars very much, showcasing all the different models of cameras... They have changed over the years, haven't they? 🙂 Do you collect them?

I agree; the blue background is not everybody's cup of tea. 😊

Not that I am a Fontaholic 😬, but could you disclose the font's name? 😇

Thank you so much Cristina.  That means a lot to me,  Carole, you and most everyone else in the Campus are my mentors with PSP.  It is amazing the changes in cameras.  I do collect them.  Mostly because I received my parents old cameras and then my grandfathers. It appears he did a lot of photography in his younger days.  I started with photography in high school and it was a hobby for many years.  Then I put it down while doing glass work (fusing and lampworking) and silversmithing.  That actually led me to pick it up again to photograph what I was doing.  I found I like doing it more than the current arts I was doing.  I love the really old cameras, they are beautiful.  And ones from the 80-90's from when I first started.  Wish I had kept my first ones.  I'm reshooting that awful September month.  the Polaroid SX70 isn't my favorite so it's no surprise the photo didn't turn out. 

Well, clearly I am a Fontaholic and I will tell you the font name is hopes to convert you 😋.  It is called Creative Vintage which I believe is from Creative Fabrica.  It has regular version and a draft version which is the one I choose for the end bit.  I lowered the opacity on the months(along with changing the backgrounds) to make it older looking.  I'll be adding the changed ones once I get them all done with the text I want to add, holidays etc.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/17/2023 at 12:20 PM, Susan Ewart said:

Heeeelp me....I need a 12 step program.  Too much choice means not being able to choose at all, I know it's an issue.  In some areas of my life I am analy over over organized and some, I'm a bloody mess. Your post gave me a good laugh at myself.  

Susan - I am with you!  Love you to pieces!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Cristina said:

Well done, Everyone!

I agree.  Wish I had joined the group, but the Workshop will be available to diamond members.  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I don't know why, but unlike many I  can only ever post one image at a time. Even  when keeping within the parameters of the file and page size. 

Month information.jpg

I just can't select more than one at a time to upload but I can go back and add to the original posting. I guess that's how this platform works. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I just can't select more than one at a time to upload but I can go back and add to the original posting. I guess that's how this platform works. 

Thanks, I didn't ever consider trying that.  I'll make a note and  try it the next time I need to post more than  one image.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Thanks, I didn't ever consider trying that.  I'll make a note and  try it the next time I need to post more than  one image.

Ann beat me to the answer, because I do the same and this way you can even add more than 2. I didn't try how many you can add but occasionally I have done 4 or 5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2023 at 10:28 PM, Cassel said:

I don't know where yesterday's post went (there must be gremlins again).

@Shirley What breed are those boys? Siamese? I notice that when you put their names with a script font, the characters don't align properly on a couple of pages. Are you using PSP2023? I noticed that it does that with SOME fonts when there is an outline. You can tweak that by adjusting the Kerning or skipping the outline if you want. And don't worry about the order of the images. We can read!

@Julian Adams That is a lovely picture you used for February. And the gradient for the background is very well set.

@Michele I like to collect fonts, but I am now limiting myself to those layered fonts or with extra glyphs. I have enough of the other "ordinary" ones!

@laurie solaas The only "fast" way to set guides to multiple pages is to code a script. It is easy when you know, but you can't RECORD setting up guides, so you need to code it (or copy/paste it from another one). So you are likely stuck having to set them manually. As for making more than one calendar, you will see that it is still easy to do. The biggest time-consuming part is choosing the photos! I love all those "quotes" that go with the months. Very unique!

@Cristina I am working on a blog post for this coming Monday so it will still be soon enough for anyone to get it and use it for these calendar pages if needed. I am recoding it to adjust for PSP2023 (and an additional feature too).

@Leslie Gifford Cook Don't worry. Nobody has actually finished ANY page yet since the tutorials will be applied one after the other on the same page so I would not be surprised if some people might be waiting to show their finished pages.

@Donna Sillia That is an interesting tweak to add gems to the month!

@Ann Seeber We are always going on a safari with your photos!

@Corrie KinkelI apologize for giving you more work since my calendar dates started on Sundays and yours start on Mondays.

@Anja Pelzer That was a lot of work for your April dates!!!

@Jannette Nieuwboer Don't worry. You'll catch up. Keep up the great work!

@MoniqueN. That little space will be filled soon!

@Lynda DiGregor Did you replicate the technique from the Freaky Filter class with the same images?

@Susan Ewart So many ideas, and only 12 pages to work on!!! 🙂  As for the notes, I so wish I could write prescriptions for the Campus. For some members, this is cheaper and better than therapy/meds (and in a serious way too). As for the size, it does not matter which one shows. Points and pixels are like inches and centimeters. It does not change the length of a piece; it is just a different unit. And sometimes, it is a little glitchy I find. I tend to always use Pixels for a unit because that is what I started with when I used the JASC versions, and then they added Points as a unit, but for me, I think in pixels.

@Dan Greenwood We'll call you when we have our first FA meeting 🙂

Hi Carole, In answer to your question, if I understand what you are asking. I used one of the finished projects from the Freaky Filter class. It fit the October month with Halloween.

So far, I have created January thru June. The font is Samantha Upright from Creative Fabrica. I use the Vectorstroke script to add the birthstone for each month. The flowers for Jan and Feb are from Creative Fabrica and for March my own photo and bow. I used layer styles to highlight the month. The background is my own which I call glitter streaks. I redid the months using the cass custom calendar script which was just updated. Thank you Carole. All the calendar photos are my own or from family. Jan is a picture of Lake Erie in winter, the second is from my grandson on his way to snowboarding and the third is my picture of Detroit taken from across the river.

dsmycaljan.jpg

dsmycalfeb.jpg

dsmycalmarch.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Donna Sillia said:

So far, I have created January thru June. The font is Samantha Upright from Creative Fabrica. I use the Vectorstroke script to add the birthstone for each month. The flowers for Jan and Feb are from Creative Fabrica and for March my own photo and bow. I used layer styles to highlight the month. The background is my own which I call glitter streaks. I redid the months using the cass custom calendar script which was just updated. Thank you Carole. All the calendar photos are my own or from family. Jan is a picture of Lake Erie in winter, the second is from my grandson on his way to snowboarding and the third is my picture of Detroit taken from across the river.

dsmycaljan.jpg

dsmycalfeb.jpg

dsmycalmarch.jpg

I love your use of color.  what a good idea to use birthstones and the Vector Stroke.  Wait till you get to November, it's a deco-looking frame, do you think?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

sometimes I just post twice so I can use the max size.  One thing is weird.  When i resize in PSP then 'save as' and make it 450-ish or 250 ish for two uploads it is actually smaller when I upload them.  I had three yesterday that were well over 500KB total but I was able to add the third one and the sizes it said didnt total to 500KB.  I took off the third anyway and posted separately.  

5 hours ago, Barbara Caulton said:

Forgotten if I "reply to topic or start new thread" Apologies if I got it wrong ! What a learning curve this all is. I started the January page and noticed how some of you had changed so many different things on day one or 2two and thought I had to try to do the same! What a disaster, computer nearly going in the bin ! I was then taking care of a friends 6 three week old puppies and the mother dog while they took a short break. Calendars  were no longer foremost in my mind but puppy gazing was !  I  now realized some of you have done this before. I didn't realize that each day Carole would give us further instructions. I might be 74 but I don't expect my brain to do this to me , what an idiot I was  !! So today I have followed each days tutorial  to the letter and tried to apply it to January at least . I had no idea that a character map existed or how to do so many of the things in the 7 day tutorial. I changed the colors on some dates to correspond with my Blue Green and Brown refuse bins being emptied .The purple jacket had something on I needed to remove  and have already learnt to brush over in the purple and I added a snowflake to detract from a large purple area. Any graphics were from Pixidoodles.  Have a nice day everyone 

final jan  600 jpeg.jpg

Great job!

• Like 1