Calendar Workshop 2024

Cassel

1 hour ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

@Susan EwartI don't no anything about cameras. My husband was used to be the photographer in this household. Now i snap something with my cellphone so now and than. Not  enough to fill an whole calendar. 📸

I was lucky to be handed down cameras from my parents and grandparents.  They were casual photographers, family stuff mostly and my grandfather probably did more than my parents.  I have bought a few on my own to add to the collection but like everything else they have gone way up in price lately.  I used to be able to pick them up very inexpensively at thrift stores.  I have the worst camera on my 8 yr old cell phone (that has no data *GASP*).  The newer phones take amazing photo's.  They are not great to make large prints from due to the small sensor size.  I'm sure that will change in time though.  That's also why current cameras have gotten so expensive, less demand as more people use their phones and less buying camera and equipment/accessories.  I started collecting because I thought they were interesting looking, in doing the magazine workshop I had to do a little research about them and now I've become interested in learning more about the ones I have.

• Like 4

December 🙂 Now I see it online, it's very dark, maye I will change the background colours 🙂

I will make a cover for this calender and after that I will make a calender with pictures of my grandaughter how she looked like a year ago. She will be 2 in february, so it will be nice to see how she changed this year 🙂

12- december 600.jpg

Edited by MoniqueN.
Dark layout, maybe change it
  • Like 2
  • Love 6

20 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

large.112024-Calendar-11600.jpg.0a62bd1371a2375364470ef92149b04f.jpglarge.122024-Calendar-12600.jpg.3e8bf7faf2f35236476177e07083b968.jpglarge.Cover2024-Calendar-Cover600.jpg.5360e51b09e497d36c16c99c2e8fadbd.jpg

December image from Creative Fabrica, paid.

Bonnie I'm so glad that you could find the time to resize your calendar pages so we could enjoy them. They are lovely and will print well, should you decide to do so. I hope your care duties will stay manageable and leave you some time for yourself! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 11/20/2023 at 8:49 AM, Corrie Kinkel said:

Yes I have used blendmodes to all the images under the date boxes and for some background gradients too. I have used different ones because different colors needs  different blendmodes to get the effect I want. I always check in the layers palette which one I'll choose and very often I reduce the opacity too. I have PSP 2023 and in this version you can scroll along the blendmodes and see on your image what it would look like. For me one of the great assets of this version.

I gave it a try.  I put the background image underneath the date boxes and experimented with different blend modes and opacity.  I'm very curious that with some blend modes the image completely disappeared!  Why's that?

2024-Calendar-February 02.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Where did you find your lost text....perhaps my lost money is there too! 😁.  a really stunning calendar.

It was in a bounding box and I forgot to rasterize it. It was there on the .pspimage, just not on the .jpg. The platform initially rejected it as too large so I had gone back and increased the compression from 22 to 72. SQUEEZE time! LOL

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Julian Adams said:

I gave it a try.  I put the background image underneath the date boxes and experimented with different blend modes and opacity.  I'm very curious that with some blend modes the image completely disappeared!  Why's that?

Blend modes interact with the layer(s) below. I'm sure there's plenty of info in the campus on this topic, but a quick search in the PSP Help Topics is below. After years of PSP, I still don't understand them all: the explanations are a little too technical for me.

https://help.corel.com/paintshop-pro/v24/en/help/index.html#page/Corel_PaintShop_Pro/blending_layers.html

• Like 3

I now in your side of the world the colder winter weather is beginning, but down under, we are coming in to the warmer weather so I decided to show some of our lovely lifestyle.  One is walking along the Glenelg Jetty on a warm evening and another showing some of the beautiful scenery along the Great Ocean Road.

MyCalendar-01 2024 600.jpg

My Calendar-02 2024 600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7