Calendar Workshop 2024

Cassel

On 11/18/2023 at 4:32 AM, Michele said:

On the subject of fonts, which font managers does everyone use? I desperately need one. I currently add the different categories to the zip filenames. It's a terrible method as it simply brings up the zip files which don't show the fonts. I'm sure (?) I would download fewer fonts if I could organize them better.

I use Fontbase. There is a free version which is fully functional. The paid version is $39 a year, which is what I use. It has features that let me sync fonts between my two laptops. The viewer does a good job of giving access to the glyphs.Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 2:58 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

Here are my finished pages for November and December. I intended to use the same technique of "find all edges" on a duplicate of the photo, but I found that it works great on some photos and their pages but not on all! I want to be consistent so I skipped thatΒ  idea and did something else instead. I search through my stock for images relating to the particular month or season and put that image under the boxes. Of course I have to use a blendmode to give the desired result and the blendmodes are different for each page depending on the colors of the image and the gradient on the page. For December I maybe overdid it with all the decorations but it is the month you can go over the top! Now again I have to alter my other pages as well, luckily I hadn't done them all yet! After that I have to alter some of the pages from German to Dutch and not all the extra holidays are the same. But that will be peanuts. Only the German calendar has to go in the international mail, the rest stays here and I bring those with me when we meet the intended recipient.

November-600.jpg

December-600.jpg

I love the images on the mask!Β  Is that what you were talking about when yo mentioned blend mode.Β  Which mode did you choose?

27 minutes ago, Julian Adams said:

Absolutely beautiful textures!Β  That and the effects on the numbers make this one really stand out.

May I ask how you added effects to the numbers?Β  Did you modify Carole's or used your own?

I found this site long time ago with a script for calendars

when the script is ready I duplicate the vector group and rasterize,Β 

than I use Innerbevel and a little dropshadow

5 hours ago, Gerry Landreth said:

I use Fontbase. There is a free version which is fully functional. The paid version is $39 a year, which is what I use. It has features that let me sync fonts between my two laptops. The viewer does a good job of giving access to the glyphs.Β 

I use this one too.Β  And you can make your font folder (in Explorer) be a "watched" folder so it updates when you add new fonts to the folder.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Hello, Everyone! Amazing work here. Carole must be very proud. I have been pretty quiet...my caretaking duties are increasing. I have completed my calendar and hope to have time tomorrow to resize and post. Have a great evening!

I hope your caretaking isnt too onerous and you remember to take time for yourself to re-charge.Β  We will all be here when you have the time.

• Like 3

Here is my revised September and my remaining month; December.Β  The original photo I was going to use was too wide so this one became the stand in for December. the 3rd photo is the one I couldn't fit.Β  I had wanted a festive vintage movie camera shot for December.Β  I was painting with light.Β  20-25 second exposures in pitch black and using a very small flashlight to highlight areas.Β  Best with no background but this was on my wall unit so I left it as it and my flashlight is that horrible blue color, but it was fun to to experiment with the technique.Β  I made 4 shots, and used lighten blend mode in the layers.Β Β 

Tomorrow I'll get to the cover.Β  I still have lots to go back and polish in the previous months and text to add and research to do about the camera.Β  (I collect them cause they look cool, not because I want to know about them.Β  Now, I'm getting more interested in getting some knowledge about them....yup, a sign I'm getting old πŸ˜”) .

sje-2024-Calendar-09-600.jpg

sje-2024-Calendar-12-600.jpg

3350-53 edit merged-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6

17 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I don't know why, but unlike many IΒ  can only ever post one image at a time. EvenΒ  when keeping within the parameters of the file and page size.Β 

Month information.jpg

Sue, I haven't yet had a problem with that, but the maximum number of pages I post in a comment is 2.

What I do is after clicking "choose files," I choose one page, and after this is uploaded, I choose the other.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Working on the cover gave me the opportunity to showcase this elephant photo which is one of my favorites. The title font is still Wakanda and the font for the year is Witch Mystery because I thought it looked rather African. I do love African art.Β 

13-2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-COVER_600.jpg

Ann, I also love to see your Wild Life calendar pages. You showcased so well those beautiful animals.Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Here is my revised September and my remaining month; December.Β  The original photo I was going to use was too wide so this one became the stand in for December. the 3rd photo is the one I couldn't fit.Β  I had wanted a festive vintage movie camera shot for December.Β  I was painting with light.Β  20-25 second exposures in pitch black and using a very small flashlight to highlight areas.Β  Best with no background but this was on my wall unit so I left it as it and my flashlight is that horrible blue color, but it was fun to to experiment with the technique.Β  I made 4 shots, and used lighten blend mode in the layers.Β Β 

Tomorrow I'll get to the cover.Β  I still have lots to go back and polish in the previous months and text to add and research to do about the camera.Β  (I collect them cause they look cool, not because I want to know about them.Β  Now, I'm getting more interested in getting some knowledge about them....yup, a sign I'm getting old πŸ˜”) .

sje-2024-Calendar-09-600.jpg

sje-2024-Calendar-12-600.jpg

3350-53 edit merged-600.jpg

Great pages, Susan!

• Thanks 1

Here is May.

Wordart byΒ Scrapping with Liz:Β  Β SwL_HappyMothersDay

This time, it was about trying new ways of doing this, as the first one I participated in was in 2017... A long time ago.

And seeing the pages posted here inspired me for next year's calendarΒ πŸ™‚

05May 2024-Calendar.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

I purchased the Custom Calendar script, and I can see it will speed up their creation... I think it is genius, and I am curious to see how it is coded. πŸ˜‰Β πŸ˜„Β 

This morning, I was happy to see that the YouTube video was uploaded:Β  Β Custom Calendar

I know it takes time (there are hundreds of scripts!), but having a video explaining how it works is very helpful.

Β 

• Like 3