Travel Tale Workshop 2023

Cassel

@SuzyThe templates are there for inspiration and of course, there is no way for me to know exactly what kind of templates and photos one will want to use. If you don't use those templates, they will be stored for another project. I wanted the DIAMOND members to get something more for future use if it is not for this time around. That page with all the stamps look very interesting.

@Corrie KinkelNice variety of datestamps! And yes, the scripting course will wait and you should easily catch up.

@Susan EwartThat could be a way to go too. Since various elements are taught throughout the 7 days, one can combine them into one page. I just wanted to add something exclusive to the DIAMOND members.

@Ann Seeber There are different styles of scrapbooking: some will include lots of embellishments, some with none, and some with anything in-between. If an element fits, it will fit, but if the images are showcased enough, that is ok too.

@Rene Marker That is exactly what I keep saying: templates are a starting point. From there, you can go in any direction!

@Bonnie Ballentine Scripts are tools too. Why not use them!? Eventually, you might put everything together.

@Anita Wyatt It is very tempting to fit the photo to the space, but it is better to crop some edges than to squish the photos. It is like fitting a round peg in a square hole: to make it fit, one will be larger than the other. No way around it. Check this article on resizing photos.

@Gerry Landreth Oh no! She is caught already? What will happen to the rest of the workshop? Unless she escapes?

@fiona cook If you have small details to show, you can size a double page to 1000 pixels OR split them in two too! (oops I now see you did exactly that!)

@kasany Can you share a little bit of context for your project? I am unclear why the baby feet.

@Michele I am sure you will find occasions to retry the tutorial so you can figure out how you did it correctly.

@Donna SilliaA great idea to attach the tags to a suitcase!

@bina greene Even if the shape of the map is not obvious to outsiders, you will include that information somewhere else in the layout or album so it is not an issue and the texture makes it unique too.

Keep it up. The lessons will stay available until next Sunday so you still have a week to catch up if you need to, or that long to change your mind (which happens often!).

Great work everybody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

@Anja Pelzer: Oh, love it all. Gorgeous. TFS! SIMPLY stunning page. 

@Cassel: Thank you! I had trouble with the layout size 8x10 landscape.. I wanted to put the rest of France onto the page initially as well but somehow it threw everything off balance and I just kept to the regional shape of Aquitaine.  I  seem to be running out of upload space for the images. Is that a restriction applying to single posts or just is it general? So far I have put all of the prompt layouts  into the same post instead of spreading them out into multiple posts. 

Edited by bina greene

5 hours ago, bina greene said:

.It's Sunday and I found some time for this incredible workshop. Many thanks again, Caroline and everybody else who has posted their fantastic projects here!.

This is my day one with the region shape done in what I intended to be a distressed or chalky stamped look. Not sure if it is recognizable as such but I am not too unhappy with the way the shape turned out.  Supplies I used are all freebies by Robyn Denton of Dancing Tiger Designs (dancingtigerdesignsaustralia.blogspot.com)

binaGreene_anglet600.jpg.7c0b116102613a76abd9ae6f21b7dd3d.jpg

Here is my day 2 indicating the way to get to the destination. Again supplies are all by Robyn Denton, except the background by myself.

binaGreene_anglet02.jpg

My version of the day 3 prompt 'postage stamp'. Sorry, it seems I ran out of upload space here, so this is a link to day 3, postage stamp. TFL

[img]https://i.imgur.com/A2M5YW9.jpg[/img]

Leather tag was the prompt on day 4.Here is the link.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/GzsnyJu.jpg[/img]

Wow! Bina, these are all very beautiful.  thank you for the link I love your leather tags and that postage stamp on that background is really cool. 

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, bina greene said:

@Cassel: Thank you! I had trouble with the layout size 8x10 landscape.. I wanted to put the rest of France onto the page initially as well but somehow it threw everything off balance and I just kept to the regional shape of Aquitaine.  I  seem to be running out of upload space for the images. Is that a restriction applying to single posts or just is it general? So far I have put all of the prompt layouts  into the same post instead of spreading them out into multiple posts. 

There is a limitation just because the system needs one but i doubt anyone would reach it. What message are you getting?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cassel said:

That could be a way to go too. Since various elements are taught throughout the 7 days, one can combine them into one page. I just wanted to add something exclusive to the DIAMOND members.

I feel bad that I did nothing for this workshop.  My idea, after the first one fizzled out (due to rain) got very involved...in my head, which is where it stayed.  I just got so busy with hubby off that I had no time, even though i kept thinking i would.  Here it is, Sunday night and still no time.  I hope to work on something and post in the What are you Working on forum.  

• Like 1

Carole, I know now that I haven't done this workshop before... It's different than I thought and I like that it's different.

Day 3 & 4 Doing the stamp took me the morning of yesterday and today I did the double page but I forgot that I had to do a logo. I'll add it tomorrow, it's too late to continue now.

I like the achievements presented so far. Nice job everyone!

Jour 3 et 4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 9

7 hours ago, Cassel said:

There is a limitation just because the system needs one but i doubt anyone would reach it. What message are you getting?

No worries, I figured out how to use a webhost... I was getting '64,2 KB total upload space' which seems a bit small. I also wrote a tutorial, to share with everyone here, on how to achieve the chalked look in Corel PSP that I'm showing  in my region shape on the Day ONE prompt page. Here is my share again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

@bina greene Your link only gives me the option to copy the filenames. The one you posted earlier worked fine and I viewed your work. Not sure why this one isn't working for me... 

Ann, the link worked for me, the download button was on the black background upper right corner of screen for me.   

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Michele said:

I don't have access to the pics I took in Ireland as they were not digital and they ended up in storage. Instead, I decided to make stamps from some floral pics I had taken during a spring walk a number of years ago.

large.TravelTaleDay50101600.jpg.254a070c5502aa18729e8628b4069224.jpglarge.TravelTaleDay50201600.jpg.b5f682be89974f79d150117314d2cfe1.jpglarge.TravelTaleDay50301600.jpg.7dfc29eb45682ddaa63e79dc813d530c.jpglarge.TravelTaleDay50401600.jpg.d99c38873bf88682f8b24fc2c71e0666.jpglarge.TravelTaleDay50501600.jpg.acf4e264455a0cbc481b4bf3ab0c2b5e.jpg

These are beautiful.  dont you find these look amazingly like real stamps.  It's a great tutorial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

@bina greene Your link only gives me the option to copy the filenames. The one you posted earlier worked fine and I viewed your work. Not sure why this one isn't working for me... 

I tested this being logged out of my google and it did work by clicking the arrow in the upper left of the screen. Pls. let me know if the issue continues. I can also ul this to dropbox,  maybe db works better for everyone ☺️

And this is my 2nd layout of the Grand Canyon and the photo of the condor comes from the internet. I have seen 2 condors perched on a rock but I don't have the photo equipement (very big telelens) to get a shot like this. I have takken a couple of photos of them but when I would use those here it won't show much, but everybody seeing them was very excited, there was a general buzz going round. On this page is my tag and I used a photo for the background too. I found a nice journaling card in my stash for writing the dimensions of the canyon, it is huge!!! On the day I was visiting, there were birds flying around, so that's why I included some.  

Travel Workshop Grand Canyon 2-resized.jpg

• Love 11

18 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I feel bad that I did nothing for this workshop.  My idea, after the first one fizzled out (due to rain) got very involved...in my head, which is where it stayed.  I just got so busy with hubby off that I had no time, even though i kept thinking i would.  Here it is, Sunday night and still no time.  I hope to work on something and post in the What are you Working on forum.  

Funny how life can get in the way of our plans, eh? Happens to me a lot.

• Like 1

You all already posted beautiful pages!! Due to unexpected circumstances I have not yet been able to continue. This is what I'm doing for day 3, with the date stamp. I don't know if I will be able to finish this workshop. But then it will be for next time.
I also wanted to use the openbook script, but I immediately made the design in a double page and the script only works with 2 pages of 12 x 12. I thought of that too late.

mclp_TravelTale_Worksh_23_08_d03_600.jpg

• Love 11

Well, I finally finished the 1st 2 pages after the opening.  The sunglasses and curvy road sign are from PS DiHiller; the RV stickers are from PS Marisa Lerrin; the rest of the elements and papers are mine; the MO state flag and state flower (Hawthorn) were obtained from the web. The Day 1 font is Britannic Bold and the journaling is Arial.

2023 Travel Challenge, pages 1-2_1000.jpg

• Love 8

I have to say the book script is awesome. 

And those stamps look ready to mail, Michele. So realistic.  I’m not sure if it’s a script on not, but the cocked stamp that Michele and a Bonnie had in their page of stamps is really nice! 

Bina, nice to see you here. Your leather tags are beautiful!

I ALSO have to say that everybody here has become the equivalent of a professional scrapbook artist in just the single year I have been here! Truly, these LOs are amazing, as are the photos. (Or the cropping in some instances, I imagine.) And Corrie, I’ve lived here my whole life and have only ever heard of about half of the Arizona stuff in your LOs!  I had to Google several of them. I read that in the “early days” (they didn’t give an actual date that I saw) of tourism to the Montezuma castle, they allowed tourists to take rope ladders up to the formations? Can you imagine that???  

I had to attend other things over the weekend, but I’ll get back to it this week and just post here as I go. I have all the photos laid out for 2 more pages,  but they’re all way too big, which put me way behind. But I just remembered I also have to clean the basement.  I hate when housework interferes with my PSP time!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2