Calendar Workshop 2024

Cassel

And this are the pages March and April, by the way when I change the font I will change language too. One copy of this calendar will be in German and one in Dutch, because I have to make X-mas presents for different countries and languages! But it will be easy, only the months and the days of the week. All my pages will go by the same principle but the colors will change depending on the colors of the flowers in the photos.

Maart-600.jpg

April-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 11

My January and February--I am using a color and birthday flower for each month. Although I have a lot of flower pictures, I don't have pictures of violets or carnations, so I used CF Spark. I may just continue using it for each flower for consistancy. The font is Alamonte Snow. Photos are my own.

dsJanuary.jpg

dsFebruary.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 7

Ever such creative work submitted by talented ladies and gentlemen.  Some will know that  3 weeks tomorrow I will be flying home, which  had meant   that throughout the summer I had been  busy plodding away with calendars, cards  and advent calendars.  This year I made 3 different calendars, insects, landscapes and  mammals.  It just so happened that I used the very first set of templates for this calendar.  So I thought I'd post Jan and Feb, as I am not actually participating this year.   I created my own rounded date boxes.

Februarya.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 9

3 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Ever such creative work submitted by talented ladies and gentlemen.  Some will know that  3 weeks tomorrow I will be flying home, which  had meant   that throughout the summer I had been  busy plodding away with calendars, cards  and advent calendars.  This year I made 3 different calendars, insects, landscapes and  mammals.  It just so happened that I used the very first set of templates for this calendar.  So I thought I'd post Jan and Feb, as I am not actually participating this year.   I created my own rounded date boxes.

Februarya.jpg

Wowzers!  Both months are gorgeous!  I love how you did the date boxes with the lowered opacity photo (is that right?).  Did you make a mask out of the date boxes.  What creative and wonderful ideas you have.  Super inspiring.  Have a safe trip, a fabulous time at home and I hope you are able to check in with the Campus so we know how you are doing?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Susan Ewart said:

Wowzers!  Both months are gorgeous!  I love how you did the date boxes with the lowered opacity photo (is that right?).  Did you make a mask out of the date boxes.  What creative and wonderful ideas you have.  Super inspiring.  Have a safe trip, a fabulous time at home and I hope you are able to check in with the Campus so we know how you are doing?  

To achieve the desired effect in the boxes, would depend on the colours  and images used. Some may need a blend mode, along with lowering the opacity. To select the boxes, the selection tool, magic wand is more efficient, than creating a Mask.  I will certainly  be periodically checking in to check up on you all.  I've  decided not to take my small laptop this time.  

• Love 1

33 minutes ago, Julian Adams said:

I'm having trouble with the Gradient filter.  The top is fine but I'd like the bottom to get light faster.  I can't figure out how to control that.  I also seem to have a newer version of PSP and the gradient settings are different than those shown in the video.

2024-Calendar-January 01.jpg

Gradient.jpg

I have just noticed that   you need to set the angle to  zero. 

@Cristina Those photos are cute and fun!

@Jannette Nieuwboer That bird is a great contortionist!

@Michele Whimsical looks fantastic!

@Ann Seeber Those pictures already make me smile!

@Dan Greenwood Although we have not touched on changing the background, you have a great idea by using a map!

@Corrie Kinkel Gradients can add a real touch of "elegance" in place of a solid color. And yes, the months can be edited in any language! That is the advantage of those templates.

@Susan Ewart What is that font you are using? It looks like a fun one!

@Anne Lamp Cool start. Looking forward to the other months too!

@Donna Sillia You are ahead of everyone with your page 😉

@MoniqueN. This is how to personalize these pages. This is so meaningful for you.

@Anja Pelzer That is an interesting twist to put the month on the bottom!

@Sue Thomas Thanks for sharing your previous calendar pages. It can give ideas of what CAN be done with PSP!

@Julian Adams Are you talking about the Gradient Fill or the Gradient Filter? You can check this article for some details on how to use it. Let us know if you need more help. What you have on your PSP is just different from mine because I have set mine to use the Classic Materials palette. You can see how I set it up on this blog post.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cassel said:

What is that font you are using? It looks like a fun one!

It's called Creative Vintage.  From Creative Fabrica.  it does have glyphs and ligatures.  I used it for the Magazine workshop and since the cameras are all 40+ yrs old I went for a Vintage style font.  

• Like 2

On 11/14/2023 at 2:50 AM, Cassel said:

Welcome to the participants who already posted: @Ann Seeber @Corrie Kinkel @Bonnie Ballentine @Jannette Nieuwboer @Anja Pelzer @Susan Ewart @Cristina @Jeanine Caston @Les Cook @Brian Smith @Stanis Faye @Lynda DiGregor @Julian Adams @MoniqueN. @Dan Greenwood @Barbara Caulton @mark sternat

Now, for the daily feedback and answers.

@Lynda DiGregor That is an interesting idea to add the days of the week. Why didn't I think of it!? To create a shadow, you COULD do it, but it might be a bit challenging since your photo is through a mask. I'll add an extra lesson for that at the end. Thanks for the idea.

@MoniqueN. I don't think your photo is so offside. You can enlarge it a little and I think it would work.

@Barbara Caulton as Ann mentioned, it is normal that when you paste the photo, it will be a new layer. The PHOTO HERE layer is just a placeholder telling you where to activate the layer so you did it correctly.

@Anja Pelzer Good start. I guess you are already familiar with these templates. Each day will have a lesson about something else on those templates, like the dates, the month, and the background.

@mark sternat We'll get to help you. I already sent you an email about it. You'll get there.

If you have not posted anything yet, don't worry. Even if you did the lesson, your pages are not completed yet. If you want to wait until the end to show your work, it is fine. You can still come and post comments, and share your struggles, or your ideas. You can comment on others' projects, etc. Make yourself visible. We want to "see" you 🙂

@CasselThank  you Carole and Ann. I really need to do more work on masks. I need more hours in the day. !!

• Like 1

I'v improved the januari and added the februari

On the photo  of the green woodpecker is a copyright, it is from Ad van Duren nature photografer. I do not have to pay for it as it is for private use. I may use more of his photo's he promised me. I will make  a logo to him in exchange. And he wil have a copy of the calendar!!! Now I have to make an extra effort.2024-Calendar-01-2.jpg

2024-Calendar-02 green woodpecker-600.jpg

Edited by Jannette Nieuwboer
  • Like 2
  • Love 6

14 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Februarya.jpg

I love what you did  with the background of the calendar grid. Excellent idea.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Lynda DiGregor said:

I love what you did  with the background of the calendar grid. Excellent idea.

Thanks Lynda.  It's  also a nice subtle way to use more photos, as I   don't have a shortage of photos. I will point out that it has to be a subtle addition, as the days have to take precedence,  being clearly visible and  legible to cater for all ages of eyes.  Creating a calendar isn't   any different to creating a magazine or newspaper, as it has to accommodate a wide audience.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Thanks Lynda.  It's  also a nice subtle way to use more photos, as I   don't have a shortage of photos. I will point out that it has to be a subtle addition, as the days have to take precedence,  being clearly visible and  legible to cater for all ages of eyes.  Creating a calendar isn't   any different to creating a magazine or newspaper, as it has to accommodate a wide audience.

When adding photos to the  calendar grid, it can  be a bit tricky, as for me I have to have their face, more specifically an eye/eyes  unobscured  by the grid.  In this one I used two photos, adding the  hare in  the bottom right corner.  Making sure everything was in  proportion. I'm hoping  that if I hadn't mentioned it,  everyone wouldn't be any the wiser, thinking it was one photo. 

March a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7