Calendar Workshop 2024

Cassel

Ok I have my photo and the only page I have on Paintshop is the calendar, no other interface is on the left or right, on the example video it starts with this page of lots of info , I did not see how to get this page so only have a page with a calendar on it ...no tools to paste the photo.

The latest version of Paintshop.pro and first time using? Could someone guide me to the page I need to be on?

Thanks

Spoke to soon got to the right looking page with the calendar tried every thing to copy and paste my photo with photo here, so I guess I have to see one example to get it. Ctrl c and l no good  so I'm doing something wrong.  Its not Pinnicle studio so I will get up to speed I hope tomorrow.

Thanks again

Welcome to the participants who already posted: @Ann Seeber @Corrie Kinkel @Bonnie Ballentine @Jannette Nieuwboer @Anja Pelzer @Susan Ewart @Cristina @Jeanine Caston @Les Cook @Brian Smith @Stanis Faye @Lynda DiGregor @Julian Adams @MoniqueN. @Dan Greenwood @Barbara Caulton @mark sternat

Now, for the daily feedback and answers.

@Lynda DiGregor That is an interesting idea to add the days of the week. Why didn't I think of it!? To create a shadow, you COULD do it, but it might be a bit challenging since your photo is through a mask. I'll add an extra lesson for that at the end. Thanks for the idea.

@MoniqueN. I don't think your photo is so offside. You can enlarge it a little and I think it would work.

@Barbara Caulton as Ann mentioned, it is normal that when you paste the photo, it will be a new layer. The PHOTO HERE layer is just a placeholder telling you where to activate the layer so you did it correctly.

@Anja Pelzer Good start. I guess you are already familiar with these templates. Each day will have a lesson about something else on those templates, like the dates, the month, and the background.

@mark sternat We'll get to help you. I already sent you an email about it. You'll get there.

If you have not posted anything yet, don't worry. Even if you did the lesson, your pages are not completed yet. If you want to wait until the end to show your work, it is fine. You can still come and post comments, and share your struggles, or your ideas. You can comment on others' projects, etc. Make yourself visible. We want to "see" you 🙂

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MoniqueN. said:

The first page so far 🙂

The wedding couple should be more in the center ,but enlarging the photo doesn't help, so I think I have to find another photo 🙂

Januari 5.jpg

I think it looks great. The candles on the right balance the picture beautifully.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here are my preliminary Jan and Feb pages. Waiting for the next lesson to proceed further. The topic is Wildlife of Botswana, where, in previous years, I had documented a fantasy vacation to Africa for a Travel Workshop, based on my admiration for the book series, The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith.

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-JANUARY-prelim-600.jpg

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-FEBRUARY-prelim-600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 3
  • Love 9

@Cassel Your email lesson 2 says: "A calendar needs to indicate what month is on which pageThere is no "month/title" on the pages and since any page can be used for any month, the possibilities are endless for you. And if you want to use one of those fancy fonts, I'll show you how you can do it." Now I watched the video, and it deals with the background color but nothing about fonts. Meanwhile, the templates do have months spelled out. I'm confused...??

42 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Your email lesson 2 says: "A calendar needs to indicate what month is on which pageThere is no "month/title" on the pages and since any page can be used for any month, the possibilities are endless for you. And if you want to use one of those fancy fonts, I'll show you how you can do it." Now I watched the video, and it deals with the background color but nothing about fonts. Meanwhile, the templates do have months spelled out. I'm confused...??

Oh, that must have been from last year's workshop which had totally different templates. Thanks. I'll fix that.

3 hours ago, Michele said:

Here are my first two months. I thought I would go whimsical this year. Then again, I may change my mind. LOL

large.Calendar240101600.jpg.66dffa781e6e5d10cf32a0cfa8d6820b.jpglarge.Calendar240201600.jpg.194ecec58e283e3ac99d8ce5c55b3506.jpg

Michele, Is the bottom picture on top of the January template? It has a "line" which you can see clearly. In the February layout it seems to blend more with the template 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MoniqueN. said:

Michele, Is the bottom picture on top of the January template? It has a "line" which you can see clearly. In the February layout it seems to blend more with the template

No, it's below the masked layer. I have it as a background. I lowered the opacity so the text was more visible. Maybe I have to raise the opacity and change the color of the text.

• Like 1

Here is the preview of January and February. I used the technique showed in the lesson with a twist. Instead of using 2 solod colors and the gradient faded background I used one solid color as a base  and then chose a matching gradient on an extra raster layer and took it down and played with the blendmodes until I got something that I liked. Fot this 2 pages I used the same color and gradient only with a different blendmode. I will change the font much later in this project so I can do them all in one go. I will probably change the date boxes too because over here the week starts with a Monday. 

Januari-600.jpg

Februari-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 9

Here is the start of my Calendar - Jan/Feb

I mostly have portraits orientation on the cameras I did photograph for the Magazine workshop.  So, I will be in the studio shooting again to get some in landscape format.  I'm sticking with the Creative Vintage font I used in the Magazine workshop.  I will add the background as the lessons continue.  I like that we build on each one and then go back to the previous months to add the new techniques.  Good practice for me.   

sje-2024-Calendar-01-600.jpg

sje-2024-Calendar-02-600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 4