Template Workshop 2024

Cassel

@Alice Daniel Did you figure out what happened with your image? If not, drop me an email so I can help you further.

@Carolyn Rye Good work on the shadowing of the bow! It looks really lifted. By the way, I apologize as I edited your post to remove the double "quote" but it put your layout inside one.

@Steven Garthwaite Are you a Packers' fan by any chance? 😉

@Corrie Kinkel I am also happy to give you some "easy" work to relax!

@Emerald Jay Although masks are not always needed, they have some great advantages and once you understand how to handle them, you will find many other uses. Looking at your layout, is it possible that you either forgot to add the shadows OR you shared the wrong version of your layout?

@Royanne Hewko That dark sky background is very suitable to the theme! Glad you like the handouts (I finished them on Sunday!)

@Mary Solaas I LOVE that font!!! That is a very versatile one for writing titles! Will you use that header on your FB page? Are you also getting issues with the PSP2022 where the wrapped text gets unwrapped?

@France Rivest Did you take those lovely pictures? J'aime bien le papier à motif de bois de ton deuxième projet.

@Sharla Yes, you can change your mind for days or weeks! And even if you post it this way now, you are still allowed to change your mind next week! 🙂 On your Book layout, can you double-check the shadows for the greenery? I am not 100% sure but it LOOKS like the shadows are on top of the leaves. Is it possible?

@Barbara Caulton If you want to give it a try, you MIGHT want to reset the settings to default through File > Preferences > Reset Preferences and Reset the Workspace. That would lose any customization you might have had, BUT it might work. I cannot guarantee it so if you are ok with the alternative, maybe wait until after the workshop?

@Julian Adams That is a cutie!!! He really looks happy! If you have a chance, add the date of the pictures on your projects so you can remember them later! How old is he on those pictures?

@Gerry Landreth Great layout. For your wrapping text issue, I can replicate it myself so I will report it to the team tonight. I don't currently have an alternative for you unless you have a different PSP version you can use in the meantime.

@Shirley That is such a fun picture! I am glad to have a chance to see you!

@Ann Seeber Did you manage to use the text wrapping for that odd-shaped area?

@bina greene I am sure you will catch up!  Isn't that fun to be able to use your own supplies?

@sharon thompson Yes, those extra templates are some of the perks of our DIAMOND members. I asked them to make it clear they were using the "extras" exactly for that reason! DIAMOND members also get written instructions. For the wrapped text, there is a tutorial here. Hopefully, it will be clearer than other tutorials. Let me know!

@Bonnie Ballentine Who are the ladies in the beach picture?

@Randy Can you check if the Leading value is set to something other than 0.

Keep them coming. Everyone's work is inspiring and if you encounter issues, there might be solutions, alternatives, or just encouragement.

@Cassel I didn't have issues with the text wrapping coming unwrapped, I had that wonky text doing its own thing with size - not points or pixels or maybe I choose points and it shows up as pixels.  I'm keeping the yellow gold flowers I did in the previous template workshop for my facebook page.  With the day 3 layout which I will post below, I didn't have any issues with wonky text.  Go figure.

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Like 1

Day 3 template. Kit used: cpjess-tomorrow-folder-mini for the 3 patterned papers; I colorized and texturized the 2 small papers; the font I used was Brailganta Script (Creative Fabrica); I made the tag in back of the title from a preset shape which I texturized. The picture is from another Jessica Dunn kit. I did colorize the stitching and innerbevelled it.

2024 Template 3_600.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 8

I know I am a but late to do this, but it has been a very busy week.  I know that is no excuse but I have decided that I am sick of doctor's appointments, x-ray, MRI's etc. 

This is my Day 2 attempt.

Day2Temp-Carol600.jpg

Edited by Carolyn Rye
  • Like 6
  • WOW 1
  • Love 15

3 hours ago, Carolyn Rye said:

I know I am a but late to do this, but it has been a very busy week.  I know that is no excuse but I have decided that I am sick of doctor's appointments, x-ray, MRI's etc. 

This is my Day 2 attempt.

Day2Temp-Carol600.jpg

Great use of complimentary colors,  Also nice 3D effects!

Edited by Julian Adams
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, bina greene said:

Hello and thank you @Cassel and to everyone. I'm a wee bit late to the party.... and I hope I can catch up. Wonderful pages here already. 💓Oh and I brought a lil gift for everyone, too. You can dl my winter themed mini here.

Thank you, Bina, that mini is very cute, and appropriate for today where it is 9 degrees F. here this morning! *brrr

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Alice Daniel Did you figure out what happened with your image? If not, drop me an email so I can help you further.

@Carolyn Rye Good work on the shadowing of the bow! It looks really lifted. By the way, I apologize as I edited your post to remove the double "quote" but it put your layout inside one.

@Emerald Jay Although masks are not always needed, they have some great advantages and once you understand how to handle them, you will find many other uses. Looking at your layout, is it possible that you either forgot to add the shadows OR you shared the wrong version of your layout?

@Royanne Hewko That dark sky background is very suitable to the theme! Glad you like the handouts (I finished them on Sunday!)

@Mary Solaas I LOVE that font!!! That is a very versatile one for writing titles! Will you use that header on your FB page? Are you also getting issues with the PSP2022 where the wrapped text gets unwrapped?

@France Rivest Did you take those lovely pictures? J'aime bien le papier à motif de bois de ton deuxième projet.

@Sharla Yes, you can change your mind for days or weeks! And even if you post it this way now, you are still allowed to change your mind next week! 🙂 On your Book layout, can you double-check the shadows for the greenery? I am not 100% sure but it LOOKS like the shadows are on top of the leaves. Is it possible?

@Barbara Caulton If you want to give it a try, you MIGHT want to reset the settings to default through File > Preferences > Reset Preferences and Reset the Workspace. That would lose any customization you might have had, BUT it might work. I cannot guarantee it so if you are ok with the alternative, maybe wait until after the workshop?

@Julian Adams That is a cutie!!! He really looks happy! If you have a chance, add the date of the pictures on your projects so you can remember them later! How old is he on those pictures?

@Gerry Landreth Great layout. For your wrapping text issue, I can replicate it myself so I will report it to the team tonight. I don't currently have an alternative for you unless you have a different PSP version you can use in the meantime.

@bina greene I am sure you will catch up!  Isn't that fun to be able to use your own supplies?

@sharon thompson Yes, those extra templates are some of the perks of our DIAMOND members. I asked them to make it clear they were using the "extras" exactly for that reason! DIAMOND members also get written instructions. For the wrapped text, there is a tutorial here. Hopefully, it will be clearer than other tutorials. Let me know!

Keep them coming. Everyone's work is inspiring and if you encounter issues, there might be solutions, alternatives, or just encouragement.

Those are good suggestions, Carole, and I had the same thought.  Only problem is what I have is about 50 photos I downloaded from my niece on Facebook and don't have the dates each photo was taken.  I had a hard time finding his birthdate too.  And, he has a twin sister I need to include in these.  There are some great photos of the two of them I want to use.  I'm mostly making them for my niece.

On the second project the big picture had a bright blue pacifier which stuck out like a sore thumb.  It was a real challenge to clone it out.

Edited by Julian Adams
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Cassel No time like the present so I reset the preferences. The worst that could happen is I would have to use x8 for a while while I reinstalled! No joy with the delete key BUT I recovered things I had lost eg. the undo & redo arrows were missing I had to go to Edit undo redo.  The delete key is not a problem I am quite happy to use the alternative! Thank you so much again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Day 3 template. Kit used: cpjess-tomorrow-folder-mini for the 3 patterned papers; I colorized and texturized the 2 small papers; the font I used was Brailganta Script (Creative Fabrica); I made the tag in back of the title from a preset shape which I texturized. The picture is from another Jessica Dunn kit. I did colorize the stitching and innerbevelled it.

2024 Template 3_600.jpg

That's adorable!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Cassel said:

They are friends and pickleball players. We spent a fun-filled weekend at the beach!

18 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

How did you get that wavy effect

Mary, I went to Effects - Distortion - Wavy and just played with the settings. I wanted something sort of like waves in water for my daughter on the California coast. Here's a screenshot of the settings I used.

settings for Wave.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1

Day 2- We haven't been out and about to much lately so I just went through some old photos. The kids are my son, Dominic, in red, my grandson, Tony, and his sister, Haley, my only granddaughter. When I say old, I mean old. Haley is now 20, Tony is 25, and Dominic is 36. It was a fun day in the preserve in back of our house in Crystal Lake.

cass-Template2-winter-sm.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 7

17 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Day 3

After the snow photos of day 1 and 2 I used 2 photos of the same Hortensia that was in my day 1, but here in full bloom. I used the extra template for this one and colored the leaves with the technique of the lesson. The papers are my one creation and I had them in my stash. The flower elements are by cpjess-old fashioned summer. The button is one I use often and recolor as needed. The butterfly I forgot where I have that one from. I have accumulated a whole bunch of butterflies. Last  the front is Bastro.

Template Workshop-day3-600.jpg

Beautiful layout, Corrie... Love everything about it!... The top paper is so cute; is this the Linoleum Technique? ...  I didn't resist and downloaded the font from Dafont. 🙃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

And here is my Lesson 2, though not totally happy with the curvy text but practice makes perfect! My photo...

TEMPLATE WORKSHOP-2- BRASS COLLECTIBLES_600.jpg

OMG Ann!  I love that whole set up on the tray.  What a treasure they are   Nice carpet by the way.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

I managed to do template 2 and although I have Caroles scripts, I wanted to do this template as instructed and after a few attempts I managed to do it. I learn by getting it wrong first time rather than right and hopefully with good notes I remember how to do it. Anyway,here is my result for template day 2.

Template 2-SGH-18-01-2024.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 12

My daughter found an afternoon tea event in Fredericksburg that we will be attending. Since I don't have any good teahouse photos, I created one using Canva for the table, tea tray and tea set. The brick background is from deeezy.com. The bird paper is also from Canva; the polka dot paper is my own, the parchment is from FF, the wood from one of my daughter's photos, the plaid is one of my own and the clock is from my build a kit. The font is Bravo from Creative Fabrica.

dsTimeforTea.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 8