Template Workshop 2024

Cassel

3 hours ago, Cristina said:

Beautiful layout, Corrie... Love everything about it!... The top paper is so cute; is this the Linoleum Technique? ...  I didn't resist and downloaded the font from Dafont. 🙃

Thank you Cristina. The top paper isn't the Linoleum Technique but is made of 2 patterned papers and a blend mode of Color; just a lucky find when trying to make something that I liked for this layout. 😊That font is a favorite of mine and I use it frequently, nice you found it too.

• Love 1

@Gerry Landreth and @Cassel

I have the same issue with the wrapping text that gets unwrapped! As I haven't done much scrapping during the months of the scripting course I have no idea how long I have this issue. I think it worked normally during the Magazine Workshop where I used it a lot on the pages. Maybe it turned up when we did the Travel Workshop if I remember correctly, but at that time I thought I did something stupid and didn't asked about it and didn't read a comment about it. I'm glad Gerry mentioned it because I had the same problem here when I wanted my journaling to wrap inside a selection. Of course I then typed it on the paper without making that selection; I just had to be a little bit more careful and test for a font size that would go well.

Carole I'm glad you reported it to the team and I hope they will come up with a solution!

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
  • Like 3

Day 3 - Diamond template. All the papers and elements were created from scratch – the flair buttons from tutorials by Cassel as well as the stylized flower in the center. The font is Butterfly Wish – most of my fonts are from Creative Fabrica. The butterfly picture was taken in Blue Earth, MN, and the bee picture was taken at an RV park in St. Peter, MO.

2024 Template 3 Diamond_600.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Like 6
  • Love 11

large.2017214ColumbiaMyHometowncass-Template4600.jpg.9eb7009b6a31c762db12132a45de27e5.jpg

This layout could serve a double purpose...workshop  and All About Me.

I used a purchased kit...Travelogue by Connie Prince. I also rotated the two larger photos. The masked photo is of the State House. The historical markers tell of the burning of Columbia. During the Civil War Columbia was attacked and burned by General Sherman. The bronze stars mark 6 places where artillery hit the State House on February 19, 1865. My high school was about 3 blocks behind the state house. I love my home state!

• Like 5
  • Love 13

Day 4

I hadn't planed to use flower photos this time but after the photos of my plants in the snow I decided to stay with flowers/plants. So here are a couple of thistles. I like the idea of making the hard edge of the mask softer by using a blur! I must have forgotten that trick..... now I'll hopefully remember. The background paper is again made by using 2 papers from the april 2022 blogtrain with the blendmode lighten and the font is Bilderberg.

I haven't put the names of those thistles on the page because I don't know the English names and most if not all belong to the Echinops family. 

Tempate Workshop-day4-600.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 13

Template 3

Font Candara – which is free at https://www.dafontfree.io/candara-font/

Dog images were free this week at Creative Fabrica

Valentines Day Dog Sitting in Tea Cup Graphic by PrintExpert · Creative Fabrica

https://www.creativefabrica.com/product/valentines-day-dog-sitting-in-tea-cup-9/

I played around a lot with colors with different things including accidentally creating a new layer with colour and used blend mode.

>>> Carole, regarding the spacing between lines of text, the Leading was not zero so I changed it to zero. But the font I was using was also adding space above and below the text. So I chose a new text and this helped a lot too.

TEMPLATE 3 EXERCISE 600.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

Template 3 Extra – I’m treating it as a poster. The subject is my AI Andy Warhol cat from CF Spark, the font is Catlover from Creative Fabrica, the colors on the papers are from the cat.

2024 Template 3 Extra_600.jpg

I love this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I finally got on the board.  here is day 1

I still see the beauty in flowers long after they are done. I originally left them in the garden for the birds to use in the winter but found their lines and shape were interesting and beautiful.

Papers: Riley B Graphics (Creative Fabrica) (I highly recommend her, if you love grunge backgrounds and some overlays that include a video! - In PS) I added texture to the dark brown scallop piece.

Font: Hostania (Creative Fabrica) Inner bevel was added

Magenta paper for Title: chosen from photo then texture added

TemplateWS-Day 1-Ageless Beauty-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 5
  • Love 10

I'm on a roll.  Here is Day 2

Papers: Riley B Graphics for the dark brown and light beige inside the frame

Scallop: Creative Fabrica (I think)

The ring: a gradient with lots (like 253) repeats then inner bevel

I added frames (with inner bevel) around the photos to give them separation

Quote/paper under it:  Frank Lloyd Wright and paper chosen from photo and textured

Font:  p22 FLLW Exhibition (found on the internet - based on a font made by Frank Lloyd Wright)

TempWS Day 2-Longer I Live-600.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 11