Template Workshop 2024

Cassel

16 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Carole:  

Here is the message I got.  I clicked okay and "thought"  it wasn't saving it at all.  Well, clearly I had been in another folder before I did that because it was saving it into that folder, clearly I wasn't paying attention.  I kept saving and saving and I could see it wasn't under my Day 6 folder....so, I guess the hitting okay worked fine (the operator obviously didn't work fine -ME!).  But other than that.  Why do you think it was going to "fail".  At the time I was trying to find a nice fill for the font and was trying out all kinds of gradients, then patterns and different settings.  Do you think I was just clicking too much too fast and it got messed up trying to save the temp files fast enough?  

weird error.JPG

Susan I have done that so often, saving something in the spot that I had used to get a paper or whatever. When I now can't find my layout where it is suppoost to be I think where was I last and most of the time: hurray found it!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Susan I have done that so often, saving something in the spot that I had used to get a paper or whatever. When I now can't find my layout where it is suppoost to be I think where was I last and most of the time: hurray found it!

Corrie and Susan - this was happening to me a lot!  I kept finding my .pspimage files in the folders for papers, etc. so I talked to Carole and she pointed me to a little script to use for my Saves that has ended the confusion. It's not you, it appears to be a bug in 2023. At my age I don't need any more hints that I'm losing it! LOL

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Workshop Template 5 Diamond.  I think I am tired out and there is still 2 more project day templates to go.  Thinking about the theme (pictures, etc.) is now the hardest part. I texturized and colored the 3 small papers (that was fun)  - I used "tiling" under effects>texture effects for the first time and I like it - gives me some ideas for making ribbons. I played with the Change to Target tool on the flower element in the lower right corner. Interesting that this time there was no TITLE layer. I guess the journaling tells all.

2024 Template 5 Diamond_600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 10

Template 7 (extra). Done. The two pix were taken (top) last night and (bottom) this morning b/c I was impressed with the colours in the sky as the sun set and rose. It always makes me think of "Red sky at night, sailors' delight" and "Red sky at morn, sailors be warned." But it didn't work that way this time. We had a cloudy, damp, and chilly day with some rain. So much for those old sayings I guess.

I didn't change much in the template and added not much except for the little suns as elements. I'm not a big flower lover (at least the scrapbook kind, the reals ones are lovely). So I usually change them to something else. Fonts are two different ones and I don't recall their names.

2024 Jan Templ 7 extra sunset SBC_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

Workshop Template 5 Diamond.  I think I am tired out and there is still 2 more project day templates to go.  Thinking about the theme (pictures, etc.) is now the hardest part. I texturized and colored the 3 small papers (that was fun)  - I used "tiling" under effects>texture effects for the first time and I like it - gives me some ideas for making ribbons. I played with the Change to Target tool on the flower element in the lower right corner. Interesting that this time there was no TITLE layer. I guess the journaling tells all.

I agree. Coming up with a theme sometimes takes a long time. And then I have to actually find pix I can use b/c I don't take many.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Hi here is my day 4, getting a little behind, I can't sit too long as I have been getting migraines.  I am also on a time schedule to get my Granddaughters scrapbook finished which doesn't help, so today I have managed to use the given template for a double purpose. I wasn't sure if it would work because the book is smaller and not quite square, but its all good so happy me.  

Day 4 family .jpg 600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, Julie Magerka said:

Template 7 (extra). Done. The two pix were taken (top) last night and (bottom) this morning b/c I was impressed with the colours in the sky as the sun set and rose. It always makes me think of "Red sky at night, sailors' delight" and "Red sky at morn, sailors be warned." But it didn't work that way this time. We had a cloudy, damp, and chilly day with some rain. So much for those old sayings I guess.

I didn't change much in the template and added not much except for the little suns as elements. I'm not a big flower lover (at least the scrapbook kind, the reals ones are lovely). So I usually change them to something else. Fonts are two different ones and I don't recall their names.

2024 Jan Templ 7 extra sunset SBC_600.jpg

So pretty Julie.  I love "naked" tree silhouettes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

You just did a huge project with your travel/trip double pages, no wonder you are tired out.  This is great...and this is also not a race.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Corrie and Susan - this was happening to me a lot!  I kept finding my .pspimage files in the folders for papers, etc. so I talked to Carole and she pointed me to a little script to use for my Saves that has ended the confusion. It's not you, it appears to be a bug in 2023. At my age I don't need any more hints that I'm losing it! LOL

I didnt know that, about the bug.  What is the script called?

6 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Bonnie my husband just turned 79 last week and yes he is getting "old" in his behavior and thinking and that frightens me! Of course he has been seriously ill but while it is better now he is stuck in the feeling that he can't do things anymore and won't undertake nothing, only a couple of things he knows well. I know that there is help available but he categorical refuses that! So I sympathize with you not being able to travel with Judy; it is so sad when you see a person you love slipping away from you. I hope this trip will turn out better then you fear and with the help from trusted friends you won't be totally on your own. 

I worry mine will go down that route too.  I do understand your worry.  I am a world class worrier and I get so tired of worrying.  And I know I wont be needing to deal with that as I get older too.  Aging is so cruel.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

@Royanne Hewko You are right, only in Yuma! I had never thought of vacuuming grass. At the most, I thought it might be artificial grass!

@Susan Ewart I would have to check about the auto-preserve. It is there to save your work in case of a crash, so it would be up to you if you want to take the risk or if it is not really that big a deal for you.

@Jen Brown That is such a nice photo! You will find that we have lots of animal and nature lovers so don't stop sharing such photos.

@Corrie Kinkel I would never have guessed that flowers would be yellow for mahogany since the wood is so dark! We learn something every day!

@Emerald Jay Oh yeah, I remember Wilma4ever. I think she is/was a PSP user too, right? You know, if you ever find a place to host your kits, you can share links in the Sharing section. I am glad you found those tutorials useful. That is what I try to do in every tutorial of every workshop (and classes too!)

@Donna Sillia It is so fun when you have those drawings saved and scanned. That is something you can use in scrapbook projects and will be great conversation pieces later!

@Mary SolaasThe change in the placement of the four photos makes it look like it was meant to be displayed like that. Great work!

@Ann Seeber This is a great example of how the story is more important than a high-quality photo. I am glad you have to sub-par photos as they are so meaningful to show the cats.

@Louyse Toupin Great colors to showcase those photos!

@Julie MagerkaThe only change I might suggest on your project would be to wrap the text outside of the top paper layer as it seems unlikely that one would write over that top layer.

@Shirley If you need to adjust the template/page for a different format, you can look at this article. Of course, it is easier to do it with the base template, but the basics might still be useful.

@Harmony Birch So which seeds/plants are those in the Day 6 project?

@Julian Adams Beautiful tribute!

23 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Julian Adams It is ok to alter templates and at this point, it means you are getting more comfortable with them.

@Anja Pelzer That is a lot of work to catch up! Those mushroom photos are beautiful! And good work on customizing the projects.

@kasany You have great shadows on the teddy bear, but I think they are missing from the photos.

@Jen Brown I am glad you are getting back into PSP and that you find those tutorials helpful. 

@Emerald Jay That is a great kit you created. Is that a sharable kit? If so, do you have a link to it? If not, it is ok.

@MoniqueN. Isn't it nice how the scallops are perfectly suited to the page?

@bina greene That Greek kit is so colorful!!! Did you take those pictures?

@Gerry Landreth I love that play on word, whether it is accurate or not!!

@Donna Sillia You are doing a lot of manual work to customize your projects. The results are wonderful!

@France Rivest C'est intéressant de voir que tu utilises des rubans à mesurer avec un sujet complètement différent du mien!

@Royanne Hewko Is he actually vacuuming the grass???

@Julie Magerka If you get sick of a project, put it aside. We don't want you to be put off by any project! In the end, I don't know if you like it or not, but I think it looks great!

@Sheila Hogg I think I would rather call those flowers "Blue Poppy" than that long Latin name! I am glad you enjoyed the workshop.

@sharon thompson Oh, that is annoying when something like that happens. At least, when you redo it, it is faster because you know what you want to place where. At least, it saves that time.

@Anne Lamp That is lunchtime for the robin's babies!

@Carolyn Rye I think the ricrac ribbon is missing its shadow, or the shadow is moved off. Is that possible?

@Susan Ewart Yes, the Blend modes can really expand your stash by offering so many additional options of colors. About the error you are getting, I have never seen that before. It seems related to the auto-preserve and not the actual saving of the file. Is that possible? I wonder if you can turn off the auto-preserve and re-enable it later?

@Harmony Birch It is a good idea to focus on a single seed. It allows you to make closer shots!

I know that not everyone has done their 7 projects, so keep them coming!!!

Yes I did not have any ricrac ribbon then I think I ended up leaving out the effects totally.  Good find.  Thank you Cassel.

8 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

What is the script called?

It's called "MySave" and I was told to put it in "trusted scripts."  I pulled it out and put it on my taskbar with a little icon near the normal blue Save floppy - check with Carole.

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Thanks 2

On 1/19/2024 at 10:03 PM, Gerry Landreth said:

Day 5. Felix was born this past summer. The pictures are some of "The Firsts" of his first year - winter (in Illinois), Halloween, and Christmas.

The papers are from Annie Digital. The fonts are Lato Light and Belgium.

GNL-2024-TemplateWorkshop-Day05-600.jpg

Gerry, this is such a beautiful layout... Felix is so cute!

• Love 2

On 1/19/2024 at 11:26 PM, Susan Ewart said:

Day 4

Font:  Nelson (Creative Fabrica - Laura Worthington)

Paper: Riley B Graphics (Creative Fabrica)

The word "Echo" is the shadow only (of something once that was and now isn't) and I used it in the literary sense from a google search below.  I shadowed the frame but not sure I like it or not.

What does echo symbolize in literature?

In literature and art, an echo can symbolize memory, the past, or the idea of something being repeated or reflected back. In many cultures, the echo has been used as a symbol of communication, reflection, and the interconnectedness of different elements.Feb 26, 2021

TempWS Day 4-Echo-600.jpg

Susan, love the layouts and photos. 🙂 

• Love 1

On 1/20/2024 at 8:32 PM, Susan Ewart said:

If you ever want to see my nephews work, it's at etsy called:  Nonnas Woodshop.  Or or look for Dan Ewart on Instagram and see him rolling out pasta dough (he was a chef at a high end restaurant in Vancouver, BC). 

Susan, I checked both... Outstanding work!

• Love 1

On 1/20/2024 at 11:56 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

Day 6

Today I'm sticking with my flowers but this photo is from last spring and I choose it because I'm fed up with the cold and the remnants of the snow that makes the footpaths slippery! The timing of this workshop is great as we, my hubby and I are getting a little bit afraid of taking a fall on those slippery paths/roads and that is maybe a sensible thing regarding our ages. Why don't I like being sensible.............. 

I wanted to use this photo and therefore I used the extra diamond template because I could combine the mask layers in one layer (something we learned in the Magazine Workshop). The papers come from a kit called Denim and I got the dark background by using 2 papers and a blendmode. I really like using the blendmodes and in PSP 2023 that has become so easy. Instead of using the flowers that are in the kit I have chosen I bouquet from my stash. The font is Prida01 and that one has nice glyphs and I gave the text a bevel. 

Template Workshop-day6-600.jpg

Beautiful layout, Corrie!

We also had the same weather: icy roads and streets... Schools were closed, and people were advised on the radio to stay home. We follow the advice. 🙂 

• Thanks 1