Text Workshop 2023

Cassel

40 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Using my desert pics and the build a kit workshop elements and papers - this is my day 3 text workshop.  Interesting how to use the magic wand to make the area for the journaling.

Sunshine and Shadows-workshop 3_600.jpg

Mary, you are really getting GOOD at this! Wonderful layout!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Gerry Landreth said:

Day 3. This was taken a few years ago. She was mad because she still had to use the car seat.

Once they got on the road, her mother informed her that she was going to the pediatrician. From that moment on, she became as incorrigible as she could.

GNL-TextWorshop-03_600.jpg

?? It really made me laugh, and so true when we say this to our granddaughter ?

The text translated : Waves you don't only see by the sea, grasses also move along with the wind.

In Dutch the text rhymes?

Font Beyond Wonderland with a bevel

Papers Janet Scott ( I think)

I thik I set the nodes to tight, so some of my characters are a bit "lost".

Dag 4-600.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 10

My Day 4 with my granddaughter who is learning to dance the twist by videoconference. Her dance teacher making videos for classes during covid in 2020, so that his students learn while having fun. She loved that. ?

text: "Videoconference Dance Classes, due to Covid"
All Credits on my gallery

large.B57_PlaylistByKitdTpByCassel600.jpg.64b063cb92ba6fd26d992b14582c3a1f.jpg

Edited by nadine
  • Like 5
  • Love 13

1 hour ago, Pirkko Seppälä said:

here is my work for Day 4  Sulo warms the sleeping place for his mistress ?
What if I wanted to write in the path from top to bottom?

Text Workshop Day 4.jpg

Oh, Pirkko - I really loved this - and your word is really s t r e t c h i n g!!!

Edited by Mary Solaas

I am a little behind on posting.  I have been trying to work with each days workshop but have been having some issues with my PSP21, or more probably with my PC.  I finally got one project  day 3 finished.  Oh well maybe it will go better now, I cleaned a bunch of stuff off my P C and will try again. The text on the top is Jokeman.

childhood home 6b.jpg

• Like 12
  • Love 3

Still with my papers and orchid photos. I just made a simple curve with the text. The font is Salmon Queen script with an inner bevel. On all the layouts I have some sort of butterfly as an embellishment. Here in The Nederlands we have a world famous Spring bulbs show called "De Keukenhof" and on the grounds are glasshouses too and in one of those there is an orchid show with fantastic plants and the colors of the flowers go from subtle to vibrant. We have been there a couple of times in the past and each year the displays are different inside and outside. 

TextWorkshop-4-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 12

I finally finished No. 4 after many issues with the move and pick tools. I am still using my kit items and finding out that either don't like some or the colors don't work. For the background, used an embossed background but the bevel I had loaded had a light pink color. I decided to use it since that is one of my colors. The font used is Veni; the pictures are my own from Hilton Head.The jeweled flowers are part of my kit. The arrows were made today from presets, and I will add them to my kit. I've used the title before so I must be longing to return to the ocean. I am sort of getting the hang of curved text and started using it in my card making projects. I also should add that I am trying to be more aware of the use of shadows. I am saving them on their own layer so that they can be adjusted.

template5final.jpg

Edited by Donna Sillia
  • Like 2
  • Love 12

@kasany Your filled-in text is well done. Your outline is really shiny!!

@Linda I'll try to troubleshoot through emails in order to not flood this thread with back-and-forth exchanges, ok?

@Ann Seeber Those translucent stars are lovely.

@Hank Sobah As long as you are practicing the technique to use it whenever you need it, that is all this workshop is for ?

@Linda Hitt Those are beautiful photos!!! nicely showcased!

@Rene Marker With a little practice, that text on path will become easy, I promise!

@Mary Solaas That Wrapped Text was such a great addition to PSP and it is so versatile!

@Gerry Landreth Have you shown her that page showcasing her photo? What does she think of it now?

@Pirkko Seppälä What would you want to write from bottom to top? Would you want it like we would read it "sideway"? You can either reverse the path, or draw it from the bottom to the top in the first place. Is that what you mean?

@MoniqueN. You are right: the nodes were a little too tight, but since it is a path, you can always tweak that and the path will follow!

@nadine That is such a great layout with so much energy!! You should share with her teacher!

@Marie-Claire That picture really made me chuckle!!!

@Anne Lamp You are catching up nicely! keep it up. Don't worry, the tutorials will still be available to you.

@Corrie Kinkel Those photos are so colorful!!!!

@Donna Sillia Shadows can be challenging but with practice, you will develop an eye for it. Keep it up!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

This is the first time I have taken part in this kind of forum and I have totally enjoyed it.  I have now completed day 4 and I am looking forward to the next 3 days.

I am very new to this and realize just how much I do not know.  I had trouble with adding photos on the template so had to change the way they should have been done so that I could complete the project.  I will have to learn how to add photos the right way. 

I have attached a copy of the 4th day's project just to show that I am trying.

TextWorkshop 4A day at the beach.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 8

18 hours ago, Linda said:

Hi, I have just started this, I have no sound on my pc so looking at the screen whilst having the sound from my phone.
I can not see to get the text to fill, I keep clicking and changing but the same result. 
Where am I going wrong please.
thanks

text.jpg

good Job Ive started 10 times hrs and still have not got there, here like you yet ?   

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Cassel said:

You have to make sure that the text is highlighted to make the changes, otherwise, PSP might not know it is to apply on the current text, and think it is for the next one. Did you try that?

Wished I could get that far, and I have sound an  no excuse just spin my wheels going back and trying again.   Love all you guys   Your all so good.

4 hours ago, Cassel said:

Those translucent stars are lovely.

Thank you, Carole. I have a selection of them as templates which I can colorize and, in this case, lower the opacity to give them more of the look of translucency. There are 10 versions, and they are labeled: ps-esperanza-mixto-glitter-star-templates-kit, from Pixelscrappers.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I finally finished No. 4 after many issues with the move and pick tools. I am still using my kit items and finding out that either don't like some or the colors don't work. For the background, used an embossed background but the bevel I had loaded had a light pink color. I decided to use it since that is one of my colors. The font used is Veni; the pictures are my own from Hilton Head.The jeweled flowers are part of my kit. The arrows were made today from presets, and I will add them to my kit. I've used the title before so I must be longing to return to the ocean. I am sort of getting the hang of curved text and started using it in my card making projects. I also should add that I am trying to be more aware of the use of shadows. I am saving them on their own layer so that they can be adjusted.

template5final.jpg

This is a beautiful layout.  The colors go very well together.  I found I need to make changes to mine too.  Two colors I knew I didnt get right from the start, but I went with them. And the dark colors dont seem to be dark enough, as well as I should have had more colors in my pallet..  I absolutely love your arrows and your awesome cottage visitors.  I used to live very near the ocean and worked a few blocks from the ocean where I could stand on the beach and see America (Blaine, WA).  Now I'm living in a prairie province.  I miss the ociean and the mountains.  Side note: have you ever watched the Hercule Poirot shows (I think filmed in the 80's-90's?  The show is set in the 30's and so much Art Deco pieces in it.  We've been watching them on U-tube(we cancelled Netflix, who knew U-tube had all kinds of movies for free).

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, nadine said:

My Day 4 with my granddaughter who is learning to dance the twist by videoconference. Her dance teacher making videos for classes during covid in 2020, so that his students learn while having fun. She loved that. ?

text: "Videoconference Dance Classes, due to Covid"
All Credits on my gallery

large.B57_PlaylistByKitdTpByCassel600.jpg.64b063cb92ba6fd26d992b14582c3a1f.jpg

What a beautiful layout!  The background is stunning and the flower cluster is very nice.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Using my desert pics and the build a kit workshop elements and papers - this is my day 3 text workshop.  Interesting how to use the magic wand to make the area for the journaling.

Sunshine and Shadows-workshop 3_600.jpg

Look who's becoming a "Word Art" pro.  Beautiful layout, the colors work really well together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1