Calendar Workshop 2024

Cassel

28 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

Julian, here are pictures of the settings that I used for the bevel and drop shadow. I couldn't figure out how to do a screen shot with the bevel screen up so I had to take camera pictures. They are sort of rough looking.

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

Thanks!  I'll give that a try!

FWIW there is usually a key on a windows keyboard called print screen.  I took a photo of where mine is located.

You press the key and the screen gets copied to the clipboard as an image.  Then go to PSP and select Paste as a New Image and you have a copy in PSP.  You probably will want to crop it, resize it, and save it as a jpg.  It's really easy!

`Keyboard.jpg

Edited by Julian Adams

50 minutes ago, Julian Adams said:

Thanks!  I'll give that a try!

FWIW there is usually a key on a windows keyboard called print screen.  I took a photo of where mine is located.

You press the key and the screen gets copied to the clipboard as an image.  Then go to PSP and select Paste as a New Image and you have a copy in PSP.  You probably will want to crop it, resize it, and save it as a jpg.  It's really easy!

`Keyboard.jpg

I had  a print screen key on my old keyboard.  My newer one doesn't.  I could take a screen shot through PSP, but I prefer to use  hold down the shift key, windows logo key and the letter S. I then create a border around the area I want to take a screen shot of, and it saves it in documents. The only thing it doesn't include in a screen shot is the cursor pointer.

Screenshot 2023-11-27 180527.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm just back from picking up my Calendar print job from Staples. I'm very pleased with it. The reproduction is outstanding and the price was under $25.00.It is for Jackie and Corey for Christmas and I'm going to add a paperback copy of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency book by Alexander McCall Smith as that is how I got hooked on Botswana. Here's a photo of the calendar hanging on my wall.

CALENDAR PRINTED - HANGING ON WALL.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 5

July - Picture of my future daughter in law; larkspur from Creative Fabrica

August - Picture of my son and his two boys, all born in August; poppies are my own picture with leaves from Creative Fabrica; vase from cass presets; bow is my own.

September - Picture is my own; morning glories are from Creative Fabrica.

All the jewels were made with Filter Forge  and ,made into directional tubes in order to jewel the months with Vectortube.

dscaljuly.jpg

dscalaugust.jpg

dscalsept.jpg

• Love 5

Thank You Donna for getting me started with bevels!

I noticed yours have rounded edges.  How did you do that?

I had a heck of a time learning how to select the boxes to add the bevel.  I eventually figured out the boxes needed to be filled with a color in order to put a bevel on them.  I tried filling the boxes but it covered up the numbers.  I eventually made two copies of the boxes with dates.  I filled one copy with color and put the outline with dates on top so I could see both layers.  Is there an easier way?

2024-Calendar-06 June 03.jpg

• Love 5

2 hours ago, Julian Adams said:

Thank You Donna for getting me started with bevels!

I noticed yours have rounded edges.  How did you do that?

I had a heck of a time learning how to select the boxes to add the bevel.  I eventually figured out the boxes needed to be filled with a color in order to put a bevel on them.  I tried filling the boxes but it covered up the numbers.  I eventually made two copies of the boxes with dates.  I filled one copy with color and put the outline with dates on top so I could see both layers.  Is there an easier way?

2024-Calendar-06 June 03.jpg

Julian, I used the cass custom calendar script which gives you a choice of what type of box that you want. I choose a rounded square preset for the box, rasterized the vector and add a color that I chose from my calendar page. The script adds the calendar boxes and then asks you to choose a text. It then fills the boxes with your chosen text.

Whenever I watch a Masterclass or tutorial, I take note of what bevel Carole uses such as for flowers, paper etc. I then label it and save it in my bevels for future use.

Edited by Donna Sillia
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ernest Moore said:

Has anybody else noticed that December starts on Sunday not Saturday? 😁

Amazingly, you are the first.

For anyone who has not fixed that, and don't want the trouble of doing it, I have updated the download file so you can get a CORRECT month. 

26 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Nov/Dec were on Day 6 but the file still has Sat as Dec 1. Did you put it somewhere else?

I had replaced the zip file on the server. Just to make sure, I changed the name now and added b at the end of the filename.

• Thanks 2

My final three months: October - the picture and the marigolds are mine. The marigold leaves are from Creative Fabrica; November - The picture is of my beautiful hydrangea after our first snow of the season. The peonies are from Creative Fabrica; December - I made the train after our Vector Workshop. I made the Santa, elves and snowman are from Cassel with elves faces my kids. The poinsettias are from Creative Fabrica. Trees are from deeezy.com

Fonts are Samantha Upright from Creative Fabrica and Centuary Display which is an olf.

i now have all the birthstone tubes made with FilterForge and cass directional tube script(I love this script).

dscaloctober.jpg

dscalnovember.jpg

dscaldec.jpg

• Love 4