Calendar Workshop 2024

Cassel

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

I had replaced the zip file on the server. Just to make sure, I changed the name now and added b at the end of the filename.

@Cassel ok, I got it and corrected my files. Now to figure out how to get Staples to print one page for me. Luckily, it's at the end so it won't make a big difference. I may just throw it in the package and explain to the kids that it's just for December and can wait until the rest of the year is finished.

On 11/28/2023 at 4:18 AM, Michele said:

I've been using Lightshot for years. It's free, easy, and has lots of options for your screenshots. 

https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html

image.jpeg.773e664827f1825520b0d5f040b23c1a.jpeg

I think I might try this one. I used to have one I really liked (can't recall name), but then started using builit-in Windows snipping tool, but it's limited for adding embellisments. Thanks for the tip. The Mac has a much better built-in screenshot captor, but I tend not to use it b/c I can't use PSP on it.

• Like 1

I figured out how to make a template for the boxes with rounded edges from watching Carole's Discovery Center Tutorial.  After I deleted the square boxes and colored the rounded ones, I deleted the black outline of the boxes.  I wanted no black on the upper left corner.

You cant see it at this resolution but I also added an inner Bevel to the dates numerals!

2024-Calendar-07 July 03.jpg

Edited by Julian Adams
  • Love 7

12 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

My last one...finally finished October.  

10October2024.jpg

9 hours ago, Julian Adams said:

Wow!  Splendid!  

May I ask what font that is?

The font for the "month" is Handycheera.  The one I used for days of week is "a dripping marker".  Not sure exactly where I got either of them...I THINK I got Handycheera from Creative Fabrica.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Daniel Hess said:

The font for the "month" is Handycheera.  The one I used for days of week is "a dripping marker".  Not sure exactly where I got either of them...I THINK I got Handycheera from Creative Fabrica.

CF has both and Handycheera has some cool glyphs.

• Love 3

On 11/30/2023 at 3:45 AM, Daniel Hess said:

hope you don't mind stealing that font for October too!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Michele said:

Does the dafont version have the glyphs? Oftentimes the free ones don't.

I didnt know this.  I wonder if Creative Fabrica is the same.  I copy the preview to a preview folder (it's easier to choose a font) and several times already the preview shows a glyph and when I go to use it, it doesnt show it either in my font viewer OR Windows Character Map.  

Also, does anyone have Samantha Upright?  Some glyphs copy and paste fine other,(Many others, in fact MOST others) copy the selected glyph I chose, but when I paste in the project it is a whole different one and it's like 9 or ten glyphs away from the one I chose.  I've even deleted the font and got an new one.  

I'm going to start adding the ones I use to a favorites (I can do that in my viewer) and then at the end of the year I will pick a few more I like but havent used and get rid of the majority. I'm sick of spending 1/2 hour going through fonts when i can be using PSP instead.  When I first said i had 12K it's ALL the fonts.  Some fonts come with many versions (family?).  the actual amount I've downloaded is only ("only" 🤣) 4700.  So that's not so bad... right?  I'm only a "little" font-a-holicy.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I didnt know this.  I wonder if Creative Fabrica is the same.  I copy the preview to a preview folder (it's easier to choose a font) and several times already the preview shows a glyph and when I go to use it, it doesnt show it either in my font viewer OR Windows Character Map.  

Also, does anyone have Samantha Upright?  Some glyphs copy and paste fine other,(Many others, in fact MOST others) copy the selected glyph I chose, but when I paste in the project it is a whole different one and it's like 9 or ten glyphs away from the one I chose.  I've even deleted the font and got an new one.  

I'm going to start adding the ones I use to a favorites (I can do that in my viewer) and then at the end of the year I will pick a few more I like but havent used and get rid of the majority. I'm sick of spending 1/2 hour going through fonts when i can be using PSP instead.  When I first said i had 12K it's ALL the fonts.  Some fonts come with many versions (family?).  the actual amount I've downloaded is only ("only" 🤣) 4700.  So that's not so bad... right?  I'm only a "little" font-a-holicy.

I downloaded both fonts from Creative Fabrica and am using Character Map UMP. I have had no problem copying and pasting the glyphs. I love Samantha Upright and used it for my calendar fonts.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I corrected the December page and created a Back Page for my calendar. Just sent them to Staples to be printed; ready tomorrow. Here's my Back Page...

13-2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-BACK PAGE_600.jpg

I was going to print my calendar myself, but ink is so expensive. UPS printing will print a page for 69 cents so I am going to check them out.

1 hour ago, Donna Sillia said:

I downloaded both fonts from Creative Fabrica and am using Character Map UMP. I have had no problem copying and pasting the glyphs. I love Samantha Upright and used it for my calendar fonts.

I love this font too.  I just tried again and it's working.  I wonder why it wasnt when I was doing my cards.  Maybe a late April fools joke from PSP or Font Base.  So strange.  I've always maintained that computers dont like me.  This is a case in point.  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I love this font too.  I just tried again and it's working.  I wonder why it wasnt when I was doing my cards.  Maybe a late April fools joke from PSP or Font Base.  So strange.  I've always maintained that computers dont like me.  This is a case in point.  

I just downloaded Samantha Upright and discovered I have several different fonts with Samantha in their names. You may have looked at the wrong font in Character Map as I did. BTW, this is the first font where the Bonus File has a PDF showing every single glyph. I wish every font designer would do that as it's so much easier to see them in a large format. 

• Like 3