Greeting Card Workshop - 2024

Cassel

11 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Jeni Simpson That is such a lovely card. I think it is the first one I have seen in this workshop on that theme. It is a great idea to create postcards instead of greeting cards. You can use the same templates!

@kasany That is so interesting to have an out-of-bound image instead of a clipart!

@Harmony Birch That card makes me smile. I think I will contact CF to point them to this thread as so many of their graphics are showcased in these beautiful cards. For your snowman card, there is a lot of blue tint. Have you considered using a color adjustment like Grey World? It is not available by default in recent PSP versions but you can retrieve it easily. Check this article (about halfway down).

@Michele Those balloons are so simple yet make a great composition.

@Doska St. What PSP version is giving you those issues?

@Randy That is a great way to use other tools and effects.

@Corrie Kinkel I love how you used the "bee" instead of "be". It is perfectly suited to the theme.

@Sue Thomas With all those nature events, you will be quite busy! 😉

@Gerry Landreth Great text on path technique!

@Minka Glasier Such a fun and colorful card!

@Ann Seeber I bet you can stay busy all year with all those birthdays!

@carol Woudema Those milestones really deserve to be celebrated!

@Anne Lamp Did you use the card template or a different one? Strangely, it matches exactly one template from the Template workshop.

@Sharla That bunny certainly looks happy. A great card to keep for next year.

@Louyse Toupin That is a fun and colorful composition! Next, we want a picture of YOU on your scooter! 🙂

@Anja Pelzer Good to see you catch up. On your second card, may I suggest you add a little 3D effect on the ribbon? It is the only element without bevel or shadow.

@Sheila Hogg If you had not mentioned that you used a font for that edge, I would not have guessed it. Great job!

@Bonnie Borntrager You have to be careful in resizing the images to fit a template. If you change the proportions, it will squish the image. Check this article about resizing.

Tomorrow is the last template and the last tutorial of the workshop. Don't worry, the tutorials will stay available until next weekend so if you had some time issues, you will have several days to catch up.

"Did you use the card template or a different one? Strangely, it matches exactly one template from the Template workshop". I have no idea how I wound up there.  When I went back to where I downloaded the page and the templates, Yep that is what they were.  Oh well I did have fun with it and have now downloaded the correct one.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I'm more outside these days, not much at the computer, but here are some of my projects............Day 1

If I would use them as actual cards, I would use my cutting machine's print& cut function,

Font is Fiolex girls, this font I also used for the birth announcement card for my grandaughter 2 years ago.

Dag 1-600.jpg

Edited by MoniqueN.
  • Love 13

Posted (edited)

Day 4

Picture is from Creative fabrica

Font Victorian parlor

By accident the ellips was more blurred then I wanted, but it came out just fine 🙂

Dag 4-600.jpg

Edited by MoniqueN.
  • Like 1
  • Love 12

2 hours ago, Michele said:

I'm up to Day 3. The butterflies are from the August 2022 ALFLT blog train and the font is Melinda Script. 

large.CardWorkshop2024Day3600.jpg.0374b56a118355c8c7cb018b163f715c.jpg

Oh wow! Love the colours and the background fits fine with this card, on my lesson 3 card it didn't work out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

On 5/25/2024 at 3:17 PM, Doska St. said:

Hello,

I just got to card #2 today. It was a difficult birth. In the future I will always have to work with the card/templates in PSP  in forum size. The program kept freezing on me. That's why I made them almost exactly as specified. In my opinion it is well suited for a young birthday child.
The star overlay is from DS MarisaL "scifi paper 07-template", the fonts are Sweet Dream and Elegance.

large.DS-CardWorkshop-2-Forumgr.jpg.39ed1796012054a922da5d46ac890a17.jpg

I like your watermark effect for you the designer. I might nick that idea, especially for the folded cards.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

On 5/20/2024 at 7:07 PM, Dee347 said:

Here's the card I made for the workshop.  I used a image from Creative Fabrica.  Added texture to the scalloped panel and a drop shadow.  Added a ribbon and tag from Craftsuprint.com

(I make cards for the Cards For Hospitalized Kids Charity.  The kids range in age from 2 to 18 so I think this will work for the older girls.  Hopefully it will brighten their day.)

Card 1 Small.jpg

If this card would be in a shop, I would buy it 🙂

• Like 4
  • Love 3

On 5/21/2024 at 12:18 PM, Ann Seeber said:

Here is my first greeting card, a birthday card for my great granddaughter, Magic. Her 4th birthday is June 4. It appears I have 4 more birthdays coming up in June so this workshop will come in handy! The birthday coin is from Cassel.

GREETING CARD WORKSHOP-EXTRA01- MAGIC 06-04_600.jpg

We're almost a kind of family here, growing up with your Magic, first as baby now toddler, lovely girl..........and yes the card is also lovely 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Card 6. Just catching up with yesterday's template. It's a bank holiday weekend in UK so juggling hobbies and weather!

I may have a graduation card to do soon but didn't want to tempt fate by doing it too early. Instead I just made a holiday card.

The Classic Materials Palette option that Carole suggested has worked  for me and I find easier to tweak the colours than the swatches set up I had before. Thank you.

Card 6.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 6

On 5/21/2024 at 10:25 PM, Minka Glasier said:

I sew in a group in Florida for the Greater Federation of Women's Clubs/RWWC - and we are ALWAYS thankful for new members to participate.  We sew for many charities and organizations that just need help ... the Cancer Center, Pregnancy Center, whatever locals ask for help.  We have only about ten members right now but hoping for more!  We do lots of other things, too, to make money for teen scholarships and support many groups that do good things!  When I am not playing in PSP, you'll find me at a sewing machine.  LOL

Sewing Group GFWC-RWWC.jpg

Nice way to use the pictures 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 5/25/2024 at 5:48 AM, Cassel said:

@Wendy Sanders You are doing it right. Only if you want to quote someone, you can highlight the phrase or paragraph to quote. Otherwise, you can just post at the bottom of the page.

@kasany That is a cute font. When you use a decorated font, especially with bevels, go easy on the shadows so it does not detract for the details.

@Michele That is a really cute font!

@Jeni SimpsonThat is a great way to showcase those birds.

@Peggy Dyar It is interesting to see the frame halfway over/under elements.

@fiona cook Did you try both the black and white shadows or just opt for white from the start?

@Donna Sillia How did you get the 3D effect on the text for the valentine card?

@Gerry Landreth That is a smart thing to do: be prepared for both options!

@carol Woudema Did you size your project to less than 600 pixels and then size it up? It is strange how it is pixelated.

@Harmony Birch It is never too early to prepare for holiday cards!

@Sue Thomas With all those invitations, we will have a party at your place!

@Anne Lamp I think you might want to fix a typo on "May YOUR future be bright" before sending it out!

@Corrie Kinkel That is a great way to use the stacked wooden alpha.

@Julie Magerka You are totally free to change the theme for any of the cards!

@Randy It is fun to see those abstract designs find a way to embellish a regular card.

@Sheila Hogg It is fun to see the use of extra glyphs!

@Louyse Toupin Be careful resizing images. The flowers are obviously stretched. It is ok to keep them proportional, even if they don't span the whole width.

Still two days to go. This thread is a fantastic source of ideas!

Cassel, I opted for a white shadow from the start as I knew black would dull the image. My gamble!

• Like 1

This could have been the cover of an invitation or thank-you card for my niece's wedding (the mother of the 10-foot-tall teenager).

The script font is Billie Ashley, and the sans serif font is Satreva. Both are from Creative Fabrica.

Thanks to Carole for another fun and interesting workshop. 

GNL-GreetingCard-07-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 15

Day 5 - I'm running behind this week. All the images are from Creative Fabrica except for the umbrellas which I made a long time ago and which I made into watercolors using casswatercolor script. Font is called Better Spring Font from CF. The circle design was made from Day 2 stripes lesson. The umbrellas were actually made for a very good friend who had just had twin grandaughter and grandson.

dsbabytwins600.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 7