Scrapbook Bootcamp - October 2023

Cassel

On 10/19/2023 at 4:01 PM, Susan Ewart said:

You are in the right place Barbara.  With a beautiful layout!  I've done the bootcamp 5-6 times.  I would never have being able to use PSP if not for the bootcamp and the Scrapbook Campus.  So, you are right place on two accounts.  

Thank you Susan.

Friends project  600 .jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 5

Just now, Barbara Caulton said:

Thank you Susan.

Friends project  600 .jpg

Day 7 Project 3

Still confused ..  I saved the link to my bookmarks as Ann suggested and remembered this time to click it ,  but I feel as if I have posted this on Susans page! Do I start a new topic at the at the top of the boot camp page or click like I  think I just did ...on reply !!  apologies Susan if I have it wrong again. 

I have used the graduated  paper and the glitter  from Creative Fabrica,

The graphics are Mary Frans "Woofs" I think it was from the Nitwits site. 

One thing I have learnt ...If it from the whole workshop it has to be how easy layers are after doing the sandwich.

If it is one thing from today it has to be how to fill a selection from a pattern using a tile! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barbara Caulton said:

Day 7 Project 3

Still confused ..  I saved the link to my bookmarks as Ann suggested and remembered this time to click it ,  but I feel as if I have posted this on Susans page! Do I start a new topic at the at the top of the boot camp page or click like I  think I just did ...on reply !!  apologies Susan if I have it wrong again. 

The graphics are Mary Frans "Woofs" I think it was from the Nitwits site. 

One thing I have learnt ...If it from the whole workshop it has to be how easy layers are after doing the sandwich.

If it is one thing from today it has to be how to fill a selection from a pattern using a tile! 

Now I see it has posted itself on here twice !! The first one was in the gallery! Maybe the gallery automatically posts it here .??

Project 3

We love the ruby throated hummingbird, which is the only one we see here in Georgia. We put up feeders all around the house, and in with some of our flowers. They become adjusted to us, and will hover near us "checking us out." They're very curious birds. They also have incredible memories and will remember what flowers and feeders they've been to in previous years, and return again the following years.

Papers came from THD-SweetSummer-Aug23-DSSS-CC

Also ps_marisa-lerin-245722-the-good-life-june-2020

THD- BestMomEver-May23 ( flowers)

ChineseOrientGlitter Kit (glitter)

Hummingbirds-600..jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 7

Project 3

I used elements from the Best Mom Ever kit. I swapped out the papers at the last minute and forgot to make of note of the details. 

These are pictures of my mom and Amelia, who has recently been deposed as the reigning "Baby of the Family." She was always fussy until she was in her great-grandmother's arms.

Later, Amelia stayed close to her when they were together, even guiding her walker and eating cake. 

NOTE: I forgot to credit the quote. It is from that wise sage, Anonymous. Sorry for the oversight.

GNL-2023.10-BCProject03-600.jpg

Edited by Gerry Landreth
  • Like 2
  • Love 9

18 hours ago, Barbara Caulton said:

Day 7 Project 3

Here is the link to the Forum and Gallery tutorials. It should help guide you through where to post what and how to do it.
https://scrapbookcampus.com/invision/forums/forum/22-forum-and-gallery-tutorials/

• Thanks 2

Hello Carol and members,

I have a problem with the new PSP Ultimate 2023. I can't fill the photo edges with white even though I clicked everything step by step according to the Video. What mistake am I making (see screenshot) or is it due to changed working conditions in the newer version?

I also saved everything and restarted the program and tried filling again, nothing...

DS- Problem with fill edge_1023.jpg

Edited by Doska St.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Doska St. said:

Hello Carol and members,

I have a problem with the new PSP Ultimate 2023. I can't fill the photo edges with white even though I clicked everything step by step according to the Video. What mistake am I making (see screenshot) or is it due to changed working conditions in the newer version?

I also saved everything and restarted the program and tried filling again, nothing...

Once you see the marching ants of your frame, open a new layer, or not, it's up to you. By creating the frame on a new layer, it gives you more flexibility in editing the frame to your liking, such as shadowing, inner  bevel.  Select the  flood fill tool, which you have circled on the left tool bar, choose the colour you want, and flood fill inside the marching ants. 

Edited by Sue Thomas

1 hour ago, Doska St. said:

ich starte gleich mal die 2023 und schaue nach, zur Zeit bin ich immer im 2022,

ich muss aber erst meine Einkäufe verräumen

Hallo Doro ich habe auf dem Screen gesehen , dass der Zauberstab nicht richtig eingestellt ist

dort muss Hinzufügen -- Deckfähigkeit -- und Toleranz - auf 0 

Es kann aber auch sein das der Farbeimer nicht richtig eingestellt, man kann es kaum lesen , bei mir steht er auf Ohne - statt RGB 

leider kann ich nicht sehen was bei Mischmodus steht , dort sollte Normal stehen und Deckfähigkeit 100large.sreen-fr-Doro.jpg.e0ba88e43f2b357e5540d38f8351b9fe.jpg

ich hoffe es klappt nun 

Edited by Anja Pelzer

47 minutes ago, Doska St. said:

Hello Carol and members,

Doska: First of all, many times I miss the correct area to flood fill so I've learned to enlarge my image to see better. Also, you could Promote the selection (Control+Shift+P) and it will be on its own layer. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Doska St. said:

This is a common issue. Check that the Fill mode is set to None. I forgot to include that detail in the video because I keep it at None by default, and neglected to specify it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Once you see the marching ants of your frame, open a new layer, or not, it's up to you. By creating the frame on a new layer, it gives you more flexibility in editing the frame to your liking, such as shadowing, inner  bevel.  Select the  flood fill tool, which you have circled on the left tool bar, choose the colour you want, and flood fill inside the marching ants. 

Thank you dear ones💗, with the additional grid layer for the edge of the photo, the filling worked, great.🤗I hope that I can now finish the scrap without any further problems. Thank you again for your quick help.👌

@ Anja: Du kannst in Ruhe deine Einkäufe einräumen, danke für den guten Willen🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anja Pelzer said:

ich starte gleich mal die 2023 und schaue nach, zur Zeit bin ich immer im 2022,

ich muss aber erst meine Einkäufe verräumen

Hallo Doro ich habe auf dem Screen gesehen , dass der Zauberstab nicht richtig eingestellt ist

dort muss Hinzufügen -- Deckfähigkeit -- und Toleranz - auf 0 

Es kann aber auch sein das der Farbeimer nicht richtig eingestellt, man kann es kaum lesen , bei mir steht er auf Ohne - statt RGB 

leider kann ich nicht sehen was bei Mischmodus steht , dort sollte Normal stehen und Deckfähigkeit 100large.sreen-fr-Doro.jpg.e0ba88e43f2b357e5540d38f8351b9fe.jpg

ich hoffe es klappt nun 

Sorry Anja,

ich sehe  beim erneuten Hochladen des Scraps  diesen Voreinstellungsbalken bei mir nicht mehr für den Zauberstab und den Fülleimer. Vielleicht habe ich was verstellt und muß unter "Ansicht" nochmal etwas anklicken?

Edit: Ich habe meinen Fehler entdeckt, ich habe unter Ansicht>Paletten> Werkzeugoptionen( F4) keinen Haken mehr gehabt. Und in dem Voreinstellungsbalken ist ganz rechts ein kleiner Pfeil, auf den muß man klicken, dann werden die Einstellungsoptionen sichtbar. Manomann, jetzt bin ich aber geschafft. War ein stressiger Tag mit schlimmen Nachrichten. Ich mach morgen weiter🤪 Gute Nacht ( in Deutschland)

Edited by Doska St.
  • Like 1

Project 4

I have more flower beds than I can keep up with, but the flowers I plant are for the purpose of attracting and feeding butterflies, bees and hummingbirds--and most of them have to be perennials. : ) The 3 butterflies shown here (top: yellow eastern tiger swallowtail, bottom right: American painted lady, bottom left: common buckeye) are only a part of what we have fluttering around our yard, but I thought more than 3 photos would be too much. I did not include the narrow "ribbon" as I thought there was enough color already.

Papers: ps_jessica-dunn_363770-vintage-blooms-solid-paper-04_pu (sky blue)

ps_marissa-lerin_367656_a-touch-of-delight-solid-paper-07_pu (dark blue)

ps_jessica-dunn_240239_around-the-world-plaid-paper-05_pu (plaid)

ps_,arosa-lerin_367836_a-touch-of-delight-sta,[-flower-4 (flower stamps)

Butterflies-600.jpg

Edited by Melanie Mitchell
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, Melanie Mitchell said:

Project 4

I have more flower beds than I can keep up with, but the flowers I plant are for the purpose of attracting and feeding butterflies, bees and hummingbirds--and most of them have to be perennials. : ) The 3 butterflies shown here (top: yellow eastern tiger swallowtail, bottom right: American painted lady, bottom left: common buckeye) are only a part of what we have fluttering around our yard, but I thought more than 3 photos would be too much. I did not include the narrow "ribbon" as I thought there was enough color already.

Papers: ps_jessica-dunn_363770-vintage-blooms-solid-paper-04_pu (sky blue)

ps_marissa-lerin_367656_a-touch-of-delight-solid-paper-07_pu (dark blue)

ps_jessica-dunn_240239_around-the-world-plaid-paper-05_pu (plaid)

ps_,arosa-lerin_367836_a-touch-of-delight-sta,[-flower-4 (flower stamps)

Butterflies-600.jpg

The orange edge looks good. You have a terrific job done. Even though I'm a layman.

I found this kit on Gingersnaps and couldn't resist using it with a Halloween theme for the Bootcamp. Meet the Creepy Family that's coming for Halloween! Everything on the layout came from that one kit, called ID-Face in the Photograph. The kit has 11 folders filled with embellishments and 3 of papers but none of the extras like alphas or journal cards. The papers are a little odd as they are divided into texture, outdoor and indoor shots. There is very little color in this kit. The font for the title is Before the Rainbow enhanced by the Ripple Distortion Effect. 

2023 BOOTCAMP DAY 9 LESSON 4-CREEPY FAMILY FOR HALLOWEEN_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 2

Sorry for the delay. I should have posted these sooner, but I hope that it is better late than never!

@Carolyn Rye It looks like you are getting more comfortable with PSP. You resized the images correctly as they are not distorted. Good work. May I suggest that you reduce the shadow offset a  bit more so the elements will have a more realistic thickness (and look like they are nicely laid on the paper)?

@Jannette Nieuwboer That is a cool font. Did you know about the alpha made of icing? You can get it HERE.

@Doska St.When you applied the white, did you happen to have a texture included that you didn't expect? Or maybe it was a patterned white, instead of a solid white? To make the tag more transparent, you can lower the opacity, as long as your text is on a separate layer, the text will still show well. Did you get the Fill issue resolved in the end?

@Emerald Jay Yes, those rulers and guides can be very useful. When you crop an image, it is typically on its own, so that is why you don't keep the handles to resize since the Crop is not meant to resize. What you can do, however, is to make a selection, invert the selection, and delete that new selection. That would "crop" a photo onto your project, and then, using the Pick tool, you would get those handles if you want/need to resize the photo. Your grandpa layout is great while you used that technique of changing the colors of the letters individually. This will open up a whole lot of options in the future!

@Barbara Caulton I don't know if it is intentional or not, but the "glitter" tile placed at an angle gives a very interesting effect! You are definitely getting more comfortable. When you replied, you happened to quote Susan. But it is ok. It still displays your project. Continue by simply scrolling to the bottom to post your replies. And no, the gallery does not automatically post in the forum (sometimes, I wish).

@Melanie Mitchell You get beautiful shots of those birds, and you are resizing/cropping them well too. A nice way to showcase them! For your project 4, may I suggest that you remove the shadows on the black drawings in the back? It feels like they are nicely drawn, and ink would not have any thickness, so it would not have a shadow. 

@Ann Seeber That is definitely a more advanced rendition of that project, but I think it is great to see how the same starting tutorial can really take on different directions based on the supplies used.

@Bonnie Ballentine Those faces! You definitely have quite a nice circle of friends!!

@Gerry Landreth Awwww... what else can I say???

@Anja Pelzer Those blue flowers are wonderful! Blue is a color that is not commonly found in that tone. We often see more purple shades of blue but this bright color is amazing.

You will have another project tomorrow, and then, the rest of the week will be to catch up. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Sorry for the delay. I should have posted these sooner, but I hope that it is better late than never!

@Carolyn Rye It looks like you are getting more comfortable with PSP. You resized the images correctly as they are not distorted. Good work. May I suggest that you reduce the shadow offset a  bit more so the elements will have a more realistic thickness (and look like they are nicely laid on the paper)?

@Jannette Nieuwboer That is a cool font. Did you know about the alpha made of icing? You can get it HERE.

@Doska St.When you applied the white, did you happen to have a texture included that you didn't expect? Or maybe it was a patterned white, instead of a solid white? To make the tag more transparent, you can lower the opacity, as long as your text is on a separate layer, the text will still show well. Did you get the Fill issue resolved in the end?

@Emerald Jay Yes, those rulers and guides can be very useful. When you crop an image, it is typically on its own, so that is why you don't keep the handles to resize since the Crop is not meant to resize. What you can do, however, is to make a selection, invert the selection, and delete that new selection. That would "crop" a photo onto your project, and then, using the Pick tool, you would get those handles if you want/need to resize the photo. Your grandpa layout is great while you used that technique of changing the colors of the letters individually. This will open up a whole lot of options in the future!

@Barbara Caulton I don't know if it is intentional or not, but the "glitter" tile placed at an angle gives a very interesting effect! You are definitely getting more comfortable. When you replied, you happened to quote Susan. But it is ok. It still displays your project. Continue by simply scrolling to the bottom to post your replies. And no, the gallery does not automatically post in the forum (sometimes, I wish).

@Melanie Mitchell You get beautiful shots of those birds, and you are resizing/cropping them well too. A nice way to showcase them! For your project 4, may I suggest that you remove the shadows on the black drawings in the back? It feels like they are nicely drawn, and ink would not have any thickness, so it would not have a shadow. 

@Ann Seeber That is definitely a more advanced rendition of that project, but I think it is great to see how the same starting tutorial can really take on different directions based on the supplies used.

@Bonnie Ballentine Those faces! You definitely have quite a nice circle of friends!!

@Gerry Landreth Awwww... what else can I say???

@Anja Pelzer Those blue flowers are wonderful! Blue is a color that is not commonly found in that tone. We often see more purple shades of blue but this bright color is amazing.

You will have another project tomorrow, and then, the rest of the week will be to catch up. 

Carole, I quite agree about the shadow on the flower stamp. When working on it, I kept lowering the number on the shadow, and it still didn't look right. I'll go back and take it off completely. Thank you!

• Like 1