Scrapbook Bootcamp - October 2023

Cassel

48 minutes ago, Angelo Cacciari said:

Ciao Doska,

ti ringrazio per i complimenti , ma devo imparare parecchie cose PSP è veramente complesso sto imparando tante cose che non sapevo.

sono contento di seguire queste lezioni altamente istruttive.

Ciao Angelo,

È meraviglioso imparare cose nuove e belle per esprimere te stesso, non importa quanti anni hai. Fa bene alle cellule grigie ?
Non importa se potrebbe volerci un po' più tempo rispetto a quando eri più giovane.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angelo Cacciari said:

Il nome l'ha scelto Sabina la mia compagna, io la chiamo Nika ma sarebbe Nike "vittoria"

my 3-year-old granddaughter is also called Nika. Anche mia nipote di 3 anni si chiama Nika. I did this in Google Translate because I don't speak Italian.  L'ho fatto in Google Translate perché non parlo italiano.

One of the prettiest birds that graced our yard this summer was the indigo bunting. I was lucky to be out with my camera (okay, I confess, I spent a lot of days out with my camera) when this boy came into my yard. I was hoping to catch him on his migration journey to winter somewhere south between Georgia and northern South America, but so far no sighting.

Indigo Bunting project 2-600..jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 5

@Angelo Cacciari You are in good hands in the Campus. We are all here to help and there is so much to learn! In order to keep track of your projects (for the random draw), is it possible to stay a little closer to the original tutorials? I don't want to stop your creativity, but each tutorial covers some specific tools, commands, and effects that you might need later on. For example, on the Day 5 project, you can use some layered pieces of papers cut with the Selection tool and some shadowing.

@Jannette Nieuwboer It is interesting that you have extracted that plate instead of having a rectangular photo. That is a nice touch.

@Emerald Jay Nice page. May I suggest you size down those staples? They seem a little heavy in comparison with the ribbon for example.

@Melanie Mitchell That is a great capture! You might want to add some shadows on your photo and pieces of papers to give some 3D effect to your page, which would go very well with the textured paper background.

Keep them coming!! You have another day before the next project so you should have time to catch up.

On 10/18/2023 at 9:15 PM, Anja Pelzer said:

my image is linked to gallery , there is the kit info

I used a kit named Lily Pond made by Lynn Anselc, all in the layout is from the kit. 

Thank your the information.  I love that kit and found it at oscraps.com.  What a great website.  I did put it on my wishlist hoping it comes on sale since it's in pounds (1 pound is $1.60 CAD).  it's adds up once you get over 5 pounds.

• Love 1

DAY 5-PROJECT 2-ADVENTURE PARK- I asked Ru Choi if I could use his chipmunk photo from the Hudson Valley in Pictures Gallery on Facebook. I dimmed the hand a bit and sharpened the chipmunk. My title font is Aviation Cocktail with inner bevel and shadow while the info on the right uses the font High Tower Text. The background paper and the birds I found in my stash without labels. The flower is by Marisa Lerin in a kit called Delight.

CHIP NEEDS A NEW SUIT_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Angelo Cacciari said:

I tried to make another one but it doesn't work well. I don't know how to use the forum help.

CarnevaleCastenaso2016.jpg

Angelo, you can ask your questions here in this Bootcamp forum, if you need help with the lessons in The Bootcamp.  Carole or another member will see them and will be able to help you.  Elsewhere in the campus you will see other forums with other topics.  I had neve been on a forum either, before I started with PSP.  It will take a little time and you will understand how to post in various forums based on the topics of such forums.  For now, you are in the bootcamp, so any questions about that can be posted here.  Hope this helps

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

DAY 5-PROJECT 2-ADVENTURE PARK- I asked Ru Choi if I could use his chipmunk photo from the Hudson Valley in Pictures Gallery on Facebook. I dimmed the hand a bit and sharpened the chipmunk. My title font is Aviation Cocktail with inner bevel and shadow while the info on the right uses the font High Tower Text. The background paper and the birds I found in my stash without labels. The flower is by Marisa Lerin in a kit called Delight.

CHIP NEEDS A NEW SUIT_600.jpg

Ann, what a delightful photo.  I love your title and bottom "With Pockets!" .  Hilarious.  I should have joined the bootcamp.  Thought I'd have too much on my plate though (other than my sandwich and tea that is?).

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Ann, what a delightful photo.  I love your title and bottom "With Pockets!" .  Hilarious.  I should have joined the bootcamp.  Thought I'd have too much on my plate though (other than my sandwich and tea that is?).

Thank you, Susan. Actually Ru Choi used that title for the photo. Bootcamp proceeds at a slower pace than most with "skip days" in between new assignments. That gives me a welcome break at least twice a year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Angelo Cacciari said:

Ho provato a farne un altro ma non mi riesce bene. Non so usare il forum aiuto.

CarnevaleCastenaso2016.jpg

Angelo, to make a background like was suggested in tutorial 5 can also be made of 2 colors from your photo. I did that with my lunch photo. The color red came out of the jam and the beige came out the bread. Angelo, per creare uno sfondo come suggerito nel tutorial 5 puoi anche creare 2 colori dalla tua foto. L'ho fatto con la mia foto del pranzo. Dalla marmellata è uscito il colore rosso e dal pane è uscito il beige.

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Thank your the information.  I love that kit and found it at oscraps.com.  What a great website.  I did put it on my wishlist hoping it comes on sale since it's in pounds (1 pound is $1.60 CAD).  it's adds up once you get over 5 pounds.

sometimes I spent some money for lovely kits, but they must be on sale,  good luck Susan

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Anja Pelzer said:

here are storks in our little zoo in Aachen

fonts are Daisy and DomBoldBT, I made a cutout from one photo and used the second in my LO

kit is Let Life Bloom by Fayette Design

large.fayette_llbloom_DomBoldBT-Daisy-anja1.jpg.5c76aca919d78148afafd11c21ab3dec.jpg

Anja - That shadow on the left stork looks so realistic. Never thought of doing it like that. Thanks for the inspiration!

• Like 1
  • Love 2