What are you working on in October (2023)?

Cassel

46 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

quote, I changed the  font for the main text Heading. As I didn't like the font used for the font challenge.  Although it isn't  Halloween themed, it is  a very seasonal, appropriate page, for this time of year. 

We must make choices in this hobby as well as in our daily lives. Subject, A theme, Colors, Arrangement. My first choice is always the subject, the most difficult one. Sometimes I use at the same time two windows beside each other and make them different.  In all these years I collected thousands and thousands of scrapkits and single pngs. I've all the mushrooms in one file. Leaves in another etc. etc. And on top I've made color files. Then I open the organizer and make a choice. That's my way of working. 

We all have different approaches to starting a page, and seeing it  through to its fruition.  You and I couldn't be more different in our approach, from start to finish.  I always start with  a photo or photos, from there the photos determine the colours, and layout of the page.  I have very few resources.  Probably a dozen kits.  I do have  a nice small selection of elements.  Also a small collection of fonts that I favour, and use repeatedly in  projects. I like to create my own elements,  and papers.  So in a nutshell, my way of working is to select photos, and see where they lead  my creativity.  My aim is always to focus on showcasing the photos, with a minimalistic, and relevantly plain no fuss papers.  That doesn't mean I don't like busy scrapbook pages,  on the contrary,  I do. It's just not in my nature or my style to  create pages like that.  You must  sometimes have a heck of time deciding what kit etc  to use. Only joking! I never started out a scrapbooker, which may  have something to do with my style, and approach to showcasing   photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

Well Susan!  You saw what I was trying to achieve. Movement! I watch the leaves on the  trees and on the ground, as  the wind blows them in all directions, until they  settle in their final resting places.  Like myself,  you do more than merely look  at a page, you  interpret what it's  trying to  saying. 

Thank you for that Sue.  It was pretty easy to imagine it that way.  I love leaves too, especially this time of year.  The color in the dried ones are so nice.  And I have an indoor cat who makes it her mission to try and capture them as they fly by the window outside, so in turn, I spend a lot of time watching the leaves she is trying to chase down.  We also have big trees on our street and in the fall it's raining leaves, really spectacular to watch.   I have a co-worker that I walk into work with and we are constantly stopping to look at leaves or various natural things, we are delighted when we see a little whirlwind with circling leaves in it.  The other day the wind was making the leaves tumble across the pavement and the leaves make the mose interesting sound.  although I did say it sounded like giant alien insect feet scampering about (at least that's what Hollywood wants me to "think" is giant insect feet scampering about). Nature is awesome.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

We all have different approaches to starting a page, and seeing it  through to its fruition.  You and I couldn't be more different in our approach, from start to finish.  I always start with  a photo or photos, from there the photos determine the colours, and layout of the page.  I have very few resources.  Probably a dozen kits.  I do have  a nice small selection of elements.  Also a small collection of fonts that I favour, and use repeatedly in  projects. I like to create my own elements,  and papers.  So in a nutshell, my way of working is to select photos, and see where they lead  my creativity.  My aim is always to focus on showcasing the photos, with a minimalistic, and relevantly plain no fuss papers.  That doesn't mean I don't like busy scrapbook pages,  on the contrary,  I do. It's just not in my nature or my style to  create pages like that.  You must  sometimes have a heck of time deciding what kit etc  to use. Only joking! I never started out a scrapbooker, which may  have something to do with my style, and approach to showcasing   photos.

That is the nice thing about this platform. We are all so different from each other. We seem like a good-sounding orchestra together. :classic_love:

• Like 5

I have been working on this collage for my grandson. He sent me the pictures that he wanted to include. I made the hearts and the arrows and used a lot of techniques learned in the Travel and Magazine workshops. The background was made using the plug in gmic. The original size is the poster size 24 by 36 and will be on canvas from Easy Canvas.

dsMatthew.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, Donna Sillia said:

I have been working on this collage for my grandson. He sent me the pictures that he wanted to include. I made the hearts and the arrows and used a lot of techniques learned in the Travel and Magazine workshops. The background was made using the plug in gmic. The original size is the poster size 24 by 36 and will be on canvas from Easy Canvas.

dsMatthew.jpg

What a great layout!  I love those arrows and little stars. I like that all the frames are different.  the Christmas one is so cute.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

dsMatthew.jpg

Donna this will make a lovely poster and a wonderful memory for your grandson. Quite something else than a usual picture frame for a couple of photos that you can buy, this is unique!

• Thanks 1

Matthew is giving it to Lane for her birthday. He will also be having it framed. The site had frames, but we thought it would be better if he could go to someplace like Michael's and pick out his own frame. 

I made the arrows and the applied a blend mode. I think the glitters are from deeezy.

dsarrows.jpg

• Love 6

I started playing with Vision FX. Uses some memory, but gave nice results. One minor thing is, when you choose one out of five, that's the only one you can Save. It is save and close. 

See screendump.

Because you have to close the plugin, I tried it again with same image and prompt, but got other results than the first try. Typical AI programming    !!!

An dthere is no manual available, but we have the corel forum and there you can find a some explanations about the use of the sliders.

VisonFX 2023-10-10 133251.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

@Chris Schults Thanks for the uptick.  It looked intriging but I can't afford the piggy property as my PC is getting full and can't afford a new one just yet.

I took a pass too.  But now I see what it does, it's cool.  Still, it's at the bottom of the list for now.  I will be excited to see what people make from it though.  

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Lynda DiGregor said:

In the spirit of Halloween, to make this goofy creation, I used Carole's "Freaky Filters" masterclass as well as her ghost tubes, with some CF Spark png creations. "I'll get you my pretty"

Halloween 3-sm.jpg

Nice to see you back Lynda.   Hope this isn't a self portrait. ?.  How's the new house?

• Haha 3

On 10/11/2023 at 12:13 PM, Chris Schults said:

I started playing with Vision FX. Uses some memory, but gave nice results. One minor thing is, when you choose one out of five, that's the only one you can Save. It is save and close. 

See screendump.

Because you have to close the plugin, I tried it again with same image and prompt, but got other results than the first try. Typical AI programming    !!!

An dthere is no manual available, but we have the corel forum and there you can find a some explanations about the use of the sliders.

VisonFX 2023-10-10 133251.jpg

I like what this plug-in does based on what you showed here. But at the moment I'll have to pass. I'm doing the scripting course which takes much of my time and when I should buy it I need time to play with it. Maybe later and in the mean time I like to see what you make of it.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Lynda DiGregor said:

Thanks Susan...and no, she's much better looking!  ? While the  house is ready to move into, ComEd is not co-operating as they still haven't hooked up the houses in our cul-de-sac. City won't allow closings until the electricity is in and working. Not happy!  ?

Oh, that's awful.  Nothing worse that waiting for someone to do their job.  

I still have 2 native Aster plants with some flowers on.  The little skipper turned up on the 10th  October.  I was pleasantly  surprised to see, and be able to photograph  it.  Last night I worked on finishing off creating rectangle, and  square frames using  Carole's frame punches. Now I have all the punches  framed, ready for use.  I used one them in this page, also  used the wood token 2  tutorial to date the page. 

butterfly.jpg

• Love 9

Now that the fairytale months have arrived, I can't stay behind. NO Halloween here. Nevertheless, I am in a fairytale mood. The scrap kit is from Adrienne's design AI. To be able to place the stairs against the mushroom I had to make the base of the mushroom a little wider with the warp tool. I just installed some windows in it too. It came from a castle. The grass just comes out of our picture brush.

paddo bl 600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 6

On 10/10/2023 at 2:54 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

Donna this will make a lovely poster and a wonderful memory for your grandson. Quite something else than a usual picture frame for a couple of photos that you can buy, this is unique!

Unfortunately, the canvas was broken when it arrived. Customer Service so far has been responsive, and I am sending them pictures so that it can be reprinted. 

• WOW 1
  • Sad 3

Can anyone remember the  short tutorial Carole did on creating a cut out, similar to what I did in this page.  I'm unable to find it, I think it may have been a zoon tutorial.  It isn't in the shadow box masterclass.  I've done a few of them, using 2 different techniques.  I would like to refresh my memory on how Carole did it.  Please send me a link, if you know where it is. 

Easter egg cut out Nuttall's.jpg

• Love 2

13 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Can anyone remember the  short tutorial Carole did on creating a cut out, similar to what I did in this page.  I'm unable to find it, I think it may have been a zoon tutorial.  It isn't in the shadow box masterclass.  I've done a few of them, using 2 different techniques.  I would like to refresh my memory on how Carole did it.  Please send me a link, if you know where it is. 

Maybe it was a demonstration during a Q&A?