What are you working on in October (2023)?

Cassel

On 10/13/2023 at 3:53 PM, Sue Thomas said:

I'm pleased you have found it.  For anyone else wanting to  know how to create the effect, scroll through to 38 minutes and 30 seconds.  Carole demonstrates the technique after creating a shadow box.    What threw me was that I was looking at  the  list of contents of the Q&As.  As the shadow box wasn't  mentioned.  So I scrolled through the months where I thought it would be, and found  what I was looking for. 

Actually Jannette I use  2 slightly different techniques, with the same result.  I use vectors, as  the edges are ever so much  sharper and cleaner. I create each layer, with the colours I'm going to use. ( from vector shape) Creating  the shadows after each layer. 

Where is this List of contents of the Q&As?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Cross-posting this from the 1-2-3 Challenge which asked for 1 sequin, 2 Polaroid and 3 paperclips. My details are on the 1-2-3 Challenge page and also on Facebook. Introducing my great grandson Jonah James born June 20th.

JONAH JAMES PAOLUCCI-GREAT GRAND #4_600.jpg

Beautiful layout Ann.  the colors are perfect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

For each  Q&A call, Carole lists the content of each  Q&A.  I copy and paste each months content into a word document.  for easy access.  

Screenshot 2023-10-14 165921.jpg

I should have asked about  how the q&A works before I went to my first one. I did not know we were allowed to save them for help later on. Do you download them or what?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dorothy Donn said:

I should have asked about  how the q&A works before I went to my first one. I did not know we were allowed to save them for help later on. Do you download them or what?

Yes, they are downloadable for Diamond members. or as a diamond member you can view the videos within the campus at any time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Is there a reason for cross-posting pages?  Or am I missing something!  Personally, I like to stick to posting  in the relevant categories within the forum.

I think it just went off-topic as an answer/comment to something else. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Autumn is here.  The picture was taken by my granddaughter Victoria in Harper Valley, WV.  I'm still having fun.  Not sure what I will do for Winter.

Trial Autumn is here.jpg

They are all beautiful, but I have to say this one is my favourite.  It's as Susan said, it's like stepping through a portal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I found 3 of these wasps in the stable this morning.  So I decided to see what I could find in the leaf litter out amongst the trees.  Low and behold, by gently disturbing the  leaves I discovered 9 more of these wasps.   Gorgeous  insects. These are paper wasps a subfamily of the Vespid family.  You will often find their combs suspended beneath the eves of  houses  and other building.    They are extremely efficient predators.  I  do handle them, and they have never tried to harm me    I created a mask for the photo, used another one of Carole's  frame punches.  Negative  tutorial, for the heading. ( I didn't need to refer to the tutorial, as I use it fairly often as I like the effect) Simple notepaper for the  text.  One of Carole's latest  punches under the word notes.

Ecosystem leaf litter.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Love 8

8 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Wow! Amazing layouts! Great work, Everyone! I need more time! Template, XOXO, by KCW (Kimi's Creative World). Font is Apple Butter...from DAFont, I think.

2023 10 3 Tuxie kcw_XOXO_temp (2022_01_05 20_11_39 UTC) 600.jpg

Bonnie and what about those who are allergic to cats, they are doomed to remain unhappy??? I am allergic to all hairy animals. ? But I like your sweety pie. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1