Greeting Card Workshop - 2022

Cassel

I am learning SOOOO much about how to use PSP.  I've literally owned copies of this program since the 90s back when JASC still owned it (I think my first version was 3) but never really explored this part of the program.  Thanks so much for making this understandable.  I just don't know that I'll ever be able to keep track of all the layers.  Does it come with experience or are there tips to keeping them all straight?

Christine, you did a great job for a rookie, but it does take a long time, doesn't it?  I'm not even a rookie and I bet I spent 5 hours on this stupid thing!

Lesley, same here!  I can't even see, so when I add a new layer, I actually do not use the default "Raster 1" or whatever, I use something like "Border"or the exact text, e.g. on my card "Get Well Soon".  That helps a little bit. Not a lot but a little!  Carole is a fan of "groups", so pay attention to those. She might have 5 or 6 layers in a group, so that shortens the long list by a lot.

I really want that font, Holiday Melodine?, but it's a little too expensive. I didn't see the bundle!

Bonnie  gave me this idea, thank you! -- for everybody at the Daffodil Society meeting to sign!

Ok. I pretty much have no idea how to get it in the forum from the gallery, so here goes!Get Well Soon Card 3

Suzy (#86584), when seeing your card, I immediately thought of those keylines! I am sure you will use that technique again! If you want to make it a quarter-fold card, you might have to crop it to fit your printer. (#86722) Maybe I got that font in a free bundle at one point or another. Keep an eye on Creative Fabrica, and you might see it in a future bundle.

Bill (#86586), to color the ribbon, there are two typical ways: Colorize and Hue/Saturation/Lightness. You can read more about it in this article (even if it illustrates lace, the same techniques apply for other elements).

Sharla (#86607), that design behind the little images give such a great effect. I see you also duplicated the ribbon to put the text in two lines. Creative and effective.

Chris (#86618), I am sure I have seen and commented on those cards. Maybe they were in previous "pages" of the thread? Using a photo on the left side is very creative and gives a great result. (#86631) That texture can give a great effect for backgrounds of any color. Maybe you could colorize the grey boxes so they match the rest of the card? Maybe a peach color? (#86633) That is a fun card. Are we invited?

Jnet (#86574), that is a very creative way to use the template. You can get many different cards using such modifications.

Ann (#86630), so simple but very elegant!

Kasany (#86643), that is such a good idea to use the squares for window panes. I never thought of that!

Ann (#86645), although you can use the same card over and over again, I am sure you can easily tweak it for individual recipients.

Susan (#86646), I could certainly imagine most of these cards in a greeting cards display at the store!

Marie-Claire (#86653), such a beautiful traditional card!

Trish (#86665), that slight overlap of the leaves over the frame and the small squares create such a great effect. (#86715) those silhouettes are such a great idea! I might suggest you move the streamer in front of the squares and the frame? (#86721) Those peeking characters are so cute!

Leslie (#86667), that is a fantastic card. Do you plan on printing it? (#86680) Nice way to use alternating colors!

Sheila (#86670), you will surely have other occasions to use that technique. If something is unclear or not working as you expect, don't hesitate to ask.

Lynda (#86672) did you paint those images? Watercolors are great on greeting cards.

Bonnie (#86675), hopefully, you don't have to many sick or injured friends to use this card!

Anita (#86676), yummy!! Those sprinkles add some interesting details. Maybe you can add a little shadow on them?

Mary (#86682), wow!!! What a different way to use that template. Those diamonds look great!!

Corrie (#86698), that is a very interesting font! Glad to see you use those angels!

Nancy (#86705), yes it might be simple but it is very elegant!

Gerry (#86709), I love that font. I have it installed and love using it too.

Sue (#86710), those subtle colors are still very seasonal without being overpowering.

Louyse (#86712), since the papers and elements have obvious shadows, maybe you could consider adding some for your little squares too?

Christine (#86717), where did you get that great image? Perfect for the season!

Lesley (#86719), what version of PSP are you using? Since many versions, there is a thumbnail for each layer so that can help. And you can customize the size of that thumbnail if it could help.

James (#86726), these lessons are just like learning a recipe. It is ok to follow it to the letter so you can tweak it later, but also ok to be creative.

Lois (#86729), those gnomes are so cute!!! Good idea to use the back to add more design!

It is such a pleasure to see all the creativity you are showing and how you tweak and change the starting template and end up with something totally new!

1i4imbgdw51qsnk4m5wbu2xewf360qvb.jpg

I had trouble with the borders around the flowers. I could create them okay but the FloodFill tool would not work. So I ended up just keeping the borders and doing away with the background for them. It still looks nice to me. I included text on the back page. It would need to be inverted to show properly when the card is folded.

Once again, there is a lot to learn from this class!

My font is "Aloha Summer" and the flowers are all from Creative Fabrica.

Card #3 - A birthday card for my daughters' stepbrother. Jim is an electrician and will be 59 tomorrow.

The font is Bungee, and I used the Snowy Mountain gradient for the background, treated with a Weave texture. I found the electrician symbols at Nicepng. Just using it as a digital card so I didn't make the back.

Happy Birthday, Jimbo