Greeting Card Workshop - 2022

Cassel

Woww some nice additions were made during my two day absence!

Carole, thanks for the template and the note about my work. I kept the same size as the other cards to make this card. I was able to get my Wi-Fi yesterday when I arrived. I am very happy because I am almost finished at the same time as many others.

I didn't notice but I think I remember that it was Shirly who had shingles, my heart goes out to you knowing how painful it is!

https://scrapbookcampus.com/gallery/uploads/monthly_2022_11/large.Carte5.jpg.643c673b5a48bfb6472c43374685b460.jpg

Day 7. I made a card (front and back) for a Christmas invitation, but with other colors and flowers it could be for any other occasion. I used the tamplate and the lace changed to white. Creative Fabrica had very nice papers with blue christmas ornaments as a freebie. On the back is my special christmas logo which I did 2 years ago. On my own cards there is always my logo. The font is The Mainsthen. On the inside come the details of the eventand I don't know yet if I will make an insert or print directly on the card, that depends on the paper I'll use. The envelop I probably will do tomorrow because there is something on the telly I want to watch and afterwards it's bedtime for me.

Carole I loved this workshop and the templates will be used for many cards to come which will have another theme and probably my flowerphotos. Thank you so much for all of this and all the work you are putting in. I'll look forward to the blackfriday sale and the christmas countdown!!!

qbvjaiidr1l4x1cj8uhmya170iy5ovbm.jpg

Don't love this one, either, but if I take out the daffodil, added "thank you", or "Get Well Soon", I could make it into a Quick Page card.

Monique, that’s a lovely sentiment and a great photo to go with it! Just brilliant!

…..and Corrie, that’s a wonderful idea. I already have my Christmas cards for this year, but that doesn’t mean I might not have something coming up requiring an invitation! In any case it’s beautiful.

I had an old friend, now deceased, who sent out Groundhog Day cards EVERY SINGLE YEAR! For decades! She said she wasn’t keeping up with people’s sex lives or their religious affiliations, and figured Ground Hog Day was as non-denominational and non-invasive as anything . LOL!  (I always thought she missed the boat because thanksgiving is a much more card-worthy event and gratitude and thanks are also non-invasive and non-denominational.)

srqrifnd064jwrpca68811fcjmt2nsxh.jpg

A simple card this time. Font is Sylfaen, the photo I had in my stash. I won't use the envelope part of this workshop, because I have a scoreboard which helps you to make an envelope, but it's nice to have a lesson how to make one when needed.

Loved this workshop, nice to re-discover some of the techniques :)

Anne, hahaha, love your card about the snow.  Our "dusting" was only 4" about 3 weeks ago, the worst is knowing it will be there until May!

Corrie, absolutely beautiful card 7.  Great idea to angle the Text, it looks great that way.

I used the font and supplies given.  Wow that envelope is COOL!  I measured badly with the selections and the magic wand sure picked up on it.  I will work on it again.  I never get the selection started quite where I want it.  The photo is mine.

Carole, this was a fantastic workshop.  so many variations taught with tecniques I will use over and over.  And I will use the templates over and over too.  Thank you for the time and effort you put into these workshops.  They always far exceed my expectations.

large.CardWorkshop-Card7-600.jpg.66a7a08

I got a little behind. Too many hockey games and chasing around the last few days. So I dived right into Day 6 and loved it. Now I have a few ways to make foldable cards. The wonders of PSP and of Carole's teaching!

Now if I could get my guides to behave so I can more closely have things centered in the quarters.Greeting Card 6

Ann, I love it!  And yes, when I get home, especially if it's late (I used to work until 1:30 or 2:30 am) I still hear the machines running (press/tie-line and the inserting machine).  Our press is just over 10 years old now, as is the inserting machine (alphaliner) that I mostly work on these days. Both by Mueller Martini (spelling?), a name you probably recognize.  I wasnt there when it was put in, but I heard stories that the German guys that came to install it made sure the fridges were fully stocked with beer!  You did some really interesting jobs at the paper; I'm just in the warehouse...I'm strong...not smart. ?

<span style="vertical-align: inherit;"><span style="vertical-align: inherit;">Joli modèle Carole. </span><span style="vertical-align: inherit;">J'y ai apporté quelques modifications. </span><span style="vertical-align: inherit;">J'ai aimé faire cette carte pleine page.</span></span>

https://scrapbookcampus.com/gallery/uploads/monthly_2022_11/large.Carte6_pte.jpg.b4d5c047d89dd891dee8927183d48c58.jpg

Here is my version of an envelope ,   I must admit I would need to be hard up, to make one of these again, the layers kept floating , I had trouble cutting it to shape, perhaps there is a simpler method than I used, I dont like using all those nodes, so avoid them,  it didnt help with the programme keep freezing, 2022 has been a nightmare to me. I dont know whether to try 2023 or go back to 2021 has anyone any feed back on 2023

Trish (#87079), Carole has been telling us of problems with 2023. Corel is working to correct them but who know when their efforts will be completed/successful? My 2022 is a bit glitchy but nothing too bad.

Here is my day 7. I didn't try the envelope as I plan to use my cards digitally. I probabaly should try it so I can overcome obstacles before I need an envelope. tkhd0c8su6ujhqcvi4lsr69jdh5wnyuc.jpg

Card number 7. I used an image from Pixabay. For the lace ribbon, I used a very old tut to make lace using a font called Ruritania and interlaced a ribbon strip. I added some texture to the background and strip elements. The font writing was one called Candara. I did not do an envelope as in real time I have an envelope board for any cards I make but it was useful to see the process of devising one in PSP.

I know I skipped a few days/cards, but I hope to go back and at least re-watch the videos. Decided to just do Day 7 today. I liked seeing the process to make an envelope, but I don't know that I will do that today. I try to design my cards to fit envelopes that either I can buy, or that I have on hand. I used a photo of some flowers and a butterfly from my 2022 garden. Lace was from Jessica Dunn on digitalscrapbook.com.

Thank you Carole! I learned lots! My problem seems to be remembering what I learned :(  I would send this card to you!

I always use Avery templates for my cards: half fold (8.5 by 11) and note cards single fold for the 4.5 by 5.5 cards. The card paper is scored so all I need is a guide to the centers. They were downloaded as PSD files which I saved in a pspimage format. Since I don't have any pictures of recent grads, I downloaded the gnomes, balloons and papers from Chandahlia.com. The inside bow is a tube recolored. The script font is FrancineHMKbold which the Hallmark Card program loaded into my fonts and also Castellar which I believe came with the computer. I added additional sides to my card to make it fit my template. All the schools that I attended are blue and gold.