Greeting Card Workshop - 2022

Cassel

Most of the elements on the card are my own. I made the pointsetta and ornaments last year for various Christmas cards.

The gold paper a part of some foil gradient papers that I downloaded and changed the color to gold. The balls spelling

"Merry" were actually made in PS several years ago, but I find the I am using them quite a bit for Christmas cards. The ribbon was also made several years ago.

I need a lot of Christmas cards, so this is the first one. I kept it simple but because my photo had the tree on the left side I mirrored the scallopped mat to the right. I put an old streetlight instead of a ribbon and gave it some glow. The embellishment comes from the blogtrain kit of last year by DB Magnolia. Last year it came to late, so now is the opportunity to use some of it. The font is Christmas Crafter by Creative Fabric.

Carole how do straighten a ribbon that goes offline I tried  by rotating but that just rotated everything. trying to rotate with the archor on the element just makings it worse , my mouse doesnt response to minute moves  and the up and down buttons dont help   I tried the alighn tool under objects, not shore what they do, but they didnt align anything, perhaps you can explain what they are for please x Thank you

I am very happy to see everyone posting, and I hope to see even more posts.

Welcome to our regulars: Susan E, Corrie, Ann, Bonnie, Marie-Claire, Donna S, Sue, Anita, Cristina, Michele, Jnet, Linda, Sharla, Kasany, Trish, Susan C, Dawn, Suzy, Monique, Nancy, Deana, Harmony, Lynda, Cindy H, Nana, Lyn, Hank, Louyse, Mary, Leslie, Gerry.

A special welcome to new posters: Donna, Roni, Cindy S, John.

Jnet (#86435), beautiful photo. Yes, we will be getting snow soon enough!

Hank (#86443), I see you turned the rectangle template to a square card. That is great example of customization.

Sharla (#86445), such a delicate card. Good work.

Suzy (#86448), nice idea to use the striped paper. It makes it pop!

Louyse (#86451), such fun elements used to decorate your card.

Ann (#86455), although my brain is uneasy to see shadows on the "other side", it certainly makes total sense with the photo you are showcasing.

Mary (#86458), I am glad to see that you are creating a different card than the theme I used. Each card will have a different theme in the tutorials, so we should also see a wide variety of cards in the next few days.

Leslie (#86462), such a clever idea! A card can be turned into a business card or an ID tag. Let us know how the event goes!

Cindy (#86463), great!!! You are doing so well with your PSP and your projects.

Gerry (#86465), Creative Fabrica certainly has a lot of cute designs to choose from! And it is nicely showcased.

Donna (#86467) that gradient paper definitely helps showcase those other decorations. Great work.

Corrie (#86469), another great example of customization. The same template can be flipped to get something that looks different.

Dawn (#86471), that is a beautiful image. And I am happy to see this template used for a different theme than the Christmas card that I used.

Trish (#86473), did you blend in multiple images or what the picture like that? It looks great.

Bonnie (#86479), I have a feeling one of your pickleball friends will get a surprise card in the near future!

Keep them coming. Don't be shy.

Remember that you can add your projects in the gallery too. The gallery will become a central location to browse and get inspired.

Card 1 4x6 size.  Used the same font as tutorial - Hestia Austine (Creative Fabrica), snowflake by Sheila Reid (DigitalScrapbook.com) and photo is mine.  really enjoyed the tutorial.

Not sure how to upload two images from the gallery into one post so I'm doing two.  Now I get to go look at all the cool cards!

large.1556280686_CardWorkshop-Card1-4x6-

Here is my Card 1 and I picked Christmas as the theme.. The font is Bianca Romantic from Creative Fabrica, the element is from Marisa Lerin at Digital Scrapbooking. I reduced the opacity on the picture  to 81 and used the tip from Carol about the leader option in the text tool menu. That really helped with the line spacing. Thank you Carole. This was a lot of fun to do. I enjoy looking at the beautiful cards here. You are all so talented.

This is my first complete project since joining and half heartedly doing the workbooks, I mostly use PSP for enhancing and fixing old worn out photos starting from 1927 until this year of over 7,000 photos. I've been working on these for ten years or more.

I did want to do more with PSP and so started these classes to help me improve in all aspects of the program, which, by the way I started using from the very first version back in the '70's when the original company (Jasc, I think) created it and have stuck with it.

large.1422927711_Day1BlueJay.jpg.29f3c61A simple , no fuss card, used Carole's gimp tube, and waved it.  Text slightly rotated, after adding text on a curve.  I replaced the  border, with one of my own.  Extracted the bird,  placed it on a plain background, added snowflakes, and snow, to finish I added some noise to the border, and the background paper.

I uploaded my first page yesterday in the gallery, in the appropriate  section. I assumed it would be automatically added to the forum, it would seem not.

There isn't anything to add to Michele's comment