Greeting Card Workshop - 2022

Cassel

I’ve registered, but I’m not very good at it, never send them, and have severe troubles when it comes to print. The only cards I’ve figured out how to print are postcards….namely dues notices for the Daffodil Society, LOL!  I feel triumphant because my name and address are on the backside, and facing the right direction!  I also just did a postcard for daffodil show publicity for 2023, single sided.

Anything that folds is a headache for me, so I am looking forward to learning some tricks! I also have a double sided printer, so perhaps that will help me?!

Do any of you remember when cards were a single piece of paper folded into quarters, and not made from cardstock at all?

Sue #85380 I also used Publisher for years! For a family newsletter about everything our family did, a booklet for the fanclub of my favourite singer I was the chairman/woman? of for years, etc.

Then I switched to cardmaking with cardstock, with a machine, now an electric one (Couture creations Go power), at first a manual one. With PSP I was never satisfied about how it looked, very amateurish, not nice enough to send.

Corrie

#85392 I used Data Becker too years ago, there was also Davilex who had nice programs to use.

I'm very happy I bought a Cricut machine, I use it for paper, vinyl, iron on etc. I really could use an aid for the housekeeping, addictive hobby's!

Looking forward to learn how to make cards with PSP. :)

I just registered.  I use to make rubber stamp cards, which I loved, but since our remodel and all my things are packed away I thought this might be a really good alternative for me.  I hope I make it to the end of the classes.  I displaced my hip so I'm not very mobile and not sure what the doctors will need to do to get me walking normal again.  But I'm excited for the class!

I used to make cards.....then things got in the way. I HAVE made our annual Christmas card for most of the past 40 years. Way back in the beginning, sometimes it was silkscreened, or hand-cut, or printed at a printshop.

But then we got a computer! And then a color printer! But some years it seems I spend more time fighting with the printer to print the 45 or so copies I need to mail, and I end up just being happy it is done :)

Yes Me too

And Suzy 

I remeber well. Printing a card on 1 sheet and folding it in quarters :-)

Left upper part Tekst or picture upside down.

And right lower part The text.

On a dot matrix printer.

AND there are still people who do it that way

https://alyx.sh/posts/xmas-cards-2021/

And that program still available on the internet archive

https://archive.org/details/CardShopPlusDeluxeVersion2.0Mindscape1995