Greeting Card Workshop - 2024

Cassel

14 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Donna Sillia I think that the text on the banners could be done with the Text on path, so you could have it follow the banners more.

Today was the last tutorial of the Workshop. Tomorrow will be my last day of adding comments to each poster, but the thread will stay open so even if you are still taking a few days to finish, you will still be able to post.

Actually, I did use Text on a path, but my path was wonky. I remade it using a path that more closely followed the line on the banner.

dsbabytwins600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

16 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Bonnie Borntrager

@Jeni Simpson I LOVE that font you chose!

@Sharla Great theme for that card and the image is very appropriate for an achievement!

@Petra Nuijten You will still have a week to catch up. Looking forward to your projects.

@Sue Thomas It is a great idea not to add a shadow. If you did, it would have to be quite faint anyways.

@Doska St. Is that happening only with 2023 but not with other versions?

@Michele Were the butterflies already in those colors or did you need to colorize them?

@kasany I think that the very fancy and delicate font you used would work better (easier to read) with no shadow at all.

@Bonnie Ballentine  For the card "I am rich", I wonder if the text reads well in full size? If not, maybe it can be emphasized with a glow around it?

@Anne Lamp I would not necessarily have noticed the template you used if it was not the fact that I was using that same template in the book I am writing, and I was on that chapter!

@MoniqueN. I don't know if you did it on purpose or how you did it, but the sort of "see-through" on the left of the watercolor scene is very interesting.

@fiona cook I am glad that the classic Materials Properties has helped you.

@Gerry Landreth I am glad you enjoyed the workshop.

@Donna Sillia I think that the text on the banners could be done with the Text on path, so you could have it follow the banners more.

@Harmony Birch It is fine to tweak the templates. That is the beauty of templates! I think that on the last card, you flipped the ribbon. It shows as the lighting on the bevel is now in the wrong direction.

@Sheila Hogg Thank you for your kind words. I am also thrilled by all the cards that were created.

@Peggy Dyar For the corner punches, have you thought of using the guides?

@Corrie Kinkel I always love to see your little logo on each card. It looks so professional!

@Louyse Toupin On your card, if you have a black outline on text, you don't need as much of a shadow. In fact, you can even skip the shadow since that outline creates a nice definition of the edges.

@carol Woudema Again, I think you resized the photo incorrectly. Those poor ladies will have a headache! Did you check out this article on resizing photos?

@Anita Wyatt I am glad you are safe. Things can always be replaced. I am sure you will have time to catch up.

Today was the last tutorial of the Workshop. Tomorrow will be my last day of adding comments to each poster, but the thread will stay open so even if you are still taking a few days to finish, you will still be able to post.

Carole it already is such an old logo! It is approximately 20 years but I like it and all my family and friends always look for it on the back of my cards. I only change it for X-mas.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jeni Simpson said:

Card 7, at last.
I wanted this card to be softer and more feminine than others I have completed.
I chose a photograph I took many years ago of a rose bush, although just the roses, I wanted a bouquet-ish look.
The ribbon comes from Melo Vrijhof of Digital Scrapbook. This was colourised to match the lemon coloured rose at the bottom of the photograph, using Adjust > Hue and Saturation > Hue Map, something I had never noticed before, thank you, Carole.
The font I used is one of my favourites, Romantically Free for personal by maisfontes. I angled it to fit in line with the ribbon without having to reduce to too small a size, and, I think, it works on the angle.
Jeni
HappyBirthdayRoses-Card7-800x571-jeni.jpg.608e514061829878802b807966fb45f6.jpg

The angled text is the added touch that makes it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi , here are my next 3 cards. 

card4 - gnomes from Creative Fabrica, font Magnolia Sky.
card5 - kit tiny and mighty by Jen Yurko,  font is Retro Love
card6  - font is Starline, photo is mine

card 4 large.CardWorkshop-Card4-anja03.jpg.28630b121e0a3ff59631b7a1684bfd91.jpg

card 5 large.CardWorkshop-Card5-jy-tiny-anjd-mighty-anja02.jpg.c267f5b7321a573d0e05fd133da009c1.jpg

card 6 large.CardWorkshop-Card6-anja03--font-starline.jpg.7e0f57846f31164f3e5c57979f499b52.jpg

• Love 15

DAY 6 - A HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARD

Just in time ... A friend's Mom is celebrating her birthday and I wanted to create something a bit special.

The Flowers are from Creative Fabrica.

The font used is called Clarendon Blk BT, I don't remember where I found it.

CardWorkshop-Card6A 600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 11

Posted (edited)

Here is my day 7 made with the Diamond template.  I food items are from C F "Barbecue-Cookout-SVG-Clip-Art-69956312"  The red white blue ribbon is cass-Bow16-Sample-Blue-White-Red-Ribbonfrom Cassel.  The eyelet  is from cass-Eyelet2-sample   The font is Freestyle Script.  The blue sky with cloud  top  paper if form a photo I took a couple of years ago. I had fun with this one, but can't say I had fun trying to do the envelope, but I finally got it done, hopefully right.  I suspect I will never use either one though, but I at least wrote down the instructions on how to make one.

My CardWorkshop-Card7-Extra2024  summer picnic 6.jpg

My CardWorkshop-Card7-Extra2024.pspimage  envalope w.jpg

Edited by Anne Lamp
  • Like 2
  • Love 9

@Jeni Simpson Papyrus is definitely a traditional font to be used.

@kasany Yes, a less ornate font is easier to read.

@Michele Just a little trick if you want to add a link: link the text instead of adding the link separately, especially if it is a FB link as they are so long.

@Julie Magerka Lovely cards for lovely people!

@fiona cook Those dimensions SHOULD work. You just have to make sure that the printer you are using (if you are using at home) uses 300ppi. You might want to test it.

@Doska St. Let me send you an email to check a few things to help with the freeze, ok?

@MoniqueN. This shadow effect is great and it does give the impression of a thicker paper.

@Donna Sillia When you want to create just an arc, the easiest way is to make three points: beginning, middle, and end, and change the nodes to Symmetric. Don't even try to make it freehand. It is a nightmare! 😉

@Louyse Toupin As I was scrolling to your card and saw the croc, I was wondering what kind of greeting card you were making, until I read it!

@Anja Pelzer Those black gnomes stand out on the red/pink card. Great choice.

@Randy Maybe that font is standard? I know I have it too and use it regularly.

@Anne Lamp Who knows when you might use one of those in the future? If you don't use those, you might create new ones!

Now, it is the last "daily post for me. If you encounter any issue, don't hesitate to post and I will respond (I get a notification for every single post in the forum!)

Also, remember to fill out the survey about this workshop!

I find it interesting that some registrants have filled out the survey but never posted any of their projects. But that is ok. Maybe some are uncomfortable posting their projects.

Keep them coming if you are not finished.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Randy said:

DAY 6 - A HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARD

Just in time ... A friend's Mom is celebrating her birthday and I wanted to create something a bit special.

The Flowers are from Creative Fabrica.

The font used is called Clarendon Blk BT, I don't remember where I found it.

CardWorkshop-Card6A 600.jpg

I like how you have the flowers "spilling over" the oval.

• Like 3

Here's my Day 4. The cute kitty is from CF and the font is Scoot Charrita which we got free from CF via Cassel's Big 10 Event a few years ago. I used Cass corner punch B-999-17 and erased the outer edge because I thought it resembled cat paws this way.

large.CardWorkshop2024Day4600.jpg.14d03cde03be5f7015abdc268c7f132d.jpg

• Love 11

My print outs have come out at the right dimension so I thought I would do another version of a card with the matching envelope using the popular Scrapbook square format. This one is 11cm card but the max I can do with an envelope is 14.5cm square. This card will just have one fold. The peony photo is mine and the background has a 'Paper' effect (Effects/Texture/Paper. I have made a pretend postage stamp for the envelope. No royalty on this one but instead a Brush Tip 'FancyFlower' with a small inner bevel. The Selection border around had the perforations made with the Eraser tool, size:30, Steps 118. (note to self!)

PeonyCard-11cm_600.jpg

PeonyEnvelope.jpg

• Love 10

On 5/27/2024 at 6:16 PM, Anja Pelzer said:

Hi , here are my next 3 cards. 

card4 - gnomes from Creative Fabrica, font Magnolia Sky.
card5 - kit tiny and mighty by Jen Yurko,  font is Retro Love
card6  - font is Starline, photo is mine

card 4 large.CardWorkshop-Card4-anja03.jpg.28630b121e0a3ff59631b7a1684bfd91.jpg

card 5 large.CardWorkshop-Card5-jy-tiny-anjd-mighty-anja02.jpg.c267f5b7321a573d0e05fd133da009c1.jpg

card 6 large.CardWorkshop-Card6-anja03--font-starline.jpg.7e0f57846f31164f3e5c57979f499b52.jpg

Made me laugh: the text on the baby card! (Card 5) That's a great line.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 5/27/2024 at 1:08 PM, Donna Sillia said:

Actually, I did use Text on a path, but my path was wonky. I remade it using a path that more closely followed the line on the banner.

dsbabytwins600.jpg

I can identify with "wonky paths"! Mine often are too.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, Michele said:

Here's my Day 4. The cute kitty is from CF and the font is Scoot Charrita which we got free from CF via Cassel's Big 10 Event a few years ago. I used Cass corner punch B-999-17 and erased the outer edge because I thought it resembled cat paws this way.

large.CardWorkshop2024Day4600.jpg.14d03cde03be5f7015abdc268c7f132d.jpg

That just makes me smile!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

(I admit, I'm obsessed with my cat! I rescued her when she was just 1 lb. We've come a long way)

My idea came after seeing her sitting in my car night after night -- the photo is NOT mine - but this cat looks just like Adira!! Amazingly, my car looks just like this car!

I got a lot of images from Creative Fabrica and the background from Vecteezy (attribution to: <a href="https://www.vecteezy.com/free-vector/road-background">Road Background Vectors by Vecteezy</a>)

AdiraGetsHerLicense rs500px.jpg

Edited by Peggy Dyar
forgot to attribute the background image..added now
  • Love 11

1 hour ago, Peggy Dyar said:

(I admit, I'm obsessed with my cat! I rescued her when she was just 1 lb. We've come a long way)

My idea came after seeing her sitting in my car night after night -- the photo is NOT mine - but this cat looks just like Adira!! Amazingly, my car looks just like this car!

I got a lot of images from Creative Fabrica and the background from Vecteezy (attribution to: <a href="https://www.vecteezy.com/free-vector/road-background">Road Background Vectors by Vecteezy</a>)

AdiraGetsHerLicense rs500px.jpg

She like dsriving?;)

• Haha 4
  • Love 1