Greeting Card Workshop - 2024

Cassel

This is my card 4. I went for easter just because the bunny looked so happy! The image is from Freepik. The font is New Easter (Creative Fabrica). And the little eggs are a precut shape made from a dingbat font called Easter Icon (Creative Fabrica).

card4 600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 12

Hi all together , I am very late with my cards, but now I have Card 1 and 2 ready

card 1 - My mom 2009 taking pictures of all kinds of flowers and greeneries during a Mothers Day walk

large.CardWorkshop-Card1-anja01.jpg.99da226e689652d136bb492e89b66fd4.jpg

card 2

flowers from Creative Fabrica and font is Helena Script, I made no shadows, the frame and squares have a tiny innerbevel

large.CardWorkshop-Card2anja02.jpg.1a75916546091d44bd935b5d4c4cfff4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 17

Posted (edited)

Here's my number 5, there is some of the background peeping out the top purposely, the bit of snowman that peeks through the ring, looks better with some background.
CardWorkshop-Card5-600.jpg.e0cfc45d8cf76720df23a4d652bf5272.jpg

the font is Star Jewel and the image is mine
Hopefully my psp skills are a little better than my snowman making skills

Edited by Harmony Birch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 11

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Nice looking osprey, far better than the ones I saw. Mine are sort of goofy! LOL

osprey_framed_600.jpg

I had years worth of screenshots to choose from.  I even have some that are totally goofy too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Number 6. Took a while to get going but came up with this one. I made a vector shape from the oval and used the Vector tube script by SS to make the frilly edge using a font called Ruritania. I duplicated and mirrored one to make it look a bit fuller. Another image from CF. I made a ric rac ribbon to see if I could and I did. The wording font is called Wedding Samantha from CF. I used the Primus plugin from Flamming Pear on the font. TFL

CardWorkshop-Card6-SGH-26-05-2024.jpg

Edited by Sheila Hogg
  • Love 15

I have finally completed the extra card for Card 2.
I used a quote by Lao Tzu using the font, Carlotta and a globe sticker by Janet Kemp and created it as a postcard.
The tube is by Kamil. Thank you Louyse for reminding me of her tubes.
Jeni
jeni-Card2-Extra2024-travel_800x571.jpg.ae4faf875b807a2f890aa1c95a620688.jpg

• Love 12

3 hours ago, Sheila Hogg said:

Number 6. Took a while to get going but came up with this one. I made a vector shape from the oval and used the Vector tube script by SS to make the frilly edge using a font called Ruritania. I duplicated and mirrored one to make it look a bit fuller. Another image from CF. I made a ric rac ribbon to see if I could and I did. The wording font is called Wedding Samantha from CF. I used the Primus plugin from Flamming Pear on the font. TFL

CardWorkshop-Card6-SGH-26-05-2024.jpg

I love what you did with the font around the image, it's  quite ingenious.  It would pass for delicate  lace.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

@Jeni Simpson That is such a lovely card. I think it is the first one I have seen in this workshop on that theme. It is a great idea to create postcards instead of greeting cards. You can use the same templates!

@kasany That is so interesting to have an out-of-bound image instead of a clipart!

@Harmony Birch That card makes me smile. I think I will contact CF to point them to this thread as so many of their graphics are showcased in these beautiful cards. For your snowman card, there is a lot of blue tint. Have you considered using a color adjustment like Grey World? It is not available by default in recent PSP versions but you can retrieve it easily. Check this article (about halfway down).

@Michele Those balloons are so simple yet make a great composition.

@Doska St. What PSP version is giving you those issues?

@Randy That is a great way to use other tools and effects.

@Corrie Kinkel I love how you used the "bee" instead of "be". It is perfectly suited to the theme.

@Sue Thomas With all those nature events, you will be quite busy! 😉

@Gerry Landreth Great text on path technique!

@Minka Glasier Such a fun and colorful card!

@Ann Seeber I bet you can stay busy all year with all those birthdays!

@carol Woudema Those milestones really deserve to be celebrated!

@Anne Lamp Did you use the card template or a different one? Strangely, it matches exactly one template from the Template workshop.

@Sharla That bunny certainly looks happy. A great card to keep for next year.

@Louyse Toupin That is a fun and colorful composition! Next, we want a picture of YOU on your scooter! 🙂

@Anja Pelzer Good to see you catch up. On your second card, may I suggest you add a little 3D effect on the ribbon? It is the only element without bevel or shadow.

@Sheila Hogg If you had not mentioned that you used a font for that edge, I would not have guessed it. Great job!

@Bonnie Borntrager You have to be careful in resizing the images to fit a template. If you change the proportions, it will squish the image. Check this article about resizing.

Tomorrow is the last template and the last tutorial of the workshop. Don't worry, the tutorials will stay available until next weekend so if you had some time issues, you will have several days to catch up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am still not caught up, here is Card 5. I will keep going until I finish them all.
I'm enjoying the learning, thank you, Carole.
The font is Brewsky, a fun font that I wanted to try. I have used Brewsky along with Helvetica.
Card5-jeni-art-exhibition-800x400.jpg.95834758331b52b8f4aeed33156a76ae.jpg

• Love 11

6 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I love what you did with the font around the image, it's  quite ingenious.  It would pass for delicate  lace.

Thanks Sue. Another group I used to belong to a long time ago now had a tut on how to make a lace strip using this lovely font and that oval was just begging me to put something frilly on it. A single layer was a bit skimpy so I duplicated and mirrored it to fluff it up a bit.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

My card 5. I’m trying  to catch up so I’ve kept this one really simple. The vector image is from Freepik. The font is Cookie and the strip is a PSP Pattern.

card 5 600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 14

2 hours ago, Sheila Hogg said:

Thanks Sue. Another group I used to belong to a long time ago now had a tut on how to make a lace strip using this lovely font and that oval was just begging me to put something frilly on it. A single layer was a bit skimpy so I duplicated and mirrored it to fluff it up a bit.

I found the font.  I Will be playing with  different letters, along with other simillar fonts that I have. As if I don't have enough lace fonts, as I have all of Carole's.  Nice to have something a little different.  I agree the lace edging works really well with image. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Even though I participated in the first greeting card challenge in 2022, it's always  nice to have a refresher.  Congratulations to all the participants, who  submiited their pages, each every one is a masterpiece, to be proud of.  The standard of creativity submitted is exemplary, even from the newbies.  Not only that we are  an inspiration to each other.

Day 7.  I kept it very simple.  I used a lace brush. Colourised the berries red.  I decided not to use a shadow on  it.  Using it as a stamp. I often use, well not often but always  use  a bird photo when I create cards for my birding friends. Same goes for my friends that have a passion as I do for insects.   The surprise on the inside page for those that receicved  invitations  to festivals.  

Day 7.jpg

inside surprise.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 11

10 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Jeni Simpson That is such a lovely card. I think it is the first one I have seen in this workshop on that theme. It is a great idea to create postcards instead of greeting cards. You can use the same templates!

@kasany That is so interesting to have an out-of-bound image instead of a clipart!

@Harmony Birch That card makes me smile. I think I will contact CF to point them to this thread as so many of their graphics are showcased in these beautiful cards. For your snowman card, there is a lot of blue tint. Have you considered using a color adjustment like Grey World? It is not available by default in recent PSP versions but you can retrieve it easily. Check this article (about halfway down).

@Michele Those balloons are so simple yet make a great composition.

@Randy That is a great way to use other tools and effects.

@Corrie Kinkel I love how you used the "bee" instead of "be". It is perfectly suited to the theme.

@Sue Thomas With all those nature events, you will be quite busy! 😉

@Gerry Landreth Great text on path technique!

@Minka Glasier Such a fun and colorful card!

@Ann Seeber I bet you can stay busy all year with all those birthdays!

@carol Woudema Those milestones really deserve to be celebrated!

@Anne Lamp Did you use the card template or a different one? Strangely, it matches exactly one template from the Template workshop.

@Sharla That bunny certainly looks happy. A great card to keep for next year.

@Louyse Toupin That is a fun and colorful composition! Next, we want a picture of YOU on your scooter! 🙂

@Anja Pelzer Good to see you catch up. On your second card, may I suggest you add a little 3D effect on the ribbon? It is the only element without bevel or shadow.

@Sheila Hogg If you had not mentioned that you used a font for that edge, I would not have guessed it. Great job!

@Bonnie Borntrager You have to be careful in resizing the images to fit a template. If you change the proportions, it will squish the image. Check this article about resizing.

Tomorrow is the last template and the last tutorial of the workshop. Don't worry, the tutorials will stay available until next weekend so if you had some time issues, you will have several days to catch up.

PSP Ultimate 2023

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bonnie Borntrager said:

I did save the original size to and sent in the one resized. What is the size to send.

It does not matter what size you want in the end, but if you just use the Resize command and go from a rectangular format to a square format, you would lose the proportions of the elements. Here is an article on resizing templates. Although it is for scrapbook pages, it is the same for card templates.