Template Workshop 2024

Cassel

I used the papers from a kit from Pixel Scrapper: Marisal-gl22-jan-mini. Used a full one for the scalloped paper on the left side and as patterns for the background and the label since they would have overpowered the picture otherwise. The element was from that kit. The flower frame was one of my creations which I inner bevelled.  The font is Baghira (I’m pretty sure it is from Creative Fabrica since most of my interesting fonts are from there). I duplicated the font and then converted it to a raster layer and inner bevelled it. The scalloped paper I textured with a bark texture which I had created and I also inner bevelled it. I played with adjusting the brightness and contrast on the bubbles as well as inner bevelling them  in order to make them more like the bubbles in the bubble machine and also reduced the opacity. I placed a texture on the background paper also. I think that about sums up working with the template.  I had forgotten that technique of opening the paper (or photo), copying it and pasting it above the layer you want to size it to, and then matching it to the template layer by using the magic wand on the outside of the template layer (so that it is inverted – or is it “outverted”?) and then clicking on the layer with the photo or paper and deleting. I did do that with the photo and the scalloped paper on the left side. That sums up the layout.  The photo was taken in the summer of 2008 of my great grandson in California.  His grandparents had bought him a bubble machine that was hand held by my son as he played with his grandson.  It produces a “ton” of bubbles!

2024 Template 1_600.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 10

31 minutes ago, Lynda DiGregor said:

Workshop 2024 Day 1

Finally in our house with the computer room set up. Yay! Still have much unpacking to do but took some time out to try to get back in the groove.

cass-Template1b-Home-sm.jpg

cass-Template1-DIAMOND-Sycamore-sm.jpg

So glad to see you back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Lynda DiGregor said:

Workshop 2024 Day 1

Finally in our house with the computer room set up. Yay! Still have much unpacking to do but took some time out to try to get back in the groove.

Great, Lynda! So glad you're back. Your layouts are the best, as usual. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Lynda DiGregor said:

Workshop 2024 Day 1

Awesome news, Lynda!  Great to see you back.  Love the layouts and you new "digs" are beautiful.  I especially love your Sycamore layout as I live on Sycamore Avenue (in Canada).  I thought living 6 weeks in an RV was bad enough when moved here, but 7 months, wowzers!  Mind you, our RV is only 7'x21', two people two cats; a little too cozy!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

My daughter and son in law loved to hike in the desert around Las Vegas when they lived there. The background is from FF as is the pattern in the scalloped layer. Pictures are from my daughter. The font is Alister Oblique, but I don't know where I got it. The pink square is the color of my daughter's shirt. The other backgrounds are gradients.

Beth now is in Fredericksburg, VA, although the Las Vegas house is going to be their retirement home. I will be computerless from Jan 24th to Jan 31st as I will be visiting her in Fredericksburg. Old Town is charming and there is lots to see surrounding Fredericksburg. Needless to say, I will be taking lots of pictures.

dsmountain.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 10

I am waiting on eye surgery so small fonts frustrate me at the moment and zooming in and out is so tedious. So, it is large fonts for now. I will have to try wrapping around the text later so I moved the text box to get everything in. Had some issues getting the inner paper to match the colors of the dress but, surprisingly, adding a bevel worked as altering the bevel settings can alter color depth. I was confused about the "layer...new mask layer" instructions & image in the video as I do not have that setting but I found it in the submenu for "new layer" in PSPX8. Can't get used to using those "Cntrl+C" etc commands. I find it easier to use my mouse and the dropdown commands at the top.  Just a personal preference. It's a good thing that PSP has so many redundancies. Font is Comic Sans MS and the papers are from kits by CathyK and Brown Owl. I snagged the photos from the internet as no one wants to see a photo of my messy sewing room and I sure don't want to clean it up just for this lesson. However, the larger photo does mimic the inspiration board that I do make up with swatches, trim & ribbon scraps, buttons & thread that I select before starting on a garment. Sharon

TP lesson2 Sharon (small).jpg

• Like 5
  • WOW 1
  • Love 13

I have had a go at this first one but is taking me longer than it should as I am suffering with an inner ear condition making me a bit/very wobbly headed. Anyway, I will be going at a snails pace and dependant on weather me head feels it is screwed on alright shallbe posting my efforts. Hope everyone is doing ok.

cass-Template1-SGH-16-01-2024(1000 x1000).jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 16

3 hours ago, Lynda DiGregor said:

Workshop 2024 Day 1

Lynda, so nice to see you are back after all those RV months! When I visited with my daughter in the States I have seen many different kinds of RV's. They were considering buying one and we went to a couple of "showrooms" (mostly outside), but they haven't decided yet.

9 minutes ago, Sheila Hogg said:

I have had a go at this first one but is taking me longer than it should as I am suffering with an inner ear condition making me a bit/very wobbly headed. Anyway, I will be going at a snails pace and dependant on weather me head feels it is screwed on alright shallbe posting my efforts. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Sheila, all the best for a speedy recovery and we should say: "Thinking of you"

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Donna Sillia said:

My daughter and son in law loved to hike in the desert around Las Vegas when they lived there. The background is from FF as is the pattern in the scalloped layer. Pictures are from my daughter. The font is Alister Oblique, but I don't know where I got it. The pink square is the color of my daughter's shirt. The other backgrounds are gradients.

Beth now is in Fredericksburg, VA, although the Las Vegas house is going to be their retirement home. I will be computerless from Jan 24th to Jan 31st as I will be visiting her in Fredericksburg. Old Town is charming and there is lots to see surrounding Fredericksburg. Needless to say, I will be taking lots of pictures.

dsmountain.jpg

Donna, I live less than an hour from Fredricksburg!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

44 minutes ago, Sheila Hogg said:

I hope your ear problems get better soon.  I really like the way you made the dots colorful.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

here is day 2

I used again the QuickTile scripts to make patterns for the papers, fonts are Campanile and Fette Steinschrift, 

the Lego Blocks are a picturetube by Cassel

I made the masks so -- I turned the grey and black photospots to white and used the new masklayer in black, so no need to invert the image.

large.cass-Template2-mitMasken-jan24-anja-lego.jpg.b1f61546f64835d813b2a3ef0f74a0f0.jpg

• Like 12
  • Love 6

1 minute ago, Anja Pelzer said:

here is day 2

I used again the QuickTile scripts to make patterns for the papers, fonts are Campanile and Fette Steinschrift, 

the Lego Blocks are a picturetube by Cassel

I made the masks so -- I turned the grey and black photospots to white and used the new masklayer in black, so no need to invert the image.

large.cass-Template2-mitMasken-jan24-anja-lego.jpg.b1f61546f64835d813b2a3ef0f74a0f0.jpg

Who doesn't love LEGOS?  Very nice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1