What are you working on (in January 2024)?

Cassel

I am working on a friend's Canva project and made this table of contents. The light bulb is a black preset shape which was altered with vectors. For some reason the Canva clipboard misaligns the one top text, but it looks good in the presentation. Canva is a whole other learning curve, and I'm not ready to indulge. I am only using it because of my friend's presentation. Thanks Carole for the great vector lessons!

dsTable of contents.jpg

Edited by Donna Sillia
  • Like 4
  • Love 4

December and January (so far) have been nothing but dreary, dismal, and dull here in SW Ontario (Canada). Days in a row of grey wet weather. I am feeling no inspiration or creativity. Everything (except the green grass) is brown and grey. So the layout is a reflection of that gloominess. Nothing special; picture from the Boston Globe with a frame.

Dog walking has been a challenge, and the wet paw prints are a continuous job to clean up.

2024 working on in Jan dreary.jpg

• Love 11

The last project that I finished were my Christmas cards using lots of dies. I am just finishing up a crochet cowl pattern now. I need to print off some photos to start some scrapbooking again.

• Like 5

More gnomes for me from CF! The snowflakes are a picture tube from Corel which I colored using the change to target brush. The font is Merry Sugar Snow and I used a combination of an outer bevel and Gaussian blur to make it look like it's sunken into the snow, too. (I know Blue Winter is supposed to represent sadness, but I decided to go another way.) I just realized I forgot to add "Fabulous Divas" somewhere in the pic. That's what happens when you run out of time; I really need to start these earlier. 🤪

large.FABDLBlueWinter!600.jpg.899ac63a3ecd8f658adba052c979a794.jpg

• Love 12

5 hours ago, Michele said:

More gnomes for me from CF! The snowflakes are a picture tube from Corel which I colored using the change to target brush. The font is Merry Sugar Snow and I used a combination of an outer bevel and Gaussian blur to make it look like it's sunken into the snow, too. (I know Blue Winter is supposed to represent sadness, but I decided to go another way.) I just realized I forgot to add "Fabulous Divas" somewhere in the pic. That's what happens when you run out of time; I really need to start these earlier. 🤪

I was wondering where those Divas were. But at least there's a gnome to admire!

• Love 1

18 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

December and January (so far) have been nothing but dreary, dismal, and dull here in SW Ontario (Canada). Days in a row of grey wet weather. I am feeling no inspiration or creativity. Everything (except the green grass) is brown and grey. So the layout is a reflection of that gloominess. Nothing special; picture from the Boston Globe with a frame.

Dog walking has been a challenge, and the wet paw prints are a continuous job to clean up.

I wish we could send the snow to you.  We just had a dump of it.  Shoveling season has begun.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Michele said:

I don't think of blue as sadness in winter I think of it as the color of winter.  Because it reflects a blue sky in the shade on the snow, it's often blue. Icebergs and ice formations have blue in them, and I'm pretty sure they are happy too.  I love this particular color of blue.  This layout is so cute.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

This is a lovely layout and it could have been here in the Netherlands because we have had so many rain in the last 2 months that the rivers, lakes and brooks are overflowing! Now this week all of a sudden we have days with temperatures below zero even at daytime, but at least with a blue sky. I know for many of you that is normal, but not here and the forecast is that the weather will change back to rain and higher temperatures!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Time to get out the skates!

Not really, only on icerinks that have just a couple of centimeters it is ok and they have opened. On deeper water it is too dangerous because  the high waterlevels are going down, the pumps are still working to get rid of all that water. Therefore there is a current under the thin ice layer which prevents the grow of the ice and it won't hold. Maybe for an individual skater but not for many people at the same time. Besides that later this week the temperatures are said to go up and we are back to the rain again

• Like 2

It's still raining here, no snow yet.

I am still addicted to making masks. I downloaded a picture from Creative Fabrica, removed the background, and used brightness and contrast to make it black. I applied cass script raster to mask and added one of my daisy pictures.

sun.jpg

dsdaisies.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 4

On 1/10/2024 at 12:04 AM, Julie Magerka said:

Julie, the weather might not be the best, but the layout is beautiful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2024 at 10:54 AM, Michele said:

Michele, this is sooo cute!

I agree with Susan; I don't relate blue to sadness in winter...This gnome is having lots of fun making angels in the snow. 🙂

Let's say the 'Fabulous Divas' were on a well-deserved winter break. 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello everyone,

here I'm showing another tutorial from the campus blog, namely the snow globe. This was a good inspiration after I was looking for a motif for the birthday card of my young nephew, whose birthday is coming up.
It is created in the size of mobile phones, which can be made horizontally or lengthwise. The birthday child can also use it as a background for the home or lock screen.

Credits:

Snowglobe with holder: Doska

Papers: Creative Fabrica

Tube and snow: pngtree

Font: Mia's Scribblings

DS-HappyBirthday-0124.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 10