What are you working on (in January 2024)?

Cassel

I have been playing around with the new script  cass-CountingCards1-Weeks. I made 2 cards for week one but I can't see myself taking a photo every week and make a card. Carole maybe this could be a new challenge! So I thought when would I count in weeks: on a holiday when I make a lot of photos and each week could have a lot of photos. That would make a nice intropage for the different holiday weeks in a photo album. Therefore I tried that option with a photo from last year. Nice!!!

WeekDrie-600.jpg

WeekEen-600.jpg

WeekOne-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

17 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I have been playing around with the new script  cass-CountingCards1-Weeks. I made 2 cards for week one but I can't see myself taking a photo every week and make a card. Carole maybe this could be a new challenge! So I thought when would I count in weeks: on a holiday when I make a lot of photos and each week could have a lot of photos. That would make a nice intropage for the different holiday weeks in a photo album. Therefore I tried that option with a photo from last year. Nice!!!

Suzy is hoping to do such a challenge, so maybe you can be photo-buddies. I have seen challenges where participants had to take a photo based on a specific prompt, while others were open. In the Maniacs FB group, there is one challenge/theme every week. If you want to use that as inspiration, you can join. And instead of having an overall theme (vacations, flowers, etc.), it could just be "a year in my life" or something of the sort. No fancy theme, but daily life.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

My 2nd attempt at this.  I did the fishhook, the bobbin, and the wave pattern. 

Mary, This is just perfection! I cannot believe you made that net! Or the fish hooks. Really, it is just exquisite.

Corrie, I wonder if anybody would like to join us? Isn’t that script amazing?  And so versatile. PLUS it’s good for 2024, but also 2021 and 2029 - anything because the second line can say anything you want. 

Does anybody want to do a P52 - photo a week with Corrie and me? As she said, if anything big comes along, it can just have its own page(s) stuck right in there with the singlets. 

• Love 1

Wow Scrappers,

have you been busy these 6 days in the new year with such beautiful ideas. I bring you, with Carole's permission, my January 1st creation (also in my scrap gallery) I had so much fun putting it together. The photo is just lovely, which I initially only sent to her privately, but she likes it when I put it here.

Credits:

Photo: © Carole

An very old "white christmas" kit from Molemina

Photoframe from "HOHOHO" kit from DS Anette Marie

Background: MLDesign Texture 07 "Xmas"

Fonts: Happy Holidays & Elegance

DS-Caroles-Santakiss_700px-0124.jpg

Edited by Doska St.
  • Love 13

1 hour ago, Doska St. said:

Wow Scrappers,

have you been busy these 6 days in the new year with such beautiful ideas. I bring you, with Carole's permission, my January 1st creation (also in my scrap gallery) I had so much fun putting it together. The photo is just lovely, which I initially only sent to her privately, but she likes it when I put it here.

Credits:

Doska, this is so very beautiful.  Thank you (and Carole) for sharing it.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doska St. said:

Wow Scrappers,

Credits:

Photo: © Carole

Doska this is great and luckily Carole gave you the okay to share it here!

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2024 at 12:03 PM, Donna Sillia said:

I've started organizing my fonts into categories using NexusFont and Character Map UWP. In preparation for the Template Workshop, I have also been making masks using cass raster to mask. Most of the shapes are from preset shapes and preset shapes that I created using the ss Making preset shapes scrip. 

floral.jpg

petals.jpg

star1.jpg

When you say "preset shapes script" do you mean the one that works with dingbats? These are great!

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2024 at 2:11 PM, Susan Ewart said:

I use Font Base.  There is a free version and a paid version.  I chose paid, 1x a year payment.  that gives me access to the glyphs in a nice big format and I click on the glyph and it copies to the clipboard, it's easy for me to use.  It's the first font viewer I chose (after reading reviews) and I was very new to having one.  I'd like to see what other ones are like too.  and I never want to go through the character map in Windows again because it's so small and it doesn't pop out and enlarge when I hover over it, and even when it did it was still too small to see. 

I downloaded free version of Font Base to give it a try. So far, looks good. Came across this while font browsing. They spelled your surname wrong!

Ewert font.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Julie Magerka said:

I downloaded free version of Font Base to give it a try. So far, looks good. Came across this while font browsing. They spelled your surname wrong!

Ewert font.jpg

Those dastardly dastards! (I'm coining a new word).  That's too funny.  I don't have a common name and this is the common misspelling of my name.  When I say my last name I usually have to spell it, so I say, "E-W-A-R-T....Like Stewart, only, we aint no Saints"!   Get it?  I think Stewart really means St. Ewart!  😋

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

On 1/5/2024 at 12:10 PM, Cristina said:

Here is a layout I started in 2021 for the Color Challenge, and although I posted back then as finished, I left it in the unfinished folder for later tweaks.

The color that was supposed to be part of the layout was already in the photos, so I changed the background paper to a solid gray color and added an overlay.

I started with Lynn Grieveson's (The Lilypad) Template - #lgrieveson_messy_captured_4.

I created the Wordart for the first version, and  for this reviewed version, I added some elements following Carole's tutorials:

Post-It Note,  Straight PinPinned Paper

The lifted photo effect was created using cass-LiftedPhoto Script.

2021Feb ColorChallenge.jpg

Only today, after seeing the layout here again, did I notice something that probably had Carole cringe: The shadows I added to the Post-It note, etc. 😬

The shadows that came with the template are opposite the usual left side.  I’ll correct it. 😄

• Haha 2

On 1/5/2024 at 8:40 AM, Ann Seeber said:

I went back to a former Year in Review layout and edited it for 2023. I picked out my favorite projects from each month of the year but, because the illustrations are confined to a square format, I didn't include our calendar project from November. The date is a font: Algerian with a gold metallic gradient and an inner bevel. 

2023 YEAR IN REVIEW_600.jpg

I love this Ann, this is just what the newpapers do right after Christmas.  they pick a number of the front pages to display on the front page of the paper that week.  It's really neat to see.  I like the concept of "Year in Review".  It give opportunity to pick your favorites and revisit the memory associated with it.  Even for me who doesnt really shoot life events (I do a bit, but I dont show it often), I like to see where I was in skill and where I got to at the end of the year and to see where I could do better and what next do I want to learn.  

• Like 1

Lab 11 Mod 8.  Wasn't sure how I was going to do this since it is also about the sea.  But I muddled through and actually had fun creating elements.  Requirements: abstract fish created and then made into a ribbon; create an arrow and add words on top of it (I didn't create the arrow but used a preset shape and worked with those nodes to get the curve - still a challenge); made a stroke and use it to fill a wave (another wave pattern) - that wave pattern I've worked with several times - 1 to put the words on it and 1 to make shadows on the folds of the strip).  i also used the stroke to make circular frames in different colors and as "x"s; and used that same idea to make a ribbon and then to use Carole's scripts to make a curled ribbon and several bows.  Lots of fun. The surfboards I made in a previous lab.

Lab 11 Mod 8_1000.jpg

• Love 13

59 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lab 11 Mod 8.  Wasn't sure how I was going to do this since it is also about the sea.  But I muddled through and actually had fun creating elements.  Requirements: abstract fish created and then made into a ribbon; create an arrow and add words on top of it (I didn't create the arrow but used a preset shape and worked with those nodes to get the curve - still a challenge); made a stroke and use it to fill a wave (another wave pattern) - that wave pattern I've worked with several times - 1 to put the words on it and 1 to make shadows on the folds of the strip).  i also used the stroke to make circular frames in different colors and as "x"s; and used that same idea to make a ribbon and then to use Carole's scripts to make a curled ribbon and several bows.  Lots of fun. The surfboards I made in a previous lab.

Lab 11 Mod 8_1000.jpg

Mary beautiful, it makes me long for summer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lab 11 Mod 8_1000.jpg

You do beautiful work, Mary! Those Labs and your hard work really pay off!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1