What are you working on (in November 2023)?

Cassel

9 hours ago, Cristina said:

Corrie, great use of the Scripting lessons! Those stamps look really amazing.

Cristina thank you so much. It is a good feeling to actually be able to use the things we have learned so far. You are going through the same lessons for the second time and I already know that if this course comes up again in another year I will take it again to rehearse. I find it much more inspiring to do this with a (now small) group than on my own.

• Love 2

I resurrected an old one from 2016 for the Daily Look and made some adjustments. I probably got the ladies from Google, but I didn't record the illustrators back then. The first one looks like Inslee Haynes Farris' work, but I'm afraid I can't give credit to the other three. I used various frames and flowers from Pixel Scrapper. The font is Runy Tunes Revisited. 

large.FABDLBohemianChic!600.jpg.1d467f76050d28f8aad9d44217637fe7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

54 minutes ago, Michele said:

I resurrected an old one from 2016 for the Daily Look and made some adjustments. I probably got the ladies from Google, but I didn't record the illustrators back then. The first one looks like Inslee Haynes Farris' work, but I'm afraid I can't give credit to the other three. I used various frames and flowers from Pixel Scrapper. The font is Runy Tunes Revisited. 

large.FABDLBohemianChic!600.jpg.1d467f76050d28f8aad9d44217637fe7.jpg

I love your work, Michele, and your choices of illustrations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2023 at 9:03 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

I find it much more inspiring to do this with a (now small) group than on my own.

Me too, Corrie... We also learn from each other, as one question/comment from a participant can open our eyes to something we've not thought about.

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I wonder how it would look if the train and track was above the  keyboard.

I tried many ways but above the keyboard the screen had to be huger. Onrealistisch high. The top of the train disappeared. OOB's are surrealistisch but a big part must be realistic. Making your own Mock-up is faster than to find something on the internet. I found that keyboard as pgn. But again I'm a step further in learning OOB's. another time I make one with the top as oob and not the side. Before I have a perfect one????????? Every try I run into someone else. But every attempt is a good exercise. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

I tried many ways but above the keyboard the screen had to be huger. Onrealistisch high. The top of the train disappeared. OOB's are surrealistisch but a big part must be realistic. Making your own Mock-up is faster than to find something on the internet. I found that keyboard as pgn. But again I'm a step further in learning OOB's. another time I make one with the top as oob and not the side. Before I have a perfect one????????? Every try I run into someone else. But every attempt is a good exercise. 

That is how we all learn, through trial and error.   Tenacity,  persistence,  patience  along with encouragement will  pay off, with rewarding results.   It isn't always an  easy technique to master,  to obtain  that realistic effect, that we all know   isn't real.  As Carole said it is  fantasy.   

• Like 4

The little  green grasshopper had discarded it's  exoskeleton, and is in the process of hardening it's new one.  When I zoom in  I can see that  it is still  translucent.  Semi transparent.  The exoskeleton in the page  doesn't belong to the little green  grasshopper.  

Exoskeleton.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 10

11 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

The little  green grasshopper had discarded it's  exoskeleton, and is in the process of hardening it's new one.  When I zoom in  I can see that  it is still  translucent.  Semi transparent.  The exoskeleton in the page  doesn't belong to the little green  grasshopper.  

Exoskeleton.jpg

I love how you altered the decorations on the corners into the ones on the title! Again you have such an eye for detail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

I had birthday cards to make for two people. I ran out of gas after the first one so I simply changed the name. Don't tell anybody. All the butterfly stuff comes from CF. I used a bunch of layers and a mask from Mask by Ginny. The font is Octagon Calligraphy.

large.HappyBirthdayBonnie2023600.jpg.a3cb183e2ae70c3cb3e856cbc6dadf6f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 10

18 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Die kleine grüne Heuschrecke hatte es aus dem Exoskelett verworfen und ist dabei, ihr neues zu verhärten. Wenn ich zoomen kann, kann ich sehen, dass es immer noch durchscheinend ist. Semi transparent. Das Exoskelett auf der Seite gehört nicht zur kleinen grünen Heuschrecke.

Exoskeleton.jpg

You photograph beautifully, Sue. What I'm particularly interested in is the font name of the title

Edited by Doska St.
  • Like 4

Decided to play with Cassel's Echo Text Mask-Family Sampler. I played with various group photos, but this seemed to work the best. This is a great portrait of my granddaughter and her husband from earlier this year. It turned out like a Word Art comp. The font for the title and side info is Ravie. Now I'll acquire the script so I can customize it. 

ANNA & TJ 2023 FAMILY_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 7
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Decided to play with Cassel's Echo Text Mask-Family Sampler. I played with various group photos, but this seemed to work the best. This is a great portrait of my granddaughter and her husband from earlier this year. It turned out like a Word Art comp. The font for the title and side info is Ravie. Now I'll acquire the script so I can customize it. 

ANNA & TJ 2023 FAMILY_600.jpg

That's really nice Anne.  the colors are beautiful and as always your gradients are radiant!  

• Thanks 1