What are you working on (in November 2023)?

Cassel

17 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

Well done, but I think I would prefer that one to stay inside the computer.

My daughter was really scared for snakes. Once she was in a course and for her examen the teacher had the summon test.He had a real Boa Constrictor on board. She was so scared that she would leaf the building only by knowing it. But the teacher convinced her that nothing would happen. He removed her from the group for the final test. Finally as she stood with the boa around her neck, all she saw was a very beautiful animal. I'll have a look and see if I can still find the photos.

• Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 1

I started this page 3 nights ago, all that was left to do was to add a post it note,   date stamp, and an alpha bead.  All element tutorials can be found in the creative scrap. I think I have the  titles of those tuts correct)

My very first sighting and  photo of this  secretive bird will be a memory I shall cherish.  I used the same technique that I used on the Great horned Owl.  Created a mask, by using hide all, this time I added a frame.  If the frame doesn't look right to you let me know

Rusty Blackbird (1).jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

15 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I started this page 3 nights ago, all that was left to do was to add a post it note,   date stamp, and an alpha bead.  All element tutorials can be found in the creative scrap. I think I have the  titles of those tuts correct)

My very first sighting and  photo of this  secretive bird will be a memory I shall cherish.  I used the same technique that I used on the Great horned Owl.  Created a mask, by using hide all, this time I added a frame.  If the frame doesn't look right to you let me know

Rusty Blackbird 6 Novemeber. resizedjpg.jpg

I think the frame works well. Draws the eye well and low enough opacity not to be intrusive. Love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

I think the frame works well. Draws the eye well and low enough opacity not to be intrusive. Love it.

5 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Thank you ever so much, I appreciate the feedback.  I not only lowered the opacity, but also used a  soft light blend mode.  Also removed some of the frame, as it was my intention to have the main branch  which the bird was perched on and the bird to stand out somewhat in the foreground. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Rusty Blackbird (1).jpg

Nice use of the Echo Text script. Is that bird only on the Western range? Unfamiliar to me. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Nice use of the Echo Text script. Is that bird only on the Western range? Unfamiliar to me. 

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Thanks Ann, actually I don't have  the Echo Text script.  As I did with the Great Horned Owl page,  it's my interpretation of that script.  It's a lovely way to showcase photos. 

As for the Rusty Blackbird, they are of concern, as their wintering grounds are as far  as Texas and Florida.  They are loosing their natural habitat to crops. Their numbers are at a minimal,  they nest in the  length and breadth of the  Canadian Boreal forest.  Being secretive birds, little is known about them.  That is why I am going to cherish the memory of seeing this one,  as it graced my trees out back, en route south. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sharing to show how wonderful Cass's Two-Toned Stitch Fonts are. I used them to make the border. I've had the fonts for a while now, but I plan on using them more often and not just for borders. (Lots of clip art and an alpha were used for this layout.)

large.FABDLCraftFair!600.jpg.3befb2eac3803d4d11f6bbac881d847d.jpglarge.FABDLCraftFair!border600.jpg.67dc64f6e4f532609ed6b9de62c4225c.jpg

Edited by Michele
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

12 minutes ago, Michele said:

Sharing to show how wonderful Cass's Two-Toned Stitch Fonts are. I used them to make the border. I've had the fonts for a while now, but I plan on using them more often and not just for borders. (Lots of clip art and an alpha were used for this layout.)

large.FABDLCraftFair!600.jpg.3befb2eac3803d4d11f6bbac881d847d.jpglarge.FABDLCraftFair!border600.jpg.67dc64f6e4f532609ed6b9de62c4225c.jpg

I have these, use them a lot.  Try using them on a vector shape, using the vector shape script.  They  really do jazz up  a page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

All the above looks so elegant and will go fantastic on a label or a card, love them! 

Thanks Corrie.  I see copious  frames, most decorated,  which is where I get  inspiration from. Same goes for labels.  I choose not use the majority, as  I like to create these using vectors.  The edges are  more crisp, also I can jiggle the layers around  to create different ones.  

• Like 2

I thought I'd try adding more than one  image to a post.  I'm still playing a round creating gold decorated frames. The ivy was an ivy green in colour, which I turned to gold.  It worked, now I know how to add more than one image.

dc.jpg

Image2.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Michele said:

It's so much fun when the daily theme for my Fabulous Divas group has an "f" and a "d" so I can play with the text. The font I used is Bernal Sans, a duo that has a regular version and an alternate one. 

large.FABDLFriendsgivingDay!600.jpg.224dfaa55c5c6b9d3f5643a85dba8e8b.jpg

Clever word art for the title. The whole page is simply so sweet.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

I've had a lot of fun with finishing up my Travel Tale.  I've made several things I thought I would like to show.  One is straightening out a poster in Lawrence, KS that I had photographed and so I'll show the photo and what I came up with for an element to add to the layout.

Image1.jpg

MLS Poster.jpg

You did  a professional job on the straightening the poster, using the  perspective correction tool, also an equally as good job on the extraction. Did you use a mask or several masks for the extraction?   I do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Now I've really got the hang of adding multiple images.  The first time I went back into edit, then added an image.  This time I  simply added one at time. I feel so silly, as initially I was making a real meal of it, and failed. 🙂   I will summarize how I  created these, and others, as  I have lost count of the tools  I used. I'm in my element doing intricate stuff  like this. The gold rings are vectors. The most difficult part is aligning the vector elements to the rings. (Making them one)  (used the pick tool, free, and sheer)  warp brush, push. I also used the warp brush push,  on the rings to  have then higgledy piggledy. Lock transparency to colour the berries red.  I used the create a gold element   technique on the holly and berries, Using the blend mode I liked the screen effect.  Selected  the elements, expanded and deleted the one ring. Keeping the  outer frame consistent. Floral elements from CF.

fframe round gold leaf 1.jpg

frame  round gold filled.jpg

Image4.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 9

8 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Now I've really got the hang of adding multiple images.  The first time I went back into edit, then added an image.  This time I  simply added one at time. I feel so silly, as initially I was making a real meal of it, and failed. 🙂   I will summarize how I  created these, and others, as  I have lost count of the tools  I used. I'm in my element doing intricate stuff  like this. The gold rings are vectors. The most difficult part is aligning the vector elements to the rings. (Making them one)  (used the pick tool, free, and sheer)  warp brush, push. I also used the warp brush push,  on the rings to  have then intertwined. Lock transparency to colour the berries red.  I used the create a gold element   technique on the holly and berries, Using the blend mode I liked the screen effect.  Selected  the elements, expanded and deleted the one ring. Keeping the  outer frame consistent. Floral elements from CF.

fframe round gold leaf 1.jpg

frame  round gold filled.jpg

Image4.jpg

A tip, I like to keep one whole vector circle, as  it makes it easy to  use the magic wand to select inside, in order to  copy and paste an image, or flood fill.

• Like 4