What are you working on (in November 2023)?

Cassel

9 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Now I've really got the hang of adding multiple images.  The first time I went back into edit, then added an image.  This time I  simply added one at time. I feel so silly, as initially I was making a real meal of it, and failed. 🙂

I could be wrong, but I think if you add them one by one, they display one under the other. If you select both from the gallery, they display side by side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Now I've really got the hang of adding multiple images.  The first time I went back into edit, then added an image.  This time I  simply added one at time. I feel so silly, as initially I was making a real meal of it, and failed. 🙂   I will summarize how I  created these, and others, as  I have lost count of the tools  I used. I'm in my element doing intricate stuff  like this. The gold rings are vectors. The most difficult part is aligning the vector elements to the rings. (Making them one)  (used the pick tool, free, and sheer)  warp brush, push. I also used the warp brush push,  on the rings to  have then higgledy piggledy. Lock transparency to colour the berries red.  I used the create a gold element   technique on the holly and berries, Using the blend mode I liked the screen effect.  Selected  the elements, expanded and deleted the one ring. Keeping the  outer frame consistent. Floral elements from CF.

fframe round gold leaf 1.jpg

frame  round gold filled.jpg

Image4.jpg

These are gorgeous. When I read all the tools/steps, my head starts to hurt! But you are the master at intricacy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Julie Magerka said:

These are gorgeous. When I read all the tools/steps, my head starts to hurt! But you are the master at intricacy!

Julie, I feel quite humbled by your generous complimentary words. I sincerely, appreciate and thank you, and  others that  comment on my work as you do. I am a stickler for detail, even the slightest   misalignment shouts out to me, to rectify it.  Of course I'm far from perfect, and will often miss things.  I don't scrutinize other peoples' work, but some small details  will jump out at me, that is when I  try to tactfully and without malice make helpful suggestions.   I like to  think that  others would reciprocate.   

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Julie, I feel quite humbled by your generous complimentary words. I sincerely, appreciate and thank you, and  others that  comment on my work as you do. I am a stickler for detail, even the slightest   misalignment shouts out to me, to rectify it.  Of course I'm far from perfect, and will often miss things.  I don't scrutinize other peoples' work, but some small details  will jump out at me, that is when I  try to tactfully and without malice make helpful suggestions.   I like to  think that  others would reciprocate.   

Sue, I value your input also.  You are a master.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Sue, I value your input also.  You are a master.

15 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Sue, you've helped me in the past and I want you to keep on doing it. I want you to do you! I'm the one who benefits from it.  We don't see the mistakes in our own work.  It's like proofreading but for layouts and not words.  (unless the words IN the layout are wonky, then it really is proofreading, and I'm probably not making sense). It's 2:15am and I just got home from work, hubby will get up in 15 minutes for work. And I'm back at work in less than 12 hours.  I cant wait for Black Friday week to be over.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Just a small X-mas star with a decoration. As most of you know I'm taking the Scripting Course and in this week's lesson we had to use a preset shape and rotate it. Then write a (simple) script using what we had learned in that lesson. For fun I used a star preset shape and when finished with the lesson I thought well that looks like a nice X-mas star. The result from the lesson was quite small because we had to use a 200x200 image. This evening I played a bit with that script and redid it on a 400x400 image. After running the script I placed a decoration on it and I have something to use on cards or whatever related to X-mas. I love it when I can make something with the knowledge I'm getting in this course.

Kerstster-04.jpg

• Love 10

I can't imagine where I saw it, but it has been invading my dreams.  Maybe I dreamed it to begin with.  It was a display of 2 pictures and one just caught my eye and I've been obsessed with it every since (on how to achieve it- even to dreaming about that).  One was of a frame that was a group of 3 transparent frames - various opacity I think.  Has anyone else seen this? if so, where?

2 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

I can't imagine where I saw it, but it has been invading my dreams.  Maybe I dreamed it to begin with.  It was a display of 2 pictures and one just caught my eye and I've been obsessed with it every since (on how to achieve it- even to dreaming about that).  One was of a frame that was a group of 3 transparent frames - various opacity I think.  Has anyone else seen this? if so, where?

I have not seen anything like that.  How cool to have creative dreams.  When i was trying the scripting I was dreaming about it.  I hope you find it so we can see it.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I have not seen anything like that.  How cool to have creative dreams.  When i was trying the scripting I was dreaming about it.  I hope you find it so we can see it.  

I may go ahead and just do it - what has been running around in my head - it was so intriguing.  You know, I get stuck on some of the details and attempt to create them.  but, it is goiong to have to wait until I finish the travel tale.  I've got a double page I'm working on for the last rv spot we were at - St. Peter. MO,  Then a double page on the ride home - we stopped at the home of Throwed Rolls. and then that's it.  But, if Im going to take advantage of Cyber Monday, I'll have to hurry to finish it up.  

• Like 2

This is what I created for the Nov. random challenge. Using buttons.  This was fun but time consuming.  The background was downloaded from CF, "Winter-landscape-74761386". All components of the Snowlady are buttons, some distorted to make them work. Also the walkway from the woods. am_intex that I have no idea where I got it from. I did a search in my saved stuff and found over 80 buttons. Of course some were only different colors of the same one.

LET IT SNOW 6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Anne Lamp said:

This is what I created for the Nov. random challenge. Using buttons.  This was fun but time consuming.  The background was downloaded from CF, "Winter-landscape-74761386". All components of the Snowlady are buttons, some distorted to make them work. Also the walkway from the woods. am_intex that I have no idea where I got it from. I did a search in my saved stuff and found over 80 buttons. Of course some were only different colors of the same one.

LET IT SNOW 6.jpg

Great idea making the snow lady out of buttons!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

You've all been so busy this November. Loved what you've been doing.  I have made a greetings card or two and then looked at the Campus blog subject on 'Dual Effects on a photo'. I think I can have fun with that and, although a little bit late for Halloween, created this Dual Effects cat image.

In Palettes I used Instant Effects 'Gemstone' for the jaggedy image and for the cat's eyes adjusted the main photo using the vibrancy scale, painting out the eyes on the Mask.

siamese.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 9

6 hours ago, fiona cook said:

You've all been so busy this November. Loved what you've been doing.  I have made a greetings card or two and then looked at the Campus blog subject on 'Dual Effects on a photo'. I think I can have fun with that and, although a little bit late for Halloween, created this Dual Effects cat image.

In Palettes I used Instant Effects 'Gemstone' for the jaggedy image and for the cat's eyes adjusted the main photo using the vibrancy scale, painting out the eyes on the Mask.

siamese.jpg

That is so cool, and very creative.

• Love 1

And page 2 will have this image on the left

DaddyAndMe-1-600.jpg

And this text on the right:

I like to work in the yard.
Daddy shows me 
how to rake leaves,
how to put them in bags.
We can even play a little
with all those leaves.