Calendar Workshop 2024

Cassel

@Julian Adams Looking better and better!

@Carolyn Rye That is a good start. With upcoming lessons, you will likely revise those pages!

@Jannette Nieuwboer I am sure he will be proud to display that calendar!

@Cristina Oh, it is fun to see those beads in use!

@Chris Schults Looking forward to your projects. Some participants might be waiting until the end to show the COMPLETED pages so it is ok for you not to post anything yet 🙂

@Anne Lamp Oh no! I hope you find a solution. I have no idea how I can help.

@Corrie Kinkel I think I might feature that particular script in the Campus blog next week. So others can choose to customize their date boxes even more if they want.

@Shirley There are lots of cat lovers in this group. That calendar will be a star!!

@Ernest Moore Are you actually EDITING the text or are you typing on top of it? If you are typing over it, it is not much of an issue as you can delete the other layer. Can you do that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is my idea for one of my calendars. But, I need to ask for help, once again! Because I moved the month over, and I extended and moved the Calendar dates a little bit, is there anyway to set move permanent guides for all of my templates so I don't have to set the manually for each of them. 

Because I work on a laptop, (we live in our RV and haven't purchased a good desktop computer yet, my rulers are really hard to see. Which makes setting the guides up uniformly (twelve times) really hard! I appreciate any feedback. thanks bunches!!

calendar screenshots.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I have altered the date boxes for the weeks to start on Monday. I have Carole's Custom Calendar script for 2 years now and it works great and is a timesaver too. The script gives the opportunity to choose a different format for the boxes and you can design them too. But I wanted a simple shape, nothing fancy so I can write things inside them. Therefore I have them on the full width of the page. I have spend some time to find a font that I like and that has the glyphs I want. For the time being I have put the month's name in the middle of the page, maybe I'll change it later. I will use the same font for all the months but change the color to match the pages. Font is Almond script. Now I'll have to see what the dates for all the holidays in 2024 are. Some of course are always the same, but not all. And I have to search the ones for Switzerland too, because some of theirs are not celebrated here and visa versa.

Mei-600.jpg

Juni-600.jpg

Nice idea to put the month in the middle. I think I maybe the size a tiny bit smaller would even be prettier 🙂 Nice font!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Thank you so much Cristina! It appears, I have my stamp written  all over my work, making it   unmistakably mine. 🙂  I have  also created other different shaped boxes. Including  cut box effect.  A certain person will know, I won't mention any names, but you know who you are.   I love the theme you have used for your  calendar, quite ingenious.   Like Michele's theme, it goes to show that you don't have to use photos.  

calendar  boxes corners inward.jpg

calendar boxs  rounded inwards square.jpg

I remember those as well! 🙂 ... They are gorgeous.  Your calendars are unique, as are your work excellence, an eye for details, photos, etc.  It's always a joy to see them.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I have Carole's Custom Calendar script for 2 years now and it works great and is a timesaver too. The script gives the opportunity to choose a different format for the boxes and you can design them too

I have to get this script! ... I created a simple date box years ago, but if I want to do something different, this script will be handy.

• Like 3

Here are the updated versions of the January and February calendars.

After seeing Sue Thomas's rounded date box, I changed the one I created years ago... I am very much interested in the script Carole mentioned above.

crdh-01Jan_2024-Calendar600.jpg

crdh-02Feb_2024-Calendar600.jpg

Credits:

Bella Gypsy Happy Winter / bellagypsy_happywinter_wordart1

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 2
  • Love 7

Only after I'd finished the March calendar did I realize that Easter is in March this year... So, later, I will change it to an appropriate photo.

This photo will be in April then.

I still used the same overlay with blend mode.

Credits: (Although this is a calendar, I cannot help using some techniques I've learned here on the Campus! 😄)

MarisaLerin: (marisaL-PSFeb14 Be Mine / marisaL-scatter1)

ShabbyPrincess: ShabbyPrincessDesign_Promise Collection / SP_Promise_Butterfly

crdh-03Mar_2024-Calendar600.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 2
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, laurie solaas said:

Because I work on a laptop, (we live in our RV and haven't purchased a good desktop computer yet, my rulers are really hard to see. Which makes setting the guides up uniformly (twelve times) really hard! I appreciate any feedback. thanks bunches!!

Although it won't make it faster, remember that if you right-click on the little rectangle, inside the ruler, at the end of a guide, you can then set it precisely with the dialog window, so the simplest way is to move the guide roughly where you want it, and then adjust it with the right-click. Would that work?

24 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Although it won't make it faster, remember that if you right-click on the little rectangle, inside the ruler, at the end of a guide, you can then set it precisely with the dialog window, so the simplest way is to move the guide roughly where you want it, and then adjust it with the right-click. Would that work?

Yes!! Thank you!! While messing around with guides, occasionally I would accidentally right click the triangle, and because I did not understand (or realize) that I did a right click, when I tried to bring up the dialog window on purpose nothing I tried worked! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I don't know if that's the one I watched quite a while ago, but I had to stop when the cameras were filming one who was dying of thirst and heat under a scraggly tree. All I could think was, give him a drink for goodness' sake! And anything is better than what the Kardashians were filmed doing.

I don't get that either.  Film makers film the harshness of nature and do nothing.  I couldn't stand by and just watch.  I watched a show about a pride of lions and one the the babies got separated and they filmed in and kept saying if it doesn't reunite with the mother it will die (which I think it did in the end) and it was getting weaker and weaker.  It was heartbreaking.  I'm not naïve about the harshness of nature, but we humans created a lot of natures struggles so we should be trying to save, fix or help anything that needs it and quit saying that it's cycle of nature.  I can believe that statement in a time long before mankind, but not now.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Cristina said:

Only after I'd finished the March calendar did I realize that Easter is in March this year... So, later, I will change it to an appropriate photo.

This photo will be in April then.

I still used the same overlay with blend mode.

Credits: (Although this is a calendar, I cannot help using some techniques I've learned here on the Campus! 😄)

MarisaLerin: (marisaL-PSFeb14 Be Mine / marisaL-scatter1)

ShabbyPrincess: ShabbyPrincessDesign_Promise Collection / SP_Promise_Butterfly

crdh-03Mar_2024-Calendar600.jpg

OMG! that is so sweet.  

• Love 1

Here are May, June, July and August. Not complete but started with backgrounds, photos and the Wakanda font for the month to keep it consistent. I have added a strip file I used for the 2022 Calendar workshop so I would be able to have the days of the week. I'm glad I kept it! In date order, the photos are the African Lion, the Cape Buffalo, the Honey Badger and the Caracal. I will be adding details as we go along.

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-MAY-600.jpg

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-JUNE-600.jpg

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-JULY-600.jpg

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-AUGUST-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here are May, June, July and August. Not complete but started with backgrounds, photos and the Wakanda font for the month to keep it consistent. I have added a strip file I used for the 2022 Calendar workshop so I would be able to have the days of the week. I'm glad I kept it! In date order, the photos are the African Lion, the Cape Buffalo, the Honey Badger and the Caracal. I will be adding details as we go along.

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-MAY-600.jpg

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-JUNE-600.jpg

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-JULY-600.jpg

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-AUGUST-600.jpg

I especially like the June one 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

July and August with some of the dates in another color. At first I wanted to make all the weekend days for all the pages in the same color, so it would be coherent. That didn't work because the backgrounds of my pages have different colors and besides white and black there wasn't one color suitable for all. Therefore I took a color from each page for the weekend dates for that page. If a month has special days like X-mas I'll give them a different color and probably a short text. Family birthdays will be added later on. Now I'll go back to my other pages for adjustments. I post every day the pages of that day and lesson. When we are at the end of the workshop the last pages will be completed and I'll have to go back to update the earlier ones.

Juli-600.jpg

August-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I love all the wonderful calendars here around 

here are my march and april

used again the calender script with font Bittermilk for March and font Earwig Factory for April, I used the Innerbevel and a little shadow

march background with a gradient and texture

large.Calendar-03-nov23-Bittermilk-anja1.jpg.753043253eee7a5418c5dd88cf4a1d7b.jpg

april background - a pattern from the flower and a gradient

large.Calendar-04-nov23-Earwig-Factory-anja1.jpg.2668a185e177425a454cff53197d6313.jpg

Edited by Anja Pelzer
  • Like 3
  • Love 5