Travel Tale Workshop 2023

Cassel

Here is my Travel Tale Day 2. I took me a while and my PSP kept freezing up and I had to start all over, but I finally made it. I used some items from Creative Fabrica and Digital Scrapbooking. I had some issues with drop shadows on 2 of the smaller pictures, but still had a lot of fun with it.

Ann Seeber asked me about the Red Hats. Thus is the quote on line: "The Red Hat Society is a worldwide membership society that encourages women in their quest to get the most out of life. We support women in the pursuit of Fun, Friendship, Freedom, Fitness and the Fulfillment of lifelong dreams. Our signature red and pink hats symbolize a movement of women determined to celebrate every stage of life.

Anita-Travel-Tale-2-US-Germany-resized.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

On 8/22/2023 at 11:30 PM, Jenifer Lyn said:

@Marie-Claire I love how you colored the two places in your 1st layout as well as your second!
@Bonnie Ballentine  The way you highlighted the areas you visited in color & with pointers, genius!
@Suzy I love the texture and your colors choices! I am sorry it was a terrible trip, those are the absolute worst.
Thank you too for your compliment to my Layout, so very kind of you. One-Way indeed ..
Well, for at least a few months. HaHaHa .. Getting away from the farm and its demands sounds divine! 
@Anita Wyatt I can't wait to hear more about the red hat!
@fiona cook I love how you used the gradient to highlight!
@Ann Seeber Your layout is fabulous! I hope they enjoyed their trip, and found beautiful weather? 
Thanks again for your brilliant suggestion!
@Anja Pelzer Highlighting the two places looks great on your layout!
@Michele I love those textures! My Mothers family was from Ireland, that is another place I would love to go as well!
@Cassel Thank you so much! You should have seen my face when I came back to post my layout and suddenly
remembered the posting specs!  HaHaHa    Ann's tip was the gamechanger, as I didn't think I could even post it!
@Corrie Kinkel Love your layout! Perfectly placed elements and the use of several papers!
@Donna Sillia Such a beautiful layout! Your use of elements & papers are fantastic too!
@Gerry Landreth I love your layouts! Quite intriguing!

I hope I didn't miss anyone!
Day 1 was quite the success!

Thank you, Jenifer Lyn!

Here are two datestamps I did with scripts for Lesson 3.

And here are two tags I made for Lesson 4; the flag of Canada and the CN Tower in Toronto. I'll add cords or chains when I know where I'm placing them.

@Cassel I followed the written directions in the email and didn't watch the video until after these were done. The technique in the video is completely different from what I did. ?

CN TOWER TAG.jpg

FLAG TAG.jpg

LAUREY & JACKIE DATESTAMP AUG-2023-BLACK_600.jpg

DATE STAMP- DAY ONE-CANADA TORONTO 2023.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Love 10

@Donna Sillia I am glad that you are benefiting from the Campus and the membership. It always motivates me to continue in that way.

@Lynda DiGregor It looks like a wonderful vacation place!

@Suzy I tracked down Doris (dozibaer) and the brushes. You should be able to download them HERE. (Donna's link didn't work for me)

@Gerry Landreth Those clues make me smile! Do you still have that game? Where did you get those clues? From memory? or a screenshot?

@Anita Wyatt Although a whole organization would be too much, it would be fun to find something for all the Campus members to photograph! Maybe we can start our own fun movement!

@Michele It is a fun way to display text in the background!

@Ann Seeber The Toronto stamp makes me smile... as a Canadian, I obviously recognize all those items!

@Marie-Claire Poncho's trip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Cassel said:

@Donna Sillia I am glad that you are benefiting from the Campus and the membership. It always motivates me to continue in that way.

@Lynda DiGregor It looks like a wonderful vacation place!

@Suzy I tracked down Doris (dozibaer) and the brushes. You should be able to download them HERE. (Donna's link didn't work for me)

@Gerry Landreth Those clues make me smile! Do you still have that game? Where did you get those clues? From memory? or a screenshot?

@Anita Wyatt Although a whole organization would be too much, it would be fun to find something for all the Campus members to photograph! Maybe we can start our own fun movement!

@Michele It is a fun way to display text in the background!

@Ann Seeber The Toronto stamp makes me smile... as a Canadian, I obviously recognize all those items!

@Marie-Claire Poncho's trip!

I found it on Google Earth, which is very interesting. It's also handy since I can simply open another window and Google the answers!

I forget where I am and what day it's supposed to be! 

Here is the date postmark and leather tag. I did what Ann did and read the directions instead of the video. I didn't really like what I came up with, so I used some "real" leather instead.  My only decision I'm not sure of is whether I might prefer a larger white base with rounded corners.

Amish Datestamp 600.jpg

Amish tag 600 to post.jpg

• Love 9

My Day 1 started on Monday - I thought I'd managed to get 2 pages done today, but nope.  I had a lot of problems but it's done.  What's more, I'm sure I've taken this workshop before, and while I was doing it I had my doubts: did I use the same trip????  It's too late to go through the 4 pages already posted.  I'll do it tomorrow.  And finally I had to reopen my psp - my work wasn't light enough ? 

Jour 1.jpg

• Love 10

I have made another layout for day 3 and 4, but I incorporate the different day-tutorials in my layouts. I simple call them by the subject inside the layouts. So this is the one I made for my one day in San Francisco before we went on the plane to Phoenix. I'm going to use date stamps on all layouts and will try to post them later. I made the papers and used different techniques and textures like blinds, halftone; overlays too. The color palette I used for my first 2 layouts is called mineral tones and the fonts are Impact, Bilderberg and Arial. For the coming layouts I intend to use a different color palette, because the photos have very different colors. For all the text and arrows etc I use the colors of the states I'm in.

Travel Workshop San Francisco-resized.jpg

• Love 12

26 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I have made another layout for day 3 and 4, but I incorporate the different day-tutorials in my layouts. I simple call them by the subject inside the layouts. So this is the one I made for my one day in San Francisco before we went on the plane to Phoenix. I'm going to use date stamps on all layouts and will try to post them later. I made the papers and used different techniques and textures like blinds, halftone; overlays too. The color palette I used for my first 2 layouts is called mineral tones and the fonts are Impact, Bilderberg and Arial. For the coming layouts I intend to use a different color palette, because the photos have very different colors. For all the text and arrows etc I use the colors of the states I'm in.

Travel Workshop San Francisco-resized.jpg

@Corrie Kinkel What a beautiful layout for San Francisco! ❤️ Brings back memories for me from when we were visiting my California family. I loved it out there and truly enjoyed the bridge, the trolley, Fisherman's Wharf, the Ghirardelli Chocolate display and the Tea House in the park near the Presidio. You are inspiring me to get working on the rest of my Toronto layouts as I have a ton of photos to display. I like your fishy ribbon, I recognize the fish as a Tube. Well done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I am SO terribly sorry that I had gone "Missing In Action",
real life came in and interrupted my play time yet again!
Late summer is quite a busy time on the farm, whether I like it or not! HaHaHa
I have a lot of catching up to do indeed!

So many new & wonderful creations!
This community is certainly a great source of inspiration to me. ❥

• Like 4

Here is Travel Tale 3. The Hat really enjoyed meeting the knights that handle security at the fortress and also the good looking models (mannequins) at the store. I think it is time I shall give the hat a name. How does Mr. Red sound? Font is Anberta, Date stamp was made by following Carole's tutorial (I need more practice on that). Photos are mine, Background colors were picked from photos. I do not have the Dozi's grunge brushes and her website does not have them listed. I used the marble 2 brush as someone here recommended, than you! Sty tuned for more Travel adventures from Mr. Red.(a.k.a. Mr. Hat).

Anita-Travel-Tale-3-resized.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Love 11

1 hour ago, Anita Wyatt said:

Here is Travel Tale 3. The Hat really enjoyed meeting the knights that handle security at the fortress and also the good looking models (mannequins) at the store. I think it is time I shall give the hat a name. How does Mr. Red sound? Font is Anberta, Date stamp was made by following Carole's tutorial (I need more practice on that). Photos are mine, Background colors were picked from photos. I do not have the Dozi's grunge brushes and her website does not have them listed. I used the marble 2 brush as someone here recommended, than you! Sty tuned for more Travel adventures from Mr. Red.(a.k.a. Mr. Hat).

Anita-Travel-Tale-3-resized.jpg

I love this, it's a great idea and I love forward to the adventure of Mr. Red, he has more adventures that I do!  Back in the paper arts period of my life, we'd make "flat" versions of ourselves (a full length photo of the person - on maybe 5x7 or 8x10 size, cut out and mounted on a stick) then you'd send them and a diary off to one of the participants who would take the "flat" you on an adventure, and photograph and write about it in the book.  I didnt do ones like that but did other ones where I made a diary of the event the person missed and then sent them the diary with the flat version of themselves.  It was hard to find photos of them without them knowing.  but quite fun to do. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I love this, it's a great idea and I love forward to the adventure of Mr. Red, he has more adventures that I do!  Back in the paper arts period of my life, we'd make "flat" versions of ourselves (a full length photo of the person - on maybe 5x7 or 8x10 size, cut out and mounted on a stick) then you'd send them and a diary off to one of the participants who would take the "flat" you on an adventure, and photograph and write about it in the book.  I didnt do ones like that but did other ones where I made a diary of the event the person missed and then sent them the diary with the flat version of themselves.  It was hard to find photos of them without them knowing.  but quite fun to do. 

That sounds so much fun!
What a super idea!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Jenifer Lyn said:

I am SO terribly sorry that I had gone "Missing In Action",
real life came in and interrupted my play time yet again!
Late summer is quite a busy time on the farm, whether I like it or not! HaHaHa
I have a lot of catching up to do indeed!

So many new & wonderful creations!
This community is certainly a great source of inspiration to me. ❥

Life happens, we will be here when you are back in the game.  Take care.

• Like 1
  • Love 1