Text Workshop 2023

Cassel

Day 1  A pack of coyotes I have been observing this winter.  On this day  all five were out, and had their eye on  either an old or ill white tail deer, it was skin and bones with it's ears flat.  I watched while they slowly manoeuvred the deer into the  trees.  They keep the herd of over 200 deer healthy. Hunting in the park is forbidden.  Here are two of them, I blended 2 photos together. All my own work including the  holly and berries picture tube element.  I filled the  title with pine cones, as there are lots of conifer trees in the pack.  

TextWorkshop-Template1.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 5
  • Love 13

A very simple lay out, but it doesn't need more I think ? Tried a mat and other things , but didn't like them much ?

When I added the gradient, I thought, this looks familiar, it looks a bit like the one I used on my granddaughters birth announcement I had the honour to make for sending to family and friends ?

les1 3600-600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 11

This effect looks cool.  I didnt realize just how cool until I put a paper behind it.  I used the kit I have made.  Last night I though, yuk, none of this looks good together but after a good sleep and no headache, it doesnt look that bad to me now.  The photo is really old (2006) and shot with a point and shoot camera; my first foray into digital and first time not shooting with an interchangeable lens system.  I didnt do well with the lag time between pressing the shutter and it taking the picture and soon moved back into a DLSR camera. This shot was taken either in Vernon, BC where I lived at the time, or more likely in the Fraser Valley (westcoast of BC)  

Text Workshop Lesson 1-Rainbow lt. blue-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 11

17 minutes ago, Linda J Walker said:

Day 1 title--this was going to be a page with a photo of my garden seedlings inside just beginning to grow.

But since it is Day 2 already, that page won't be happening right now, so I am posting just my text title.

Image1-3_600.jpg

I love the title "baby" plants, it put a smile on my face.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

This effect looks cool.  I didnt realize just how cool until I put a paper behind it.  I used the kit I have made.  Last night I though, yuk, none of this looks good together but after a good sleep and no headache, it doesnt look that bad to me now.  The photo is really old (2006) and shot with a point and shoot camera; my first foray into digital and first time not shooting with an interchangeable lens system.  I didnt do well with the lag time between pressing the shutter and it taking the picture and soon moved back into a DLSR camera. This shot was taken either in Vernon, BC where I lived at the time, or more likely in the Fraser Valley (westcoast of BC)  

Text Workshop Lesson 1-Rainbow lt. blue-600.jpg

Another kit designer shows her stuff! Nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I was first thinking of posting only the Text/Title work, as suggested by Carole in the email.   But after seeing Corrie and Susan, I decided (at least for lesson 1) to create a layout using papers/elements from the Build a Kit workshop. I hope to finish the workshop this time.

The photo is from Pixabay.

.crdh-Text Workshop Day1_600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 13

I finished Text 1 a day late, but it's finally done. I used Carole's template and papers from my build a kit. The picture was created a couple of Easters ago by me, although mainly I kept the background, grass and bunny. I created new eggs using patterns in PSP with Filter Forge Plastic and some bevel. The balloon was created from a Photoshop tutorial using PSP and the ribbon is from my build a kit. The sun is clip art. The journaling text is CopperInline and the title text is EastMarket. The frame on the picture is a combination of a gradient fill and the egg pattern from the big egg. I tried to make the patterns on the eggs Art Deco in style.

eastertext1600.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 7