Greeting Card Workshop - 2022

Cassel

card-5-congratulations-scaled

Here is my Card 5.  This time the stork is delivering a different little bundle of fur. I used a different blue ribbon from Digital Scrapbooking and found the Cookie font Carole used on Font Squirrel. I learned so many new tricks like the free option to lift the stork's wing and the one about placing some of the layers into a group. I am trying to catch up and will hopefully complete the other 2 in the next few days. Thank you Carole, for the great workshop!

Anita (#87034), nice touch to showcase Mr Mooch on a card!

Susan (#87035), I am glad you gathered all those tips from the tutorials. When I plan them, I typically plan to show one or two tips, but it turns out that I use many other tools or commands that end up as tips for someone discovering them, even though they are "basic" to me. (#87065) Although it might be "uncomfortable" to work with nodes, one good thing about it is that you can move and adjust them over and over again without having to start over. It needs practice.

Sheila (#87040), I think that the interlacing technique is better and less work than using the Eraser tool, as I have seen in various tutorials! (#87087), I suspected that not everyone would need an envelope but I had seen the question before so I figured it could be useful to at least some.

Monique (#87041), great choice of photo! What type of card would it be? (#87060) The colors are so subtle and matching that bouquet! Great choice.

Kasany (#87045), do you know that if you use that font with a different color, you can "paint behind" the snow caps, just like I did for the cupcakes?

Jnet (#87043), that is a nice bow to add to the card! (#87070), in order to print correctly, you would have to place the text inside on the top left quadrant AND rotate it 180 degrees, otherwise, your text will be really hard to read for the recipient.

Corrie (#87054), thank you for your kind words. I love how the little ornaments on the back of the card make a perfect match to the front.

Suzy (#87056), what do you not like about the card? I find it lovely. What does the text mean?

Louyse (#87059), is that you in the photo?

Anne (#87064), that looks about like my car right now. Unfortunately, it is dark at this time so hopefully, I'll get a chance to take a pic in the morning! We just got a "surprise" dump as it snowed all day!

Bill (#87066), are you having issues placing the guides precisely or is that something else that is problematic?

Trish (#87079), making envelopes is not as hard as it seems, but since it is the very first, everything is new. But at times, they can make something totally original when needed. As for 2023, please, use it and then, drop me an email with your "issues" :) (#87090) Great use of the photo on a card.

Bonnie (#87083), give that envelope a try! That pickleball card is so cute! Where did you get such graphics? (#87084) Where else would someone find so many pickleball cards now?

James (#87085), great idea to have the school logo included. I am glad you enjoyed the workshop.

Linda (#87097), you can come back to those tutorials and do the other cards in the next week or so. They will be available until the end of the month (except for DIAMOND members).

Lois (#87088), that is a cute image you found!

Donna (#87102), that is a cute gnome! That is perfect when you don't have a photo! It sure will put a smile on a recipient's face.

quote;

Lyn (#86997), you tweaked the template with circles instead of squares behind the flowers. Amazing how a little tweak makes a card look so different.

Thank you :)

It  took me a while ensuring it was lined up, then I forgot to add the border you had put in the design, and added the outside edge one without a second thought! It was when I posted it I noticed I had forgotten that....I prefer your border, it looks better.

At the start of the week I thought I had a free week to get this all done, but it has turned out to be busier than I thought, so not had much time to keep up with this. I want to try and complete it, not sure how much time I will get to do so this week.

Card #6 is finally done! My hold-up was deciding what the theme would be. So, here's a digital Happy Thanksgiving for my friends and family. I struggled with the warp brush to straighten the ribbon. Need more practice! I created the brad with using some clipart over an existing brad. The title font is Lucinda Calligraphy. The word art in the oval was from a Thanksgiving kit. The background paper is from ps-jessica-dunn-naturally-curious-nature-paper.

Carole: When I trid to upload an image with this post I get a 404 error that says the transaction is potentially unsafe.

Day 7.  I  did two.  I took the photo of the grackle yesterday. I was away yesterday, having fun in the snow on a bird count.   Doing them this morning, and now posting them.

I've created a  snowflake frame using a brush, which I  will post  in the file section on facebook.  Perhaps, for those that are not on FB, Carole can  place  a link to it on here.  It's a png file.

I used one of Carole's crochet tubes to create the frame.  I'm not a big fan of a stark white background.  I do like the look and feel of vintage paper, so I used a small texture, and  a hint of grey.

Thank you Carole for this  superb workshop.  The templates are what I love, simple, and minimalistic, as so many of you will know, that I'm very much a  non  frilly, busy page creator.

Next year will be our 55th wedding anniversary. The stone is emerald created with Filter Forge. I scanned the picture from our wedding album (June 8, 1968). The lace is my own which I scanned some time ago. The hearts are from Chandahlia and the fonts are from deeezy.com.: Broadway Engraved and Gomuno Bubble. I used layer styles for both fonts.

Card 7 - A Thank You to Carole/Cassel for this wonderful workshop. Lots to learn and lots of fun. Thanks a bunch! ;-)

I used the script cass-ribbon factory C to make the gradient ribbon. I added a strip with the wet leaves texture on top of the ribbon. The font is Lucinda Calligraphy. The illustration is from nicepng.

Sue, those frames are beautiful and look so real.  I've never been lucky enough to see a grackle in real life, what a stunner!  I agree about the white background.  I did put a texture on one white one then left two cards with white and it bothers me to look at those two.  I feel like I didnt finish them, and will probably go back and change the background.

Thank you Susan.  I have all of Carole's crochet tubes, corner and edge punches.  They are worth every penny.  I really do use them all a great deal.

As for the Grackle, a few will stay all winter, providing there are plenty of berries.  I'd sooner see them all migrate, same goes for the  Robin.  This one is a male.  I have  dozens of them nesting out in the trees each year.  They are so noisy.  Head over to FB to get the png  lace  frame I added to the  file section.

My last entry for this workshop. I made the envelope and put my card in it. I saved the outline of the envelope in case I want to print it on a later date.

I haven't commented on all the individual cards made; there were simply too much but they all were lovely in their own right and it was a pleasure to see them all.

Humming bird template : Christina Carrano at digitalscrapbook.com/forums/digital-scrapbooking/freebies/freebies-pu-cu-christinac

fill of the circle: paper that I once made myself with a tutorial in de scrapbook campus

VariegatedPaper.jpg

the original color whas yellow en greenish but I colored it to mach it with the colors of the card.

Ribbon is a template of Marisa Lerin on digitalscrapbook.com and I colored it with the 'change to target' tool.

Font : The Glester, downloaded in a freebie bundle at creative fabrica

large.22_11_14_CardWorkshop-Card5-600.jp