What are you working on (in May 2021)?

Cassel

Lynda: Here's a link with some info on the Pine Siskin. They were very active this year; their migration was called an irruption because the breed seems to explode all over the map. The photos I used are not mine but show a siskin defending a food source and probably a nearby nest. They are small and don't ordinarily take on cardinals.

https://www.sdakotabirds.com/species/pine_siskin_info.htm

I enjoyed doing this page. The background paper is a paper template I found on Pixel Scrapper. Carole's corner punch. I used colours from the bird, trying to match them the best I could., as per usual. The paper and text, matches the greys of his/her breast. Some of the techniques which I use are in the beautiful mess masterclass. My usual word art, extraction of bird, and framing. This one is a non breeding immature bird. I can tell because his /her head is mottled rather than all black., same for the brown bib, which would be black in a mature bird. I'm not one for using to many elements and papers, but after the Using element templates masterclass, it opened up a whole new world. I love the small detailed patterns to found in the paper templates section on some scrapbooking sites.  By the way, I heard this song on the radio this morning. I love Stevie Winwood songs.

Sue, Bonnie, Lynda - great layouts.  Sue, love that Harris Sparrow layout.  You seem to be laying off the plaid papers!

I am on the trip - we are headed in the RV to South Dakota to visit relatives.  I am not driving and not navigating (although I did navigate some on the 1st day).  As I said some time back in May, I am still in kindergarten and working in Lab 6 (there are 12 modules).  I finished what I will do with Lab 6 Mod1 - Cathedral Window paper, puffy paint, wood frame with a mitered corner.  So I did Cathedral Window paper in several colors and reduced the windows because I don't like the big windows.  The puffy paint I made a complete alphabet and finally accepted it, but I find that I am going to have to increase them in size.  I made them in red, but I am happy to say that I can color them for each layout I use them - this time they're green.  The frame I made using photos of the furniture in my room! Then I saved one in brown, one in grey, and one in light grey.  I did install them in my picture frame folder for PSP and also one in picture frames in my scrapbooking stash.  the 2 small papers are from Gina Jones Pretty Bird kid.

Hurrah, my book arrived today, I didn't have to wait until friday and so here are 2 pictures of it. I'm very happy how I turned out; the flatbinding is perfect and I did not have to alter the pages I had made at all. I will have a conversation piece on my table; we are allowed to have more visitors at home now and I can show to them what scrapbooking is all about without having to turn the PC on. I'm sure you will recognise the White page from the last challenge.

Michele: Stunning layout! Love your surfer! Where do you get your art? Your Fab Divas are so eye-catching! I have to ask, what size canvas do you start with? I'm looking to deviate from our standard square 3600x3600 scrap page. It doesn't print well. My desktop doesn't do 12x12. :-)

Thanks so very much, Ann. I use a bunch of different sources. If I don't have an immediate idea, I do a lot of googling. Sometimes I get inspired by things I see on my searches; sometimes I look through my supplies and something hits me. The surfer girl came from pngtree and I found it by googling surfer clipart. I was looking for something that would enable me to use the nested frames and I thought she was perfect. I looked on PixelScrapper for the background paper. It distracted from the girl a bit so I put it over a white layer and lowered the opacity of the surfboards lighten them up a bit.

If I'm starting from scratch, I usually begin with a standard scrap page. More often than not it doesn't end up staying that size. For instance, this project started full size with the background, but I cropped it to be more in line with the frames. As far as printing goes, I am clueless as I don't print my projects. I'm sure there are other campus members who can help you with that.

Ann, when I began digital scrapbooking I created 10X8 pages. At that time Costco would print and 8X10 for $1.50. I used Costco to print many pages. When I came upon Pixel Scrapper I began to think about 12X12 and now that's the size I use. I don't use my home printer to print pages...however, Costco has raised their prices and their quality has diminished.

Lynda and Annie thank you so much! It was fun to make this book and really not that different from my usual photobooks with only photos. I then have more text in it because the photos need some explanation and sometimes some embellishments as well. I think in maybe a years time there will be another scrapbook! Annie hugs to you too!