What are you working on (in May 2021)?

Cassel

Mary: I have that script also. It should be stored in C:Documents/Corel PaintShop Pro/2021(or whatever version you have)/Restricted Scripts. I tried it out and it just seems to put a green haze over a layout or a photo. It was one of the Corel freebies of the week awhile back.

Mary have a nice trip. It is wonderful that you can travel again! Here in Europe we are only allowed to travel to certain countries that are deemed to be safe and only if you are fully vaccinated, tested negative or have proof that you had Covid. The only other option is to stay in your own country and although the Netherlands can be beautiful it is a very small country! But at least somethings are possible yet.

In the mean time I have been selecting and  preparing a lot of my layouts for printing. I always use a printing service where you can create your own photobook, but this is the first time I make one for my scrapbook layouts. I do all of this on my computer and yesterday evening uploaded it. I choose a flat binding because I have many double pages and in my experience the printing service does a good job. Now I just have to wait untill it gets delivered! Of course I had to make a front cover and this is what I came up with. I'll show the book when it is in.

I started playing with Cassel's nested frames; dividing them with promoted layers (thanks, Lynda!). Things got out of hand from there! LOL I twirled the frames around and then applied Cassel's raster-to-mask script to each and then ended up adding a bunch of bird photos I had of a clash between a female cardinal and a pine siskin. Here's the layout I came up with...

Mary,  Enjoy  your travel adventure. Love your map layout and no, I don't mind if you use the layouts.

Ann, I love your newspaper and birds. I recognize the cardinal but not the bird that seems to be swooping down on the cardinal. What is it?

Corrie, Your scrapbook is lovely.

Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves and are sharing some really nice work.

I decided to relive LAB 7-12 -  Speech bubble, Triangle pattern and Streamer. I used the web ding in the shape of a present for the streamer and then I had to find something to do with it.  So , here is my crazy clown layout.

Lynda, Ann,  Here's two of my visiting  (female) Pine Siskins at a feeder. (Male on the branch) Large flocks migrate here to nest. Some will stay, and nest, the bulk of them will fly much further north to nest.  In the Autumn I have hundreds of them coming to feed, making their way back south.  They stay for   16-20 days. Between them and the Goldfinches they consume a vast amount of  feed.

Following the sketch, this is what I came up with _ Mandala Babies! I got the mandala from NicePNG and I've shown Magic's giraffe totem, Sonja's elephant and Logan's bear within it. I got an element showing 3 clouds which I cut apart and made each into a mask for the photos using Cass-Raster-to-Mask script. The font is Birdy. Magic and Sonja will be one in June and Logan will be 4 months at that point. We are all getting together for my granddaughter, Jackie's, wedding June 11.

Edit:  I reduced the opacity of the mandala and changed the animal totems.

Lynda, like most males they are more  brightly coloured, they have  more yellow on their wing  feathers.  I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada.  If you were google Lake Diefenbaker, your have haven an idea of the  geography of the land.  It isn't as flat as people perceive it to be.

Annie, I can hardly wait for my book to arrive. The printing service said approximately friday.

Lynda, nice work, you have no doubt enjoyed yourself making it!

In the meantime I made this card for the friend to whom I send one every week. I duplicated the photo and used one for the background with a lot of blur and some green bokeh tubes. On the second I used a watercolor brush for the mask and 2 simple frames. The text front is Crows and it says Lily of the Valley in Dutch. I aso made the same card with happy birthday on it. I think because of the colors it is very usable for a gentlemen too.