Greeting Card Workshop - 2024

Cassel

@Wendy Sanders You are doing it right. Only if you want to quote someone, you can highlight the phrase or paragraph to quote. Otherwise, you can just post at the bottom of the page.

@kasany That is a cute font. When you use a decorated font, especially with bevels, go easy on the shadows so it does not detract for the details.

@Michele That is a really cute font!

@Jeni SimpsonThat is a great way to showcase those birds.

@Peggy Dyar It is interesting to see the frame halfway over/under elements.

@fiona cook Did you try both the black and white shadows or just opt for white from the start?

@Donna Sillia How did you get the 3D effect on the text for the valentine card?

@Gerry Landreth That is a smart thing to do: be prepared for both options!

@carol Woudema Did you size your project to less than 600 pixels and then size it up? It is strange how it is pixelated.

@Harmony Birch It is never too early to prepare for holiday cards!

@Sue Thomas With all those invitations, we will have a party at your place!

@Anne Lamp I think you might want to fix a typo on "May YOUR future be bright" before sending it out!

@Corrie Kinkel That is a great way to use the stacked wooden alpha.

@Julie Magerka You are totally free to change the theme for any of the cards!

@Randy It is fun to see those abstract designs find a way to embellish a regular card.

@Sheila Hogg It is fun to see the use of extra glyphs!

@Louyse Toupin Be careful resizing images. The flowers are obviously stretched. It is ok to keep them proportional, even if they don't span the whole width.

Still two days to go. This thread is a fantastic source of ideas!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Card 4
I chose a quote from a page of Hallmark quotes.
The fonts are Coral and Garamond for writing the quote.
The tube came from a tuber whose work I enjoy, Riet does tubes from interesting and quirky images.
I loved the hearts along the ribbon layer, so I created my own.
valentines-Card4-jeni-800x571.jpg.9aa601b545583aebf5a6b04ef91bf20c.jpg
Jeni

• Love 16

11 hours ago, Sheila Hogg said:

My number 5. I used a line art image from CF and coloured it in. I used some ribbon elements I have made some other time and recoloured to fit. I used some dotty texture at different sizes. The font from CF is called Christmas Love. TFL.

CardWorkshop-Card5-Resize-SGH-25-05-2024.jpg

I love everything about this layout, Sheila! The colors, the texture, the font... Great work!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I decided to follow the video closely; I need to refresh my techniques. I love how it came out. The balloons are from my stash. The main font is Amsterdam from CF and the font is Billy Signature from FDR (Free Design Resources).

large.CardWorkshop2024Day2600.jpg.3d9c68de3ed9605e0f133ffd28831355.jpg

• Love 15

Hello,

I just got to card #2 today. It was a difficult birth. In the future I will always have to work with the card/templates in PSP  in forum size. The program kept freezing on me. That's why I made them almost exactly as specified. In my opinion it is well suited for a young birthday child.
The star overlay is from DS MarisaL "scifi paper 07-template", the fonts are Sweet Dream and Elegance.

large.DS-CardWorkshop-2-Forumgr.jpg.39ed1796012054a922da5d46ac890a17.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 13

1 minute ago, Michele said:

I decided to follow the video closely; I need to refresh my techniques. I love how it came out. The balloons are from my stash. The main font is Amsterdam from CF and the font is Billy Signature from FDR (Free Design Resources).

Nice card Michele and I like that font too and I have it as well. No surprise there as I live in the Netherlands and Amsterdam is the capital!

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Cassel said:

How did you get the 3D effect on the text for the valentine card?

First, I used a layer style on the vector(25, 50 opacity), then I converted it to a raster and applied an inner bevel(I am sorry, but I forgot which one but probable a thick one.)

• Like 2

Day 4

The Rose is from Creative Fabrica, Paris Valentine Collage Art Tumbler Wrap Graphic by CraftArt · Creative Fabrica. This was free today (May 25, 2024).

The font used is Cheers. It may be this link ... I am unsure where I got it from, but I found this link today Cheers Font - Dafont Free.

I did do a selection around the Ellipse from the template to do a cutout of the rose. It had blank space at top and bottom, so I took a small part and stretched it, at top and bottom. Then I decreased the selection by a percentage, inverted the selection and used Gaussian blur on just the outside of the rose part.

CardWorkshop Card 4a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 12

3 hours ago, Michele said:

Nice card Michele and I like that font too and I have it as well. No surprise there as I live in the Netherlands and Amsterdam is the capital!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Card6-Extra

For this card I followed the tutorial to make a folded card with a text printed inside. Although the card isn't square for me that isn't a problem because my printer and so do I, use European A-4 paper which is better suited for rectangle layouts. I used a photo of an Echinopsis flower and the ribbon is from Chanthalia Desig. The backgroundpaper has an overlay of a honeycomb that I made some time ago. The other papers are colored and one has a little flower again from CD as a pattern, the other a blinds texture. The font is Better Brush and on the inside Berlin sans. The flying bee comes from my stash,

Card6-Extra2024-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 12

Posted (edited)

I had to rotate the whole layout, in order to accommodate the photo that I wanted to use.  Used cass custom calendar, which I edited to suit my needs.  Used the hue map, which I use a lot anyway, to change the colours on the ribbon. Taking a colour from the  photo I then used that colour in the bow 3 script. For the background paper I used the photo as an overlay.  Townsend's Solitaire. Birds migrating  for warmer climes, as winter sets in here. (Autumn)

Day 6.jpg

Day 6 text ribbon.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Love 14

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I had to rotate the whole layout, in order to accommodate the photo that I wanted to use.  Used cass custom calendar, which I edited to suit my needs.  Used the hue map, which I use a lot anyway, to change the colours on the ribbon. Taking a colour from the  photo I then used that colour in the bow 3 script. For the background paper I used the photo as an overlay.  Townsend's Solitaire. Birds migrating  for warmer climes, as winter sets in here. (Autumn)

Day 6.jpg

Day 6 text ribbon.jpg

That is a great ribbon. I love your work.

Edited by Gerry Landreth
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

LESSON SIX - A birthday card for my step-great grand Sonya Ann, for June 26. She and Magic are both 4 in June. Her grandmother is my step-daughter, Beth, and her mother is my step- granddaughter, Alycia. I've been playing with this all day and now forget all the steps I took. Chalk it up to my senior moment! 😜 The font for the names is Dingo Nursery. I had fun with all the colors! The Happy Birthday is clipart as is the cake and numeral 4. I used a cass-floppy bow and applied the blinds texture effect to the ribbons.

SONYA ANNE- BIRTHDAY CARD 2024_600.jpg

• Love 15

Mt day 6 card.  The background is a paper from (Beautiful-Intense-Iridescent-Gradients-18728752)  the font is Fine Hand.  All the elements are ones I have created over the years from screenshot from an Osprey nest I have been watching for a long time.  I went with this background because I thought it looked a little like water and Osprey eat only fish for the most part.

my day 6 card osprey  2   6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 12

1 hour ago, Gerry Landreth said:

That is a great ribbon. I love your work.

I really apprecite your kind words sir!   The main ribbon is one of Carole's lace ribbon script.  As you can see, it's very easy to manipulate and colourize. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Anne Lamp said:

Mt day 6 card.  The background is a paper from (Beautiful-Intense-Iridescent-Gradients-18728752)  the font is Fine Hand.  All the elements are ones I have created over the years from screenshot from an Osprey nest I have been watching for a long time.  I went with this background because I thought it looked a little like water and Osprey eat only fish for the most part.

my day 6 card osprey  2   6.jpg

Nice looking osprey, far better than the ones I saw. Mine are sort of goofy! LOL

osprey_framed_600.jpg

• Haha 6
  • WOW 2
  • Love 5

44 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Nice looking osprey, far better than the ones I saw. Mine are sort of goofy! LOL

osprey_framed_600.jpg

All bird photos taken face on, as you put it look goofy.  I tend not to use  face on shots, as many look very angry, which doesn't do them any justice. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1