Greeting Card Workshop - 2024

Cassel

Card 6. The image is from Freepik. The ribbon was created using a script. Font is called Handmade (from Creative Fabrica). The green border has a simple line added to it as a pattern.

card 6 pic600.jpg

card 6 600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 12

Number 7. Last one. Great challenge and wonderful results by everybody. Well done to you all and thank you Carole for exceding fabulous vids and ideas to stimulate the creative juices. Just a simple one to finish. I used a lovely image from Graphic Fairy and 41.TTF font from CF. TFL.

CardWorkshop-Card7.SGH-26-05-2024.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 15

And here is card 7 and already the last one. It is said before but I have enjoyed doing this workshop for the 2nd time and a refresher is always a good thing. Inevitably there are things that I have forgotten! I have loved seeing all the different cards made from the same templates and the inspiration they provide. Carole thank you for hosting this class again.

This card is made for a friend who will turn 75 next month. I did a background as well because I want to print it as a double card. The photo I took some time ago from a bouquet I got. The lace comes from my stash, I think it was a freebie by Carole and I placed it on some sort of a ribbon for better visibility. The corner is a brushset of 4 floral corners that I found somewhere a very long time ago.

kaart 75 jaar-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 15

Answer to Carole's question above: I scanned the picture on one of my Birthday cards for Lesson 1. I am behind on all the lessons due to  2 tornadoes and golf ball size hail hitting our area in Temple and Belton TX on Wednesday May 22. We were out of power until yesterday evening and have a lot of clean-up work to do. Lost 2 trees, many tree limbs and need a new roof, but we are thankful that we and the cats are OK. Many people and businesses lost everything . I will keep working on the lessons, they will help me think of other things than tornadoes.

• Sad 5
  • Love 2

@Bonnie Borntrager

@Jeni Simpson I LOVE that font you chose!

@Sharla Great theme for that card and the image is very appropriate for an achievement!

@Petra Nuijten You will still have a week to catch up. Looking forward to your projects.

@Sue Thomas It is a great idea not to add a shadow. If you did, it would have to be quite faint anyways.

@Doska St. Is that happening only with 2023 but not with other versions?

@Michele Were the butterflies already in those colors or did you need to colorize them?

@kasany I think that the very fancy and delicate font you used would work better (easier to read) with no shadow at all.

@Bonnie Ballentine  For the card "I am rich", I wonder if the text reads well in full size? If not, maybe it can be emphasized with a glow around it?

@Anne Lamp I would not necessarily have noticed the template you used if it was not the fact that I was using that same template in the book I am writing, and I was on that chapter!

@MoniqueN. I don't know if you did it on purpose or how you did it, but the sort of "see-through" on the left of the watercolor scene is very interesting.

@fiona cook I am glad that the classic Materials Properties has helped you.

@Gerry Landreth I am glad you enjoyed the workshop.

@Donna Sillia I think that the text on the banners could be done with the Text on path, so you could have it follow the banners more.

@Harmony Birch It is fine to tweak the templates. That is the beauty of templates! I think that on the last card, you flipped the ribbon. It shows as the lighting on the bevel is now in the wrong direction.

@Sheila Hogg Thank you for your kind words. I am also thrilled by all the cards that were created.

@Peggy Dyar For the corner punches, have you thought of using the guides?

@Corrie Kinkel I always love to see your little logo on each card. It looks so professional!

@Louyse Toupin On your card, if you have a black outline on text, you don't need as much of a shadow. In fact, you can even skip the shadow since that outline creates a nice definition of the edges.

@carol Woudema Again, I think you resized the photo incorrectly. Those poor ladies will have a headache! Did you check out this article on resizing photos?

@Anita Wyatt I am glad you are safe. Things can always be replaced. I am sure you will have time to catch up.

Today was the last tutorial of the Workshop. Tomorrow will be my last day of adding comments to each poster, but the thread will stay open so even if you are still taking a few days to finish, you will still be able to post.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

@Bonnie Borntrager

@Sharla Great theme for that card and the image is very appropriate for an achievement!

@Petra Nuijten You will still have a week to catch up. Looking forward to your projects.

@Sue Thomas It is a great idea not to add a shadow. If you did, it would have to be quite faint anyways.

@Doska St. Is that happening only with 2023 but not with other versions?

@Michele Were the butterflies already in those colors or did you need to colorize them?

@kasany I think that the very fancy and delicate font you used would work better (easier to read) with no shadow at all.

@Bonnie Ballentine  For the card "I am rich", I wonder if the text reads well in full size? If not, maybe it can be emphasized with a glow around it?

@Anne Lamp I would not necessarily have noticed the template you used if it was not the fact that I was using that same template in the book I am writing, and I was on that chapter!

@MoniqueN. I don't know if you did it on purpose or how you did it, but the sort of "see-through" on the left of the watercolor scene is very interesting.

@fiona cook I am glad that the classic Materials Properties has helped you.

@Gerry Landreth I am glad you enjoyed the workshop.

@Donna Sillia I think that the text on the banners could be done with the Text on path, so you could have it follow the banners more.

@Harmony Birch It is fine to tweak the templates. That is the beauty of templates! I think that on the last card, you flipped the ribbon. It shows as the lighting on the bevel is now in the wrong direction.

@Sheila Hogg Thank you for your kind words. I am also thrilled by all the cards that were created.

@Peggy Dyar For the corner punches, have you thought of using the guides?

@Corrie Kinkel I always love to see your little logo on each card. It looks so professional!

@Louyse Toupin On your card, if you have a black outline on text, you don't need as much of a shadow. In fact, you can even skip the shadow since that outline creates a nice definition of the edges.

@carol Woudema Again, I think you resized the photo incorrectly. Those poor ladies will have a headache! Did you check out this article on resizing photos?

@Anita Wyatt I am glad you are safe. Things can always be replaced. I am sure you will have time to catch up.

Today was the last tutorial of the Workshop. Tomorrow will be my last day of adding comments to each poster, but the thread will stay open so even if you are still taking a few days to finish, you will still be able to post.

I struggled with that, Carole. I didn't thing of a glow. It does read better full size but still is not great. I will try the glow. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

Card 6 at last.
I found this beautiful tube of ships at sea and thought of all my ancestors who travelled to New Zealand from various ports around the world, so thought to wish them all Bon Voyage on their 2-3 month journeys.
I used a font I have always loved, Papyrus. It has been around forever, and I love the beauty of this font.
I added a light drop shadow to the ellipse of the image because it was a soft tube.
Jeni
Bon-Voyage-Card6-jeni-600x600.jpg.3e3674c5ffdf9574251d721df0be59fd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 11

Card 7, at last.
I wanted this card to be softer and more feminine than others I have completed.
I chose a photograph I took many years ago of a rose bush, although just the roses, I wanted a bouquet-ish look.
The ribbon comes from Melo Vrijhof of Digital Scrapbook. This was colourised to match the lemon coloured rose at the bottom of the photograph, using Adjust > Hue and Saturation > Hue Map, something I had never noticed before, thank you, Carole.
The font I used is one of my favourites, Romantically Free for personal by maisfontes. I angled it to fit in line with the ribbon without having to reduce to too small a size, and, I think, it works on the angle.
Jeni
HappyBirthdayRoses-Card7-800x571-jeni.jpg.608e514061829878802b807966fb45f6.jpg

• Love 15

2 hours ago, Cassel said:

Thank you, Carole, I was delighted at how it looked, it is such a clean and good-looking font. Tup Wanders, from the Netherlands, created the font and it is available for free on a few font sites, eg, Da Font, Font Squirrel, Font Space, 1001 Fonts, and possibly others.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cassel said:

There were a bunch of butterflies in different colors. I picked these because I wanted to go with a more colorful card. I did consider colorizing some grey tone butterflies, but I liked these colors.

• Like 1

Lessons 6 (extra template) & 7

The grad pic is actually a former college student of mine who went on to law school and invited me to his call to the bar.

The 100th birthday pic is a former teacher of mine who celebrated that milestone a couple of years ago and is still with us. She did get many greetings and cards for that occasion.

SBC Greeting Card 6 extra 2024 May.jpg

SBC Greeting Card 7 2024 May_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 10

I created the card with my peony photo as a 5"x7" 1500x2100 and decided to set the envelope up to suit UK A4 standard size so I can use it for future.

A4 210x297mm = 8.3"x11.7"". In pixels (8.3x300dpi) 2490 x3510. I hope I have understood this. The envelope (not shown) was a little clunky where I had applied the Pic tool Perspective scale on the flaps so I might redo that. I also liked the idea of printing a design on the envelope or maybe a pretend stamp. The font on card is The Billion. Loved the lace. So pretty.

Card 7.jpg

• Love 10