Template Workshop 2024

Cassel

3 hours ago, kasany said:

Day4. Outsige  is fine but better inside. Not only Teddy Bear thinks so; ) Done without scripts but probably it would be easier with  them;)

T4.jpg

Good for you doing the masks without the script! I did learn how to do that, but the script makes it so much easier. Love Teddy!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lesson 2 done.

The photos used on this page were obtained from royalty free websites, sorry, I can't remember the names of the websites. Thank you for the lesson @Cassel. Everything is so clearly explained. I took many courses during the '90 learning how to use Paintshop Pro's many features and your lessons are helping me to refresh my memory.

jmb Lesson 2-600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 10

36 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

@Cassel - Is there some reason why you are only using "clip-to-it" and not "raster-to-mask" scripts? I have usually used the clip/to script for papers and accessories, and the raster/mask for photos in the past. 

Good question. The Clip to it script was created to simulate the "clipping mask" in Photoshop, and it will use the paper/photo you place on top of the shape.

The Raster-to-mask will do the same thing as the Clip to it EXCEPT that it will stop at the mask creation while the Clip to it will ALSO grab the layer above (paper or photo) and move it inside the mask group.

So the Clip to it might be more convenient when you want to use a specific image/paper, while the Raster to mask will stop after the mask group creation when you might not yet have decided on the paper/photo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Good question. The Clip to it script was created to simulate the "clipping mask" in Photoshop, and it will use the paper/photo you place on top of the shape.

The Raster-to-mask will do the same thing as the Clip to it EXCEPT that it will stop at the mask creation while the Clip to it will ALSO grab the layer above (paper or photo) and move it inside the mask group.

So the Clip to it might be more convenient when you want to use a specific image/paper, while the Raster to mask will stop after the mask group creation when you might not yet have decided on the paper/photo.

Thank you for this explanation.  I've been using the long way so I don't forget how, but the scripts are great if I have a ton of masks to do.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bina greene said:

@Cassel: It is the entire eye-candy collection.....

I'll look into it but the last I was in touch with the developers and they said that it EyeCandy was not 100% compatible with PSP. Which version are you using?

Day 6. Technically, the pictures were taken at Gulf Shores. As a veteran Miamian, I understand the difference between a gulf and the ocean. However, Felix, who is six months old, and Amelia, who is three, are not interested in nuance. Besides, nuanced accuracy would have gotten in the way of the fun title I found.

The kit is from Throwing Some Scrap Around by Jodi Watson, which I found on Go Digital Scrapbooking. Unfortunately, the website does not seem to be operational. The font is Hey Beach from Creative Fabrica.

GNL-2024-TemplateWorkshop-Day06B-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 12

14 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Royanne Hewko That is a nice way to showcase those smiling faces.

@sharon thompson If you hate tubing, maybe you need my special tutorial. It makes extractions so much easier. Check the tutorial.

@MoniqueN. Wow, that was a lot of work in a short time to catch up!

@Leslie Gifford Cook Those turned items are fantastic!!

@[email protected] Have you considered using white text instead of a white outline? It might make it easier to read.

@Anne Lamp Those magnolia photos are beautiful! It is nice when people can share where they got their supplies from, but to be honest, we don't always remember and sometimes, the filenames are not saying much either so don't worry if you don't have that information to share.

@Mary Solaas it is interesting to see a project with images that are not photos, but it looks great!

@Ann Seeber Sometimes, kids are easy to mix up, especially when you don't have them 24/7. I have one layout with a photo and I don't know which one of my boys it is!

@Harmony Birch While we have biting cold and snow, we will enjoy the progress of your garden!

@Donna Silliareddish I don't know if it has something to do with resizing, but some photos seem to have a reddish tint. It might be due to the lighting inside the gym. Maybe you can try the Fade Correction command to see if you can recover the "normal" colors. Check this tutorial.

@Sheila Hogglove I love how you used the dial as the round element!

@Sharla Did you use a cutout effect on the text for your Fun in the Sun layout? It looks like it, and it looks great.

@France Rivest I am not fond of bugs, but those photos are great.

@bina greene Which plugins are you unable to install in PSP? If needed, let me know in an email so I can look into it for you.

@Susan Ewart You are not the only one whose post I had to approve. Unless I am away from the computer (which is not often), I can approve the legit posts fairly quickly. Those flowers definitely look like they are dancing!

@Corrie Kinkel Stay safe as we don't want you to hurt yourself either. I am glad to see you use something you learned from another workshop!

@Julie Magerka You can add the shadows on your original layout and use it then.

So many beautiful layouts of various types. Keep them coming. Tomorrow will offer you the last templates and the last tutorial.

Carole, thank you so much for the Fade Correction reminder. I remember learning this technique and completely forgot it. I will definitely remember it for future uses. Here is the template with the pictures corrected.

dsThomasfadecorrection.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Day 6 - The photos are compliments of my future daughter in law, Lane. She works for a company that does Disney parties for children. The gold dot background is one of my own as is the blue overlay with a lowered opacity. The scalloped ribbons are my own texture, scalloped using cass quick scallop script(what a time saver!). The roses and leaves are from a package that I purchased from deeezy.com. The font is Hilender Rhapsody from Creative Fabrica. I used layer styles for the font, but wanted it to "pop" more and applied Hue and Saturation. The crown is a preset shape that was created from a font. I used VectorTube to apply the diamonds, a directional tube that I made using cassdirectiontube script.

dsprincess.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 11

Day 7.   Thank you Carole for the templates.  I used the diamond membership template.   I used a kit from Connie Prince Prickly.  Font Fira Sans ExtraBold, Exotc350 Bd BT and Times New Roman.   I used Cass GrassTexture script on the word "grass".   Speaking of the clip to it script, it is one of my most favourite scrips, I use it all the time when working with templates.  I really enjoy seeing all of the great layouts.

7 cass-Template7-DIAMOND.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 8

This is Template 6 (extra). I  am so sick of it by now. I dither around and arrange and re-arrange and then dither some more and try different effects...until I make myself crazy! All images from online (Pixabay, I think). Changed the texture to one in my stash. Two fonts: Dry  Hard Sans and Merry Jolly, both with gradient fills.

2024 Jan Templ 6 ice _600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 9

Day 7. Noah has been doing modeling and commercials. In one, he had to portray a child who was happily playing and suddenly dramatically sick. While the director praised his talent, his mother realized she saw the same behavior when she yelled, "Time to go to school!" Is it talent or practice?

The kit is a collaboration called Boy of Mine from Go Digital Scrapbooking. The font is Nonplussed from Creative Market.

GNL-2024-TemplateWorkshop-Day07-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 11

Day 7 assignment done.... and not without some pain involved. I was concentrating on getting all the elements resized & placed between all the layers and I forgot to save a copy here and there while working. Near the end, my crop tool had a hissy fit and somehow cropped all the layers & I could not undo. There was nothing on the Corel website or forum except some instances of crop tools getting stuck. So, when in doubt, start again. The papers are from a kit by Aimee Harrison and also from Freepik. The top part of the text is part of wordart from Creative Fabrica but I substituted a real rolling pin with Minion font lettering on it.  The photos are all snagged from the internet and I tubed several of them (sorry about that crappy shadow on the tarts but the picture was the last one that I tubed (for the second time) so I let it go since supper is now two hours overdue.  Thanks to Cassel for a great workshop. I learned a lot (sometimes the hard way) but I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

TP7 sharon (small).jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 12

Here is my Number 7 and last Template result. I have loved every moment of these workshplessons despite being very wobbly at times.This has been a good distraction for me.Thanks to Carole for putting them up for us and thanks to all who participated, some fabulous results.

Cass Template 7-SGH-21-01-2024.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 11

Day 6

What a great video using the blend modes with the textured paper.  I used the paper (blue) from the kit as I new I wanted blue anyway. Blend mode used was Multiply.  the layer above I had a metal element (was a brass metal clock outer ring element) that I resized to the the blue paper fully then used the blend mode Dodge to make it look like it was part of the paper design (opacity of clock lowered to 38).  Ditto for the faint clock hands at 9 and 12, using a blend mode of Softlight and reduce opacity to 57.  Title has an inner bevel.  Paper doily I used HSL to make it a light ivory instead of stark white.  Tiny white clock I added an inner bevel as well.  I had a weird message about not being able to save.  I'm not super happy with the title fill but was having such issues saving that I just went with it in case catastrophe struck.

The deets:

Background paper: Riley B Graphics (Creative Fabrica)

Blue Paper and white clock face:  Janet Scott - elegant autumn mini kit (Digital Scrapbook) 

Bottom flowers/clock ring/clock hands/wings: (on blue paper):  Kerry Dempsy -KMRD Steampunk Elements (Digital Scrapbook)

Bee Wax Seal: Billie Irene Steampunk something or other kit (Digital Scrapbook)

Font: Samantha Upright (Creative Fabrica) - used glyphs on "S" "t" and "s" 

TempWS Day 6-Stages-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 3
  • Love 10