Template Workshop 2024

Cassel

1 hour ago, Sharla said:

Day six: The photos are mine, taken a couple of years ago. The papers and teacup are from the Afternoon Daffodil kit by Jessica Dunn - I changed the background paper by adding a pattern of daffodils to it from a png graphic from Freepik. The glitter bits are from somewhere else – I can’t remember where. The font is Righteous.

spring2 600.jpg

I love that little lamb in the top picture.  This is what happiness looks like!

• Like 3
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Royanne Hewko said:

Day 6.   I am on time ...... Another great handout.   I really like the reverse shadow, I have saved the PDF for future reference.  I did not use the flowers as I wanted it more horsey!!!!

6 cass-Template6.jpg

...and who doesn't want more horsey.  They are the best!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Day 6

Today I'm sticking with my flowers but this photo is from last spring and I choose it because I'm fed up with the cold and the remnants of the snow that makes the footpaths slippery! The timing of this workshop is great as we, my hubby and I are getting a little bit afraid of taking a fall on those slippery paths/roads and that is maybe a sensible thing regarding our ages. Why don't I like being sensible.............. 

I wanted to use this photo and therefore I used the extra diamond template because I could combine the mask layers in one layer (something we learned in the Magazine Workshop). The papers come from a kit called Denim and I got the dark background by using 2 papers and a blendmode. I really like using the blendmodes and in PSP 2023 that has become so easy. Instead of using the flowers that are in the kit I have chosen I bouquet from my stash. The font is Prida01 and that one has nice glyphs and I gave the text a bevel. 

Template Workshop-day6-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 15

Day 5

First, apologies for really messing with the template.  I did keep the round circle that the stitching was around and turned it into a mask and fit the moon (yup, I did some unspeakable things to the moon to make it not as real).  Also, the little flower on the (*Ahem*) private "underparts" of the moon (you know, it looks like a cat walking away from you with it's tail up).  They are right in the spots they started at too.  I couldn't seem to make the template work with the small pictures like I have in the past so I had to improvise.  I used "text on a path" for the quote around the moon, and wanted to add the author but it would have looked weird with a big gap of small lettering.  For both the title and the quote I used a layer style of outer glow.  That is an odd thing.  I had it at the lowest possible setting and 50% opacity and it's really still too big.  I did have to lower the opacity of the layer as well so it wasn't too overwhelming.  I wonder if there is a better way, and not have to use the layer style as there is not much fine control with it.  Once I had that I turned the font color black.  The stars was a starry background paper I got somewhere, that I put above the photo layers and used "screen" blend mode.  I thought these subjects looked like they were dancing when I shot them, they are the Forgotten Moonflower Fairy Queens.

Font: Title is Morgan Tattoo and the quote font is Morning both by Creative Fabrica

Quote: by Avijeet Das

Little Flower: Digi-Dewi -Relax, flower-brown (Digital Scrapbook.com)

TempWS Day 5 - The Dance-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • WOW 1
  • Love 10

5 hours ago, Leslie Gifford Cook said:

A few more of my turnings.  The darning mushroom is made from a piece of a lilac bush.  You should be able to just see the purple lines in it.  The sawdust smells a lot like the flowers.  The pendant and earrings are made from some small pieces of tulip wood.  The papers I used all came from Marisa Lerin's DigitalScrapbook.com. 

Day 2 - Masks-600.jpg

Darning! OMG. Haven't seen a darning tool (usually for socks in my experience) for ages. This is lovely.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Day 6

Today I'm sticking with my flowers but this photo is from last spring and I choose it because I'm fed up with the cold and the remnants of the snow that makes the footpaths slippery! The timing of this workshop is great as we, my hubby and I are getting a little bit afraid of taking a fall on those slippery paths/roads and that is maybe a sensible thing regarding our ages. Why don't I like being sensible.............. 

I wanted to use this photo and therefore I used the extra diamond template because I could combine the mask layers in one layer (something we learned in the Magazine Workshop). The papers come from a kit called Denim and I got the dark background by using 2 papers and a blendmode. I really like using the blendmodes and in PSP 2023 that has become so easy. Instead of using the flowers that are in the kit I have chosen I bouquet from my stash. The font is Prida01 and that one has nice glyphs and I gave the text a bevel. 

wow Corrie, those flowers are beautiful.  (the real ones you photographed).  About why you don't like being sensible....because it makes you feel older than you are.  No matter how old I get..."sensible" will always seem like something "older" (than me) people should do and not me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Susan Ewart said:

wow Corrie, those flowers are beautiful.  (the real ones you photographed).  About why you don't like being sensible....because it makes you feel older than you are.  No matter how old I get..."sensible" will always seem like something "older" (than me) people should do and not me.

Ditto for me!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Day 5

First, apologies for really messing with the template.  I did keep the round circle that the stitching was around and turned it into a mask and fit the moon (yup, I did some unspeakable things to the moon to make it not as real).  Also, the little flower on the (*Ahem*) private "underparts" of the moon (you know, it looks like a cat walking away from you with it's tail up).  They are right in the spots they started at too.  I couldn't seem to make the template work with the small pictures like I have in the past so I had to improvise.  I used "text on a path" for the quote around the moon, and wanted to add the author but it would have looked weird with a big gap of small lettering.  For both the title and the quote I used a layer style of outer glow.  That is an odd thing.  I had it at the lowest possible setting and 50% opacity and it's really still too big.  I did have to lower the opacity of the layer as well so it wasn't too overwhelming.  I wonder if there is a better way, and not have to use the layer style as there is not much fine control with it.  Once I had that I turned the font color black.  The stars was a starry background paper I got somewhere, that I put above the photo layers and used "screen" blend mode.  I thought these subjects looked like they were dancing when I shot them, they are the Forgotten Moonflower Fairy Queens.

Font: Title is Morgan Tattoo and the quote font is Morning both by Creative Fabrica

Quote: by Avijeet Das

Little Flower: Digi-Dewi -Relax, flower-brown (Digital Scrapbook.com)

TempWS Day 5 - The Dance-600.jpg

Very dramatic and effective. Dark colours are not used very often, and I like the effect. Poor moon, all those "unspeakable" things you did!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I agree but the problem is that people older than me are really old (between 80 and 90! ) so that means I'm getting old!😢 However as long I can learn a new skill like script my brain does what it is suppoost to do! Which is a reassuring thought and yah "always look at the bright side of life" according to Monty Python

• Like 2
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

To all - WHERE is that font with the cutout on top called Winter Vibes.  I checked with Creative Fabrica and the only Winter Vibes (which I downloaded to see if there was anything such as a cutout to place on top of the letters - which it didn't).  I searched through Creative Fabrica and couldn't find but one which had a cutout group that went on top of the font but wasn't anything like what you have shown.  I also checked with DaFont, but it didn't recognize Winter Vibes.

I have that one too but I have no idea where it came from. As I have many fonts from Creative Fabrica I assumed it came from them, sorry haven't documented where I got it, will have another look.

• Like 1

Corrie, I am almost "really old"...79. Age is just a number to me. Some say your age is the number of years the world has been enjoying you. I did realize yesterday that others see me as really old. Two neighbor children came over to shovel my sidewalk and a neighbor who owns a tractor came to plow my driveway. While I can still do those things, it was a real blessing to have the help this time.

I am really enjoying this workshop. I have day 6 almost complete but all of you will have to wait until I return. I leave tomorrow for sunny, warm (hopefully) Florida for a pickleball clinic. It will be a nice change from our frigid and snow covered ground. I am flying this time so I will not take a computer. I'll have my tablet so I hope to be able to check in but will have no new layouts until I return on Thursday PM. 

Judy is so confused by this trip, she has been no help and at times a real hinderance. Any change to the "normal" routine throws her for a loop. We will not be taking any other trips for a long time. This trip was planned months ago and I did not realize how quickly Judy would decline. Thankfully, we are traveling with friends who really love Judy and will help where they can. Of course, they should not give up any of the activities they paid for. I am sure it will be a delightful time...and we plan lots of board games too! Everyone stay warm, keep creativing and I'll see you when I get back.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Corrie, I am almost "really old"...79. Age is just a number to me. Some say your age is the number of years the world has been enjoying you. I did realize yesterday that others see me as really old. Two neighbor children came over to shovel my sidewalk and a neighbor who owns a tractor came to plow my driveway. While I can still do those things, it was a real blessing to have the help this time.

I am really enjoying this workshop. I have day 6 almost complete but all of you will have to wait until I return. I leave tomorrow for sunny, warm (hopefully) Florida for a pickleball clinic. It will be a nice change from our frigid and snow covered ground. I am flying this time so I will not take a computer. I'll have my tablet so I hope to be able to check in but will have no new layouts until I return on Thursday PM. 

Judy is so confused by this trip, she has been no help and at times a real hinderance. Any change to the "normal" routine throws her for a loop. We will not be taking any other trips for a long time. This trip was planned months ago and I did not realize how quickly Judy would decline. Thankfully, we are traveling with friends who really love Judy and will help where they can. Of course, they should not give up any of the activities they paid for. I am sure it will be a delightful time...and we plan lots of board games too! Everyone stay warm, keep creativing and I'll see you when I get back.

I've said it before.  You are an amazing friend to Judy(and to all your friends, I am sure) and a real powerhouse, so inspiring to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Julie Magerka said:

Very dramatic and effective. Dark colours are not used very often, and I like the effect. Poor moon, all those "unspeakable" things you did!

hahaha, I know, right (poor, poor Moon).  But don't feel sorry for it....isn't it always "mooning" us?

• Haha 2

Day 6 assignment done. Kept to the template this time. I am learning so many new tricks like that "reversed shadow".  The papers are from Freepik. Font is Polar Vortex (free from Dafont). The intricate snowflakes are part of a larger set that are available for purchase from Jane Creative over at Creative Fabrica.  I tried adjusting the settings on the photos to get the two red jackets to match a bit better but gave up after several attempts and instead ended up with an underlying red paper that was halfway between the two colors in the jackets.  

TP6 sharon (small).jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 14

This is regular Template #4. I'm just keeping the templates as they are, not rearranging or changing much. It takes me longer to find an idea for the layout than to actually do it!

The font is Lemon with some embossing added. The background paper has paintbrush work by ET Designs, and the images come from Unsplash, bless their hearts since I don't take many photos. Just realized I forgot shadows, regular or reverse! My bad.

2024 Jan Templ 4 SBC sailing_600.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 4
  • Love 12

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I've said it before.ou are an amazing friend to Judy(and to all your friends, I am sure) and a real powerhouse, so inspiring to me.

I agree with Susan. You are such a devoted friend. Having people like you in one's life is a real blessing. Good luck on the trip.

• Like 5

Regular Template #5. Took a few liberties with this one and changed some elements. All pix from Unsplash, as usual.

I'm having a hard time trying to keep up with all the layouts in this workshop. So many and so much variety and creativity. Carole must be up all night looking at them and commenting. Applause to y'all!

2024 Jan Templ 5 SBC meerkat_600.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 4
  • Love 12

@Royanne Hewko That is a nice way to showcase those smiling faces.

@sharon thompson If you hate tubing, maybe you need my special tutorial. It makes extractions so much easier. Check the tutorial.

@MoniqueN. Wow, that was a lot of work in a short time to catch up!

@Leslie Gifford Cook Those turned items are fantastic!!

@[email protected] Have you considered using white text instead of a white outline? It might make it easier to read.

@Anne Lamp Those magnolia photos are beautiful! It is nice when people can share where they got their supplies from, but to be honest, we don't always remember and sometimes, the filenames are not saying much either so don't worry if you don't have that information to share.

@Mary Solaas it is interesting to see a project with images that are not photos, but it looks great!

@Ann Seeber Sometimes, kids are easy to mix up, especially when you don't have them 24/7. I have one layout with a photo and I don't know which one of my boys it is!

@Harmony Birch While we have biting cold and snow, we will enjoy the progress of your garden!

@Donna Silliareddish I don't know if it has something to do with resizing, but some photos seem to have a reddish tint. It might be due to the lighting inside the gym. Maybe you can try the Fade Correction command to see if you can recover the "normal" colors. Check this tutorial.

@Sheila Hogglove I love how you used the dial as the round element!

@Sharla Did you use a cutout effect on the text for your Fun in the Sun layout? It looks like it, and it looks great.

@France Rivest I am not fond of bugs, but those photos are great.

@bina greene Which plugins are you unable to install in PSP? If needed, let me know in an email so I can look into it for you.

@Susan Ewart You are not the only one whose post I had to approve. Unless I am away from the computer (which is not often), I can approve the legit posts fairly quickly. Those flowers definitely look like they are dancing!

@Corrie Kinkel Stay safe as we don't want you to hurt yourself either. I am glad to see you use something you learned from another workshop!

@Julie Magerka You can add the shadows on your original layout and use it then.

So many beautiful layouts of various types. Keep them coming. Tomorrow will offer you the last templates and the last tutorial.

I greatly altered the template and made it into something else entirely.  I wanted to really show off our lovely Rosie = AKA Rosalyn Grace.  Also her dad hadn't made it into my projects yet, or her grandmom - Carole (my sister).

Rosie.jpg

Edited by Julian Adams
  • Like 1
  • Love 13

9 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Day 6

I'm younger than you are, but slippery wheater and because I broke my upperarm and tibia plateau a few years ago, we don't like to go outside either with this wheater. If our dog dies, we won't get another one (after 40 years!) , so we don't need to go outside with this kind of wheater.🙂

I like, as always, your layout, spring is in the air with that one!🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

Day 5  Moon photos are mine. Font is Castellar. I have lost track of where the background and other stuff are from. I didn't make notes while working on it.

my day 5 600.jpg

Tha background colour is so nice with this project! And love the fairy too 🙂

• Like 2

day 3 

I made again my own papers with Quicktile scripts and I made the border around the photo with Stiches by Cassel

large.cass-Template3-anja-jan24.jpg.1d7c1b5359328c12d089061a79889245.jpg

day 4

here I made the paper with a color from the photo and added a wooden texture

large.cass-Template4-anja-jan24.jpg.4e780a933c19ba89ffa68a45a7c0fd31.jpg

day 5

I used the Kit Introspective by Jen Yurko,  the little tag is filled by me with the pentablet,

I clipped a paper from the kit to the ricrac.

large.cass-Template5-anja-jan24-jy_instrospective.jpg.cba647e08b99f1e47da6fd2dbec710bc.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 12

11 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Day 6

WOW!

• Like 2