What are you working on (in November 2023)?

Cassel

I have found a mockup that I liked and have used the photo of a California Condor  (from the internet). I have seen those birds on my visit to the Grand Canyon, but it was impossible to get somewhere near them to take a photo. There were photographers with a mighty telelens that couldn't take a good photo of them either. I have given the bird a shadow because in the image is a shadow too with light coming from the left. When I have time I might search for another mockup for another photo, but I wanted to give this a try.

Mockup-600.jpg

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
  • Like 2
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

You really have been a very busy girl!  Here is that word again. Ineffable!!!!!!  From some of the comments you have made,  it appears to me that you have revelled in the scripting class, with  possibly some frustrations.  You should be proud with what you have achieved.  To top it off, I'm chuffed to bits that you have included  my ribbon tree, in your presentation page. 

Thank you and at least I now know what "ineffable" means! You are right about the frustrations but the wish to understand and use this scripting has by far outweighed it. But the course is not over yet, after this week comes the last module of 5 lessons. But I'll take a break for the Calendar Workshop, one of my favorites! Besides all this, your ribbon tree was perfect for a postage stamp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I have found a mockup that I liked and have used the photo of a California Condor  (from the internet). I have seen those birds on my visit to the Grand Canyon, but it was impossible to get somewhere near them to take a photo. There were photographers with a mighty telelens that couldn't take a good photo of them either. I have given the bird a shadow because in the image is a shadow too with light coming from the left. When I have time I might search for another mockup for another photo, but I wanted to give this a try.

Mockup-600.jpg

You did a grand job, your choice of subject is also fantastic. We have the Turkey Vultures. I just love them. 

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Seeing all the above OOB's I will have to go and search for some mockups that I like and that will go with my photos.

In the mean time I like to show what I have been up to with the scripting course. I have posted there my result but that is only visible for the members of the course, so I will post it here too. I have been making my first "real" script, not something for practice only. I made a postage stamp script that can use landscape, portrait or square format with a border for which you can choose the color. You can choose to have no text or with a simple text for which you can again select the color. When testing I used some X-mas related images, so I can use them this year. I have used the "ribbon tree", that Sue T has generously shared with us last year, for one of the postage stamps. Thanks again Sue! The Kinderdijk postage stamp was the one I used to code the script so I could adapt it for the other formats, colors and text.

CK-Postage Stamp-600.jpg

Fabulous work Corrie.  You are doing so well with scripting.  You are almost done!  What an incredible accomplishment for you and everyone in the group.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Well, here's another unfamiliar phrase, though I've seen you use it before. My own take on "chuff" is the sound an adult tiger makes in greeting! LOL But here's the explanation for your use of "chuffed" - "It means ‘pleased’ but there are various different levels of chuftness:

Chuffed - standard level, mildly pleased

Highly chuffed - more than just chuffed

Well chuffed - satisfied as well as pleased

Chuffed to bits - thrilled

Seriously chuffed - said by usually men who don’t want to admit how chuffed they really are.

Dead chuffed - The ultimate in chuftness ie You couldn’t be more chuffed."

Very cool words, love Dead chuffed cause I like the definition  word used:  "chuftness".  

• Haha 2

Daily Look for today. I decided to go with a poster feel. The bell and the ornament on the top are from CF. I've had Santa with his sleigh for so long that I don't remember where it came from. The snowflakes are a picture tube I made several years ago and the font is Kirvy (I know; you'd expect it to be curvy!). I had fun changing the color of the overlapping portions of the elements.

large.FABDLBrooklynHolidayBazaar!600.jpg.7318f6078ee3da867dd471f2fab89cc8.jpg

• Love 10

1 hour ago, Michele said:

Daily Look for today. I decided to go with a poster feel. The bell and the ornament on the top are from CF. I've had Santa with his sleigh for so long that I don't remember where it came from. The snowflakes are a picture tube I made several years ago and the font is Kirvy (I know; you'd expect it to be curvy!). I had fun changing the color of the overlapping portions of the elements.

You always do such a cracking job, on whatever you put your mouse or stylus  to. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are quickly approaching  the Winter Solstice,  which entails the festive season.   This year's advent calendars for my little girls are already  en route.  Seeing as Michele has posted a  lovely Xmas  page, and mentions having fun colouring.  I thought I'd post some of the dates that are printed onto  multi purpose removable labels. (11/2 x 11/2  inches) which are easy for the girls to peel off.  I have a nice large collection of Xmas monogram fonts which I use, and grows with  each year.  I use the same font for the numbers( Ariel).   Colouring is time consuming, but I really do  enjoy the tediousness of  it. 

advent day 3.jpg

advent day 9.jpg

advent 2022 19-24 days.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 10

8 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Very cool words, love Dead chuffed cause I like the definition  word used:  "chuftness".  

Although I use the words thrilled, pleased, delighted, and the list goes on, to use the word chuffed lifts the meaning of those to a higher level. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

We are quickly approaching  the Winter Solstice,  which entails the festive season.   This year's advent calendars for my little girls are already  en route.  Seeing as Michele has posted a  lovely Xmas  page, and mentions having fun colouring.  I thought I'd post some of the dates that are printed onto  multi purpose removable labels. (11/2 x 11/2  inches) which are easy for the girls to peel off.  I have a nice large collection of Xmas monogram fonts which I use, and grows with  each year.  I use the same font for the numbers( Ariel).   Colouring is time consuming, but I really do  enjoy the tediousness of  it. 

advent day 3.jpg

advent day 9.jpg

advent 2022 19-24 days.jpg

It is NEVER to earl for Christmas for me.  These are fabulous.  Your organization skills are an art in themselves. Getting everything made and out the door on time is really something. When I'm stressed, I organize.  I've seemed have lost my touch with it though.  

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 11:50 PM, Julie Magerka said:

November to me is always about Remembrance, especially during the first half of the month. I have done a lot of research into WWI and WWII service people from my hometown area in order to write biographies of them for the Legion. The more I learn, the more humbled I am.

This is my FB cover page for this month. I make one every month...since I can...thanks to this group and Carole!

23 Rem Day FB cover.jpg

Beautiful. Hope your design can be used for some of the remembrance activities on Armistice day.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Michele said:

I thought of you and your Divas when I vent to an exhibition in London recently called Divas. It's at the V&A museum. Wonderful costumes from actresses to musicians and a few male Divas too (Elton John, Freddie Mercury),

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, fiona cook said:

I thought of you and your Divas when I vent to an exhibition in London recently called Divas. It's at the V&A museum. Wonderful costumes from actresses to musicians and a few male Divas too (Elton John, Freddie Mercury),

Sounds wonderful!

• Like 3

On 11/6/2023 at 7:49 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

Seeing all the above OOB's I will have to go and search for some mockups that I like and that will go with my photos.

In the mean time I like to show what I have been up to with the scripting course. I have posted there my result but that is only visible for the members of the course, so I will post it here too. I have been making my first "real" script, not something for practice only. I made a postage stamp script that can use landscape, portrait or square format with a border for which you can choose the color. You can choose to have no text or with a simple text for which you can again select the color. When testing I used some X-mas related images, so I can use them this year. I have used the "ribbon tree", that Sue T has generously shared with us last year, for one of the postage stamps. Thanks again Sue! The Kinderdijk postage stamp was the one I used to code the script so I could adapt it for the other formats, colors and text.

CK-Postage Stamp-600.jpg

Great that you can make a script like this yourself, Corrie! And with the possibility to choose different options 👍. I didn't dare start the course, I think it's too difficult for me

3 hours ago, Marie-Claire said:

Great that you can make a script like this yourself, Corrie! And with the possibility to choose different options 👍. I didn't dare start the course, I think it's too difficult for me

Thank you and I can't say if it will be to difficult for you or not. I find it is a bit similar to learning a completely new language and a steep learning curve, but soon I was able to recognize some parts that are always in a script. I haven't been learning/studying something really new for a very long time (besides all the wonderful things we learn here in the campus) and I had a hard time getting in a sort of flow that works for me. But having said that, I find it highly interesting and very nice to get my old braincells into action again. When t all comes together into such a script that I undoubtably will use many times. I have used postage stamps on many projects and always made them by hand, not difficult but my script will come in handy and save me time, therefore I wanted all the options in my script to make the best use of it.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

I'm not completely satisfied with this one yet but the photo made me keep it down. Because otherwise the wheel and cart would remain hanging in the air. I have the impression that the boy stands in front of the whole rather than in it. So look even better for mock up and photo.

I think this is a good example of the perspective not matching 100% between the mockup and the photo. Maybe the effect would work better if the photo was mirrored. (although I don't know if you would  have enough space then)

On 11/6/2023 at 7:49 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

CK-Postage Stamp-600.jpg

Corrie, great use of the Scripting lessons! Those stamps look really amazing.

• Like 2

I've been working on making preset shapes.  I needed an arrowhead and a shield for some things I've been thinking of.  They required me (at least I thought so) to  use two vector shapes to complete each project.  I couldn't for the life of me remember how Cassel told us to export a couple of shapes as one complete shape.  So I looked at the workshop and in Lesson 2 she describes how you have to highlight all the layers and then GROUP them.  Well, that worked and so now I have a shield and an arrowhead. 

MLS Arrowhead-01.jpg

MLS Shield.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 3