Calendar Workshop 2024

Cassel

On 11/14/2023 at 1:50 PM, Ann Seeber said:

Here are my preliminary Jan and Feb pages. Waiting for the next lesson to proceed further. The topic is Wildlife of Botswana, where, in previous years, I had documented a fantasy vacation to Africa for a Travel Workshop, based on my admiration for the book series, The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith.

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-JANUARY-prelim-600.jpg

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-FEBRUARY-prelim-600.jpg

Thanks to you, Ann, I bought the book. 🙂 

• Love 2

So far, I have only updated the month of January.   Just to be different this year, I added Cassel's Alpha Beads. The basic is a freebie, and I changed the font/color following the Alpha Beads tutorial.

Credits:

Overlay:  ps_melo-vrijhof_162544_textures-painted-paper2-paint-paper-09_cu

Font: FoglihtenNo07

https://scrapbookcampus.com/the-lab/lab-10-module-06/

Edited: I mentioned it before, but I'll mention it again. All photos are/will be from Pixabay, Unsplash, or Pexels. I downloaded them years ago and use them whenever necessary.

crdh-01Jan_2024-Calendar.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 6
  • Love 4

On 11/14/2023 at 7:50 AM, Ann Seeber said:

Here are my preliminary Jan and Feb pages. Waiting for the next lesson to proceed further. The topic is Wildlife of Botswana, where, in previous years, I had documented a fantasy vacation to Africa for a Travel Workshop, based on my admiration for the book series, The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith.

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-JANUARY-prelim-600.jpg

2024 WILDLIFE OF BOTSWANA CALENDAR-FEBRUARY-prelim-600.jpg

I'm a sucker for anything with meerkats! Love it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well it looks like I won't be able to do any more months.  Both my Mozilla firefox and google chrome is asking for a varification  code sent to my cell phone when I try to sign into my e=mail account.   Problem is I don't have a cell phone.   If I get this resolved I will be back on. GRRRRR

• WOW 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Anne Lamp said:

Well it looks like I won't be able to do any more months.  Both my Mozilla firefox and google chrome is asking for a varification  code sent to my cell phone when I try to sign into my e=mail account.   Problem is I don't have a cell phone.   If I get this resolved I will be back on. GRRRRR

Oh Anne, that is awful.  I just went through some computer woes that took my husband two full days and much research (just to talk to a human) to get it resolved. Once he talked to a real, actual human it was fixed in less than a minute!  I wish you luck and a speedy recovery of your e-mail account and all other computer woes.  Sometimes, computers are just plain evil!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cristina said:

Both are stunning, Sue.  I love the rounded date boxes and the detail of having a lowered opacity image behind them... It has your name all over it! 

Thank you so much Cristina! It appears, I have my stamp written  all over my work, making it   unmistakably mine. 🙂  I have  also created other different shaped boxes. Including  cut box effect.  A certain person will know, I won't mention any names, but you know who you are.   I love the theme you have used for your  calendar, quite ingenious.   Like Michele's theme, it goes to show that you don't have to use photos.  

calendar  boxes corners inward.jpg

calendar boxs  rounded inwards square.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Meerkat Manor!   Has anyone watched  this  British  television programme.  Produced by the Oxford scientific   films, which first aired back in 2005.   It ran for 3 or 4 yrs.  I didn't miss an episode, one of the best  natural dramas ever made.   Its a drama series, following a family of Meerkats in the Kalahari desert.   The kardashian family isn't a patch on the Whiskers family.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

Meerkat Manor!   Has anyone watched  this  British  television programme.  Produced by the Oxford scientific   films, which first aired back in 2005.   It ran for 3 or 4 yrs.  I didn't miss an episode, one of the best  natural dramas ever made.   Its a drama series, following a family of Meerkats in the Kalahari desert.   The kardashian family isn't a patch on the Whiskers family.

I watched it too, but not all episodes. Sometimes we forgot or there was another interesting program on Dutch tv. We always forget to record and if we do, we somehow haven't the time to watch it later.

I have altered the date boxes for the weeks to start on Monday. I have Carole's Custom Calendar script for 2 years now and it works great and is a timesaver too. The script gives the opportunity to choose a different format for the boxes and you can design them too. But I wanted a simple shape, nothing fancy so I can write things inside them. Therefore I have them on the full width of the page. I have spend some time to find a font that I like and that has the glyphs I want. For the time being I have put the month's name in the middle of the page, maybe I'll change it later. I will use the same font for all the months but change the color to match the pages. Font is Almond script. Now I'll have to see what the dates for all the holidays in 2024 are. Some of course are always the same, but not all. And I have to search the ones for Switzerland too, because some of theirs are not celebrated here and visa versa.

Mei-600.jpg

Juni-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

Who is your email provider? As someone said getting a live person on the phone is the hardest part.

Sometimes they will let you do 2 factor authentication using a second email account, or even sending a voice message to a landline also.  Be sure to add recovery methods when you get back into your account. 

Edited by Julian Adams

3 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I watched a little bit of it.  But dont have that channel anymore.  

4 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I don't know if that's the one I watched quite a while ago, but I had to stop when the cameras were filming one who was dying of thirst and heat under a scraggly tree. All I could think was, give him a drink for goodness' sake! And anything is better than what the Kardashians were filmed doing.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

Usually you can use a home phone for two-factor authentication. They will send a recorded message with the code to your phone. Enter it and you're in!

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Usually you can use a home phone for two-factor authentication. They will send a recorded message with the code to your phone. Enter it and you're in!

That works only if you already listed your home phone to the account as a recovery method.  If she had she would have probably already been offered that option.  I used to be very paranoid about giving out my phone number for fear of getting spammed.  These days 2 factor authentications are everywhere and if you don't have a phone number associated with your account you can't get back in if you ever get locked out. 

(sorry for going off topic...  What can I say?  I'm a Geek!)

Here's my final versions

2024-Calendar-January 01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 7