What are you working on (in July 2023)?

Cassel

Kasany,

Yes, trip is correct, was that your question?

OMG! Doesn’t your butt hurt? I went 30 miles and the last quarter I stood up the entire time. It didn’t hurt the next day, tho, so something very weird. I hope your bike shorts are padded!! ?

17 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I was experimenting with Adobe Express AI and created the raindrop background. The flowers are my own photos, the wood texture is from Filter Forge. I used a blend mode for the light aqua color on the background. I thought that the bright colors of the flowers sort of clashed with the background, but by accident, the first one added turned the aqua color. I sort of liked it, so I just left it. From the Adobe background, I created a pattern and added it to the font, Centaury Display which I also  beveled. The masks are my own.

rainyday600.jpg

I guess you are the "blue color" expert ?!

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

And on to Lab 11 Mod 2.  Requirements: Letters dangling from a string - I chose to do Happy Birthday and I will save it to use later also - it was a challenging work; Cutout word on a letter - I chose Sammy who is the person celebrating with that humongous cake that spilled out candies - how sweet is that!!! Also required was a stitched vector shape:  since I have used that tutorial in creating my alphabet for the 2022 Alphabet Challenge, I chose to use a round paper I had made previously which I had decorated with a crocheted lace (also made in a previous lab) and then stitched it (using a tutorial also).  The candles were made in another previous lab; the ribbons are made from a Cass script - which I've colored and recolored and used over and over again in layouts; the stained glass brads I made from a stained glass pattern obtained from CF Spark.  The background paper is Donna Sills Shimmer Paper which (if you recall) some months ago we colored and played with.   

Lab 11 Mod 2_600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 5

Very nice Mary.  those hanging letters look really cool.  You have done so well with the labs.  It keeps me going.  Tonight I'm working on my "game" Lab 6-12 (spinner, token and game board).  My idea is a bit labor intensive, but fun.  Hoping I get it done before the Vector Workshop.  I still have several years (at my pace) before I get up to the Lab 11-2.  What an accomplishment you have made.  I like your candles. the texture on them look like the rolled beeswax candles I once made.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

And on to Lab 11 Mod 2.  Requirements: Letters dangling from a string - I chose to do Happy Birthday and I will save it to use later also - it was a challenging work; Cutout word on a letter - I chose Sammy who is the person celebrating with that humongous cake that spilled out candies - how sweet is that!!! Also required was a stitched vector shape:  since I have used that tutorial in creating my alphabet for the 2022 Alphabet Challenge, I chose to use a round paper I had made previously which I had decorated with a crocheted lace (also made in a previous lab) and then stitched it (using a tutorial also).  The candles were made in another previous lab; the ribbons are made from a Cass script - which I've colored and recolored and used over and over again in layouts; the stained glass brads I made from a stained glass pattern obtained from CF Spark.  The background paper is Donna Sills Shimmer Paper which (if you recall) some months ago we colored and played with.   

Mary, this is a lovely layout!  Sammy looks happy with the cake; who wouldn't be? ?

It's amazing all the great techniques and scripts from Carole are included.  It made me think of how much I have learned since I joined the Campus... and still counting!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2023 at 11:12 PM, Suzy said:

Kasany,

Yes, trip is correct, was that your question?

OMG! Doesn’t your butt hurt? I went 30 miles and the last quarter I stood up the entire time. It didn’t hurt the next day, tho, so something very weird. I hope your bike shorts are padded!! ?

It's Jacek/JK/ long trip. He likes walking&riding by bike. Thanks for 'trip':)))))))

7 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Very nice Mary.  those hanging letters look really cool.  You have done so well with the labs.  It keeps me going.  Tonight I'm working on my "game" Lab 6-12 (spinner, token and game board).  My idea is a bit labor intensive, but fun.  Hoping I get it done before the Vector Workshop.  I still have several years (at my pace) before I get up to the Lab 11-2.  What an accomplishment you have made.  I like your candles. the texture on them look like the rolled beeswax candles I once made.  

Susan - you are doing a splendid job in the labs.  They are great learning places.  I always keep several items of the elements and papers and patterns that are presented so that I hopefully don't have to do it again (however, I have found that sometimes I do have to do it again).  You are in one of the modules that gave me trouble.  Especially the game board.  But it is interesting.  Can't wait to see what you came up with?

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Susan - you are doing a splendid job in the labs.  They are great learning places.  I always keep several items of the elements and papers and patterns that are presented so that I hopefully don't have to do it again (however, I have found that sometimes I do have to do it again).  You are in one of the modules that gave me trouble.  Especially the game board.  But it is interesting.  Can't wait to see what you came up with?

thank you Mary.  i dont think I'd ever had started if I hadnt seen your layouts and what you are learning. By the end, I'm hoping some of the techniques  have soaked in. 

• Like 1

I had been wanting to use this pig picture I took a few years ago and with the grilling theme, I came up with this. The background and all other stuff are from Creative fabrica. The font is Viner Hand ITC. and I have no idea where I got that one.

pig roast collage 6.jpg

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Anne Lamp said:

I had been wanting to use this pig picture I took a few years ago and with the grilling theme, I came up with this. The background and all other stuff are from Creative fabrica. The font is Viner Hand ITC. and I have no idea where I got that one.

pig roast collage 6.jpg

Really neat!  Tongue in cheek!

Anne, LOL!

Here is what I've been working on. Florals of my own.

I have pages of these, but have only scanned one, and of the flowers on that one, I have only colored and fixed up one. (Thought I'd give Susan a run for her money in the Turtle race.)  Now that I have done one, I'm not sure this is the looking I'm going for so I'm going to try to fill with some paper-grain instead.

Image11.jpg

Image 10 for posting.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 3

On 7/4/2023 at 11:54 PM, Susan Ewart said:

Lab 6-11

• Rainbow Striped Paper  (The border, with mitered corners - dont look too close, I missed on two corners)
  • Diamond Shape Paper (the blue one)
  • Spider Web (on the tissue paper)

I'm looking forward to the vector workshop.  it took me some time to get the  spider web happening.  Once I was following the tutorial properly I got it done.  I couldnt fit it in well to the layout so I put it on the tissue paper (remember the decorated toilet paper of the 70-80's).  The diamond paper; I was trying out different percentage (for size) and forgot to hide a layer and it made the cross lines appear.  I liked the look.  I also textured it with Effects>Texture Effects>Texture.  And used the magic wand to select the diamonds and inner beveled them to give more dimension to the sparse (read: boring) layout.  The spiders camer from Creative Fabrica.  The photo with the quote was from Facebook and I thought it was funny.  I really liked the Rainbow Striped Paper tutorial, although it is hard on the eyes.

Lab 6-11 Spidey Tissue-600.jpg

When I saw you posted about spiders I thought I might try to scroll right past your layout. But it's adorable and funny. I wouldn't be online searching for pix of those critters! You're much braver than I am!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lately, I have tried (and failed) to work on a layout, any layout. I'd spend time on one, look at it again later, and then move on to another. Just no mojo happening. Then, I was thinking of Bonnie's pickleball projects and got to thinking about my aquafit classes which I began in January. For a small rural area, we have an amazing sports complex cum library that has beautiful pools on offer. I planned to start then the lockdown came along.I've never been a water person, but I am loving the classes.

I started with a Cassel template (from Lab 12-11) and tweaked and played with it. All the ingredients come from somewhere online. Two pix are of the aquatic area here, and the two with people in the pool are just grabs from elsewhere. I'm not sure we would be able to take pix while using the pools.

Now, about those water droplets (splashes)...I was trying to make my own using Lab Mod 12-8, but they ended up looking like amoebas b/c I had so much trouble with the nodes! So these come from Janet Kemp at DS. Bring on the Vector Workshop so I can beat those nodes into submission!

P.S. I don't do Lab Modules in order as others do. I skip around and try what catches my fancy.

Temp12-11 Aquafit layout_600.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Love 8

12 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Lately, I have tried (and failed) to work on a layout, any layout. I'd spend time on one, look at it again later, and then move on to another. Just no mojo happening. Then, I was thinking of Bonnie's pickleball projects and got to thinking about my aquafit classes which I began in January. For a small rural area, we have an amazing sports complex cum library that has beautiful pools on offer. I planned to start then the lockdown came along.I've never been a water person, but I am loving the classes.

I started with a Cassel template (from Lab 12-11) and tweaked and played with it. All the ingredients come from somewhere online. Two pix are of the aquatic area here, and the two with people in the pool are just grabs from elsewhere. I'm not sure we would be able to take pix while using the pools.

Now, about those water droplets (splashes)...I was trying to make my own using Lab Mod 12-8, but they ended up looking like amoebas b/c I had so much trouble with the nodes! So these come from Janet Kemp at DS. Bring on the Vector Workshop so I can beat those nodes into submission!

P.S. I don't do Lab Modules in order as others do. I skip around and try what catches my fancy.

This is really nice Julie.  Great choice of papers and elements.  I love blues of any kind.  That building is really cool looking, love all those windows.  As to the Labs, that's the great thing about so many of them available.  You get set your own course through them.  Forwards, backwards, from the first, from the last or bouncing around...doing them in any direction (or no direction at all) is all that counts.  They are great for getting experience with PSP and they are in nice short tutorials (less overwhelming) so you have success.   

I get the "no mojo" thing.  That's why I got back into the Labs.  After the QP workshop, I had no idea what to do, it made me feel quite restless, yet unmotivated.  I guess I really am "project driven".  And believe me, the ideas for layouts dont come easily.  Sometimes I "see" the vision right away (this is rare). Other times it's days trying to make one work and still I abandon the layout.  Having a template available is really helpful to get us making/creating layouts despite our lack of creative energy.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

This is really nice Julie.  Great choice of papers and elements.  I love blues of any kind.  That building is really cool looking, love all those windows.  As to the Labs, that's the great thing about so many of them available.  You get set your own course through them.  Forwards, backwards, from the first, from the last or bouncing around...doing them in any direction (or no direction at all) is all that counts.  They are great for getting experience with PSP and they are in nice short tutorials (less overwhelming) so you have success.   

Being in any of the three pool areas is great b/c of those windows and skylight. It's almost like being outdoors.

• Like 2

This theme is another rerun from 2016. I had originally found the title back then; I removed the background and tweaked it. The closest I could come to matching that font was, believe it or not, neon machine from Dafont. I was lucky enough to find a watercolor silhouette of Africa from Seekpng that shared the same colors on the background for the dancers.

large.AfricanArtsFestival!600.jpg.984b2a4e18bea92f63d50ba3bfc46951.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 2
  • Love 5

14 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

The building looks a bit like the pool I go to, same big windows. I too go once a week for classes also called Aqua Fit but for persons over 50! We have a lovely group and afterwards have a cup of coffee and a chat. Mostly the chatting already starts in the water but we manage to go along with the lessons too. Your layout is beautiful and reminds me of the one I did for the Alphabet where I used the letter Z for zwembad, which means swimming pool in Dutch.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I think I'd like to try a gradient or two.

Well, that *is*a gradient, Ann.  (this is the post way back on the flower I posted).  I think I need to learn more about using gradients, and choosing an appropriate gradient.  Or maybe I don’t have the right kinds of gradients? No, I have a boatload, so that can’t be it. It must be I’m choosing the wrong kind. Or doing it wrong. Sounds too vague for a Q&A question.