What are you working on (in July 2023)?

Cassel

13 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I am working on a way to convert this file to a quickpage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I always keep a pspimage file with all the layers. That way I can edit the font to reflect the new name. 

• Love 1

Congratulations, Jannette, plus, you have to get those eyes better before the Vectors class next Monday! Stay well!

Thank you Michele. I had no idea they would be that large!, so I’m surely glad you answered. I’m going to make some sort of a birthday quick pages this weekend. I’m goi g to have one ready no matter WHOSE birthday it is!  (Maybe I can do some really funny ones for old highschool boyfriends!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Suzy, it doesn't matter what size you make it in, Facebook will size it to fit. When I was on creative teams over 10 years ago, I would post my 12x12 layouts (3600x3600). I also never resize pictures if I post them on Facebook and my camera settings are quite large.

So make them whatever size you want.

20 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

it doesn't matter what size you make it in, Facebook will size it to fit.

Actually, since Facebook will fill in the left and right sides with a complementary color, I find my square layouts don't always look the best. I'm going to transition to Michele's suggestion of 3000 wide x 2000 deep since Facebook doesn't fiddle with them in that format. It seems it insists on landscape format for the ratio. Not sure about iPad or moble because i rarely use them for design. When our company started putting out an emailed newsletter I discovered that over 80% of the subscribers were using their mobile to view our art so the platform we used would design for that format.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

Sorry, I can't be behind the pc long as I have a slight inflammation in my eyes. I'm wearing sunglasses all the long, also in the house. So colors al slightly false. So no PSP for this lady. Today is our wedding anniversary. we are 55 years married. I buy a few cakes. 

Congratulations on your milestone anniversary.  Sad to hear about your eyes.  I hope you have a speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Michele said:

I always keep a pspimage file with all the layers. That way I can edit the font to reflect the new name. 

that is a good idea.  then I'd make a duplicate and make the quick page from the duplicate.  But I would not put any text on the quick page, that would be added after, according to the occasion.  Since I am notorious for forgetting birthdays I don't have to worry about making a quick page for such occasions. ?

• Like 2

On 7/11/2023 at 10:37 AM, Michele said:

I found a wonderful editorial beauty photo shoot that I felt was perfect for the theme; model Kristy Kaurova and photographer Jamie Nelson. The font is Spac3 tech. I had a happy accident while making this. I originally created a frame with the background paper and added a cutout layer. While playing around with the layers, I hid the frame and ended up with this look. I'm probably not the first to use an effect like this, but I learn a lot from my happy accidents. When I find more time, I'm going to experiment with it more.

large.FABDLIntergalacticGlamour!600.jpg.4f2f27acd24338c37310cbc303f24aff.jpg

Michele I hope you will have many more happy accidents when playing with a layout! This one is stunning thanks to the colors.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2023 at 9:28 PM, Donna Sillia said:

When my FB friends have birthdays, I have been creating files to post on FB. This is the latest one for my niece. All the graphics are downloaded from Adobe Express AI, except for the "fabulous" which is from a Digital Scrapbook kit called "all the princesses" by Melo Vrijlhof. The font is a free font called Moodtype. I am working on a way to convert this file to a quickpage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mikaylabd600.jpg

Donna like most of us I have a couple of premade cards to use when I need one quickly, because I had forgotten some ones birthday. They are mostly in landscape format and I always have them as a PSP file so I can change backgrounds, colors, photos, names etc as needed for the occasion.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

Sorry, I can't be behind the pc long as I have a slight inflammation in my eyes. I'm wearing sunglasses all the long, also in the house. So colors al slightly false. So no PSP for this lady. Today is our wedding anniversary. we are 55 years married. I buy a few cakes. 

Jannettte happy 55th wedding anniversary! Take care with your eyes, those inflammations can get nasty, but I hope you will be back soon. In the meantime enjoy the cakes!

• Thanks 1

Yesterday, a dear friend brought me this beautiful bouquet. I decided to make a "thank you" card with an extracted picture of the bouquet. I used Adobe Express to extract the image since I have found that Adobe Express does the best job of extracting that I have found. I used vector tube to make the oval using the cass tube, gimptrim2 and under that added a circle filled with one of my gem glitters. The patterned shape is a preset shape filled with one of my patterns. I made the shape in back using the preset star with a little node moving, filled with a gradient and stroked with my glitter gel. The roses are from a package that I purchased and changed to gold using the gold tutorial. The mask was made using rastertomask, and the background for the vase is from Filter Forge. The font is Ambidexter filled with a seamless flower pattern that I made with the cass seamless pattern script. I tried to make a velvet pattern from the tutorials, but wasn't very successful.

I am loving all my scripts which save so much time. I am learning so much!

dsthankyou.jpg

• Love 4

17 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

Yesterday, a dear friend brought me this beautiful bouquet. I decided to make a "thank you" card with an extracted picture of the bouquet. I used Adobe Express to extract the image since I have found that Adobe Express does the best job of extracting that I have found. I used vector tube to make the oval using the cass tube, gimptrim2 and under that added a circle filled with one of my gem glitters. The patterned shape is a preset shape filled with one of my patterns. I made the shape in back using the preset star with a little node moving, filled with a gradient and stroked with my glitter gel. The roses are from a package that I purchased and changed to gold using the gold tutorial. The mask was made using rastertomask, and the background for the vase is from Filter Forge. The font is Ambidexter filled with a seamless flower pattern that I made with the cass seamless pattern script. I tried to make a velvet pattern from the tutorials, but wasn't very successful.

I am loving all my scripts which save so much time. I am learning so much!

dsthankyou.jpg

WOW!  This is really interesting.  I love the glitters!  You can never have enough glitter.  And that preset shape is really neat as well as the pattern.  I've never used Adobe Express before.  I will have to look into that. 

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

WOW!  This is really interesting.  I love the glitters!  You can never have enough glitter.  And that preset shape is really neat as well as the pattern.  I've never used Adobe Express before.  I will have to look into that. 

Thank you, Susan. I love glitter, too. I made a set of them for my Build a Kit. Definitely look into Adobe Express which is free for now and has so many options. My gem glitters were actually made in Photoshop and converted to PSP. You can change their colors using the blend mode or hue and saturation.

dsgemglittergold.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Playing with layers, cutouts, shadows, and Gaussian blurs. Sometimes creating something in the right dimensions for FB takes some work. The original painting is by Anna Ewa Miarczynska. The font is Black Chancery; I've had it so long that I don't know where it came from, but you can find it for free as it's in the public domain.

large.FABDLForestRomance!600.jpg.591292ff1704c9ffc5d21de6c6bcd2ef.jpg

• Love 6

9 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

Thank you, Susan. I love glitter, too. I made a set of them for my Build a Kit. Definitely look into Adobe Express which is free for now and has so many options. My gem glitters were actually made in Photoshop and converted to PSP. You can change their colors using the blend mode or hue and saturation.

dsgemglittergold.jpg

I think, it'd be fine background:)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Michele said:

Playing with layers, cutouts, shadows, and Gaussian blurs. Sometimes creating something in the right dimensions for FB takes some work. The original painting is by Anna Ewa Miarczynska. The font is Black Chancery; I've had it so long that I don't know where it came from, but you can find it for free as it's in the public domain.

large.FABDLForestRomance!600.jpg.591292ff1704c9ffc5d21de6c6bcd2ef.jpg

I'm always blown away when I see your layouts.  this is really beautiful.  I did a layout recently where I had turnd off the frame layer to see something and saw that the shadow layer on it own looked better than having the frame layer.  Your frame also has a beveled look, is that because you used cutout.  I dont quite understand how to use the cutout even though i think I used it in some of the tutorials.  So much to remember with PSP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

Adobe Express is free? Didn't realize that. Nice gold glitter, Donna.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Adobe Express is free?

I went and downloaded it. Want to try out the background removing part but for now played with the AI generator which came up with a usable photo of an animal I saw outside my window yesterday but had no handy camera at the time. Score! ?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Holy cow! So much to talk about here! Nice job everyone. Michele, the shadow-frame really was a happy accident! Bonnie, congratulations, you really are a role model for us! I like the color one better, I think.  And Donna, the gllitter and card are really nice. I especially like the fill you made on the text, isn’t that silly? With all the other stuff you did? But I am really into fills now, so that’s what stuck with me. 

Is Adobe Express for iPad or desktop? I think I supposedly have it on my iPad, but I do not recall ever using it or seeing it. Not the icon, not the tools…Nada. Well, you don’t have to answer, I can look it up. Adobe stock (stock market price) is ever-higher, which means their monthly models (software rental with monthly fees) are working. Which means I agree, I don’t need it for $10.00 a month.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, Suzy. I love glitter, and I love to fill in my text with patterns. I used the cass script seamless patterns for this fill with my own flower pics. 

There is an Adobe Express for your desktop. I think it includes some Adobe Stock in the free version. As long as it is free, I will use it. Adobe programs are really expensive and not worth it to me, but I do have PSD 5 which comes in handy at times.

• Like 1

I tried the Adobe Express.  Some learning required.  I managed to make an extraction, it did pretty good.  Only I cant figure out how to get a transparent PNG, it puts it on a white background.  I did my own extraction to compare.  Mine does result in a larger size, but it's sure fast to do it with Adobe.  I just need to learn yet another program.  ugh.  Now that I have a shiny new Adobe account I should take the plunge and download Bridge too.  When will I have time for PSP.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I tried the Adobe Express.  Some learning required.  I managed to make an extraction, it did pretty good.  Only I cant figure out how to get a transparent PNG, it puts it on a white background.  I did my own extraction to compare.  Mine does result in a larger size, but it's sure fast to do it with Adobe.  I just need to learn yet another program.  ugh.  Now that I have a shiny new Adobe account I should take the plunge and download Bridge too.  When will I have time for PSP.

Susan I have the same problem. I already have an Adobe account from way back when I needed one for reading ebooks but I never looked at Adobe Express. So now I did but like you I find that I have to learn a lot and I don't think I have the time nor the gusto to study a new program while I have so much more to learn about scrapbook. For the time being I stick to PSP. Maybe if you and others are getting exceptional lovely results I''ll change my mind

• Like 1