What are you working on (in June 2023)?

Cassel

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Oh, dear, sorry to hear the game may be ending, though, I imagine, for you, it may be like me when the drive-in closes for the winter. I always feel a welcome relief from the ongoing pressure to create during the season.

I will feel a sense of relief, Ann. I've been doing this for almost ten years and the company that runs the game has pretty much given up on it. The only reason I keep doing it is for the loyal members of my group. 

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, Michele said:

I will feel a sense of relief, Ann. I've been doing this for almost ten years and the company that runs the game has pretty much given up on it. The only reason I keep doing it is for the loyal members of my group. 

What kind of "group" is it? Would they be interested in PSP? If so, invite them over here! 

• Like 1

I downloaded a $1 special from creativefabrica (https://www.creativefabrica.com/product/animal-jokes-sublimation-bundle/)and this developed from one of the paged from that.  The original one had a cute cow and no background.  My 81 year old Sister has always loved the Live, Laugh, Love saying and she also aced her Concealed Carry shooting test. I sent her a picture of the original and this  evolved from there.  She wanted it made with a Jackass, but I think this is a mule picture that I have no idea where I got it from some time ago.  I did add the bows and pearls so that it was obvious that it was a female. She loves it and is going to print it and put it in a 8x10 frame. 

L L L  L A F DONKEY  8 x10  6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

I enjoy the fonts that have graphics within them. Carole used one for one of our challenges...April Font Challenge. I do not know how to create fonts so I decided to created an alpha with pickleball graphics. I used a different graphic for each letter except the graphic used in the N below.

I have considered doing a class on making fonts, but it would involve a paid program so I am not sure how well-received that would be (I got some complaints when I did classes on Filter Forge). On the other hand, making an alpha is so much simpler and very accessible to all. Maybe that can be another class!?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cassel said:

I have considered doing a class on making fonts, but it would involve a paid program so I am not sure how well-received that would be (I got some complaints when I did classes on Filter Forge). On the other hand, making an alpha is so much simpler and very accessible to all. Maybe that can be another class!?

Fonts are available, but making special alphas is great.

• Like 1

June 1 - 4 four of us went to the beach for a "girl's weekend". We had a wonderful time playing games, pickleball, walking the beach and eating ice cream. It was drizzley, cold and windy but they weather couldn't stop all the fun. 20 minutes away it was sunny and warm and we had a blast in a pickleball tournament. This layout shows us on the beach. 

2023 6 2 On The Beach 600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, Cassel said:

Weird to get complaints about FF, I know I had asked for it(the class).  If you have something I dont have or do, it's still interesting to me to see what it's about so I know if I want to get it or not.  And usually later on, it does become something I want and I am pretty grateful there's a workshop on it.

• Like 3

Lab 6-10

• Hand Drawn Chevrons
  • Laser Cut Doilies
  • Parquet

This was a fun Lab. My hand drawn chevrons were too busy so I had to make them really small in the layout (background paper).  Good learning for next time.  Fun to make though.  The doily was cool how it comes together.  Thanks to great directions I managed to get it done.  Again, i was a little too ambitious with the design.  My favorite was the parquet tile.  Funny, I neve liked parquet floor, but I loved this tutorial.  the color I chose makes it look like bambo (albeit a little darker).  I used the original tile (used to make the parquet square tile, which is used as a pattern for a paper) to make a frame around the "table" my pictures are on.  I used an alpha instead of a font and changed the color a bit to match and really liked the look.  Go Alphas!

Here's the deets:

• Flower/brass button/slide frame: from my kit in the Build a Kit workshop
  • Bookplate: KMRD-A Good Day-bookplate (Digital Scrapbook)
  • Screws: cass-screwheads (picture tube) from Creation Cassel
  • Alpha: Digi-Dewi-Kumbaya
  • Photos: mine

Lab 6-10 Keepers-600.jpg

• Love 8

Holy cow, Susan, that doily is gorgeous! And even more gorgeous is the detail on that Chevron tile!  The pattern, the colors, everything. I just love it!

I use those kinds of patterns to make “fill” I call it. Where I just need to use it as a pattern fill for the border of a card, or maybe something I would use instead of a ribbon….or maybe a ribbon. Or a full for a shape or letter or text. Chevrons are hard to use, but I would use the mitered corner frame script to make it all go the same way when doing a border.   Well, it’s gorgeous.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Holy cow, Susan, that doily is gorgeous! And even more gorgeous is the detail on that Chevron tile!  The pattern, the colors, everything. I just love it!

I use those kinds of patterns to make “fill” I call it. Where I just need to use it as a pattern fill for the border of a card, or maybe something I would use instead of a ribbon….or maybe a ribbon. Or a full for a shape or letter or text. Chevrons are hard to use, but I would use the mitered corner frame script to make it all go the same way when doing a border.   Well, it’s gorgeous.

Thank you Suzy.  It was really absorbing to make the pattern.  It was too busy as a full size paper, for me anyway.  But I played around with sizes and changing color and made something I liked.   I managed to mitre the corners on the frame around the parquet.  that was  brain teaser....might have to get that script.  I like your idea of using that patter in a letter or shape.  Same with the doily, you can get absorbed in making the dots.  They will always be one of a kind elements.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cassel said:

For me, both classes would be great.  

Even if it is a paid program that I don't have or cannot afford to get it now, it could be in the future.   Perhaps, It will show something I don't know and never thought about doing.

IMHO, it is not in our best interest to have your creativity limited.

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Cassel said:

Is there a Master Class on Filter Forge? I have the basic program but never use it for lack of practice. It is the free version so I don't understand complaints....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Is there a Master Class on Filter Forge? I have the basic program but never use it for lack of practice. It is the free version so I don't understand complaints...

Yes, there are two classes:

https://scrapbookcampus.com/master-classes/using-filter-forge-with-psp/

https://scrapbookcampus.com/master-classes/using-filter-forge-with-psp-2/ 

I don't think there is a free version unless you got a deal from GOTD.

I received a surprise gift in the mail from one of the big aquarium supply houses that I buy from. This is a hand-painted portrait on canvas of my first Betta, Sampson. He's called a Veiltail which was the prevailing style of Betta in the early stages of the hobby. I photographed it to show it to others and now decided to frame it using the Painted Frame 1 script that I just bought. The background paper is from my Beach Life kit by Tracey B Creations.

SAMPSON_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6

20 hours ago, Cassel said:

If any of them would be interested in learning PSP to make cool things like you did, invite them for the Quick-Page Workshop!

Done! I posted it in my group and the two Admins Only groups for the game.

Edited by Michele