What are you working on (in June 2023)?

Cassel

I don't know what it is with me and "cute" pics this week, but that looks like the best ice cream date ever! The frame (it started out as a paper) is from a Scrap Designers Blog Train; the tricky part was changing the dimensions from 3600 x 3600 to 3000 x 2000. Facebook changed how it displays pics a while ago so if you don't change it, FB adds its own borders. I wish I had enough time to create more of my own stuff, but I only have an hour or two every day from inspiration to fruition. Anyway, I thought the frame really complimented the little girl and her puppy. The little waffle cone heart in the top right corner is from CF. I used two fonts, Summer's Ice Cream and Ferrero Rocker; the first one was all cones which I thought was too much.

large.FABDLIceCreamDate!600.jpg.61142a74df21587355b4de69fa07b500.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, Michele said:

I don't know what it is with me and "cute" pics this week, but that looks like the best ice cream date ever! The frame (it started out as a paper) is from a Scrap Designers Blog Train; the tricky part was changing the dimensions from 3600 x 3600 to 3000 x 2000. Facebook changed how it displays pics a while ago so if you don't change it, FB adds its own borders. I wish I had enough time to create more of my own stuff, but I only have an hour or two every day from inspiration to fruition. Anyway, I thought the frame really complimented the little girl and her puppy. The little waffle cone heart in the top right corner is from CF. I used two fonts, Summer's Ice Cream and Ferrero Rocker; the first one was all cones which I thought was too much.

Super company:))))))))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've posted the patterns (*.png's) on the Facebook page.  Seems like that accepts all forms (*.pspimage, *.png, *.jpg  - and all sizes).  Anyway, someone mentioned the heart paper and triangle paper so I also posted them.  All are free to use.  

Susan - could you post the *.png overlay you made on Facebook?  I would like to have it just as you used it since I won't have to extract it, etc. LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fiona cook said:

I also liked your clever use of a basic texture from your own photo. I take photos like that usually of dilapidated buildings or foliage but have not used them much as you have done here. Inspiration indeed for textures and that Lab tutorial. Thank you.

I love old dilapidated buildings too.  Same with old machinery, industrial stuff, etc.  Not much around where I live though. I like going to resconstructed ghost town attractions, train museums as well, there is a lot of texture in places like that.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

I've posted the patterns (*.png's) on the Facebook page.  Seems like that accepts all forms (*.pspimage, *.png, *.jpg  - and all sizes).  Anyway, someone mentioned the heart paper and triangle paper so I also posted them.  All are free to use.  

Susan - could you post the *.png overlay you made on Facebook?  I would like to have it just as you used it since I won't have to extract it, etc. LOL

I sure can.  Just running out for an errand and will do it when I get back. Good information about what FB lets you post.  

3 hours ago, Michele said:

This is so cute.  You make good use of your hour or two.  What you create in that short time would still take several days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unlike Michele, this took me two whole days! Deb sent this photo of Magic and her friend having a tea party and I couldn't resist using Janet Kemp's Garden/Tea Party Kit. Even the title is  word art from that kit. I spent too much time changing the background on the photo. (Learning as I go here, this subject proved to be too detailed for an easy background change. I used part of a photo from my previous home that had a big lawn for the background.) This is probably more "scrapbooky" than my usual layouts but it seemed to call for flourishes! ?

magic's june tea party_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

3 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Unlike Michele, this took me two whole days! Deb sent this photo of Magic and her friend having a tea party and I couldn't resist using Janet Kemp's Garden/Tea Party Kit. Even the title is  word art from that kit. I spent too much time changing the background on the photo. (Learning as I go here, this subject proved to be too detailed for an easy background change. I used part of a photo from my previous home that had a big lawn for the background.) This is probably more "scrapbooky" than my usual layouts but it seemed to call for flourishes! ?

Love what you do, Ann.  Seems like I'm going to have to play with that background replacement tool - My next OCD venture???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Michele said:

the tricky part was changing the dimensions from 3600 x 3600 to 3000 x 2000. Facebook changed how it displays pics a while ago so if you don't change it, FB adds its own borders.

Michele, so if we create on 3600 wide x 2400 long or 5400 wide x 3600 long, it should fit Facebook's parameters? (The only math I could do reliably is algebra! ?)

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Love what you do, Ann.  Seems like I'm going to have to play with that background replacement tool - My next OCD venture???

What I should have done was posted the original photo so you could see the difference...

magic tea party_600.jpg

magic tea party-background changed_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

What I should have done was posted the original photo so you could see the difference...

magic tea party_600.jpg

magic tea party-background changed_600.jpg

WOW! unreal, the change.  You are doing really good works with this tool.  I loved your layout, it's well done.  And the photo, it's cuteness overload.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I sure can.  Just running out for an errand and will do it when I get back. Good information about what FB lets you post.  

Susan if you also post the original photo, I will show you what Cass Whitener script will do and post it.  One click, baby! 

(I think. I won't know for sure until I do it, but it works for my stuff which is more along the lines of concrete parking garage walls and hotel walls LOL, that sounds potentially gross -- I think it's a plaster treatment they use. quite random.)

I forgot to mention I need some input from @CaroleCassel about that tool. The first time I used it, no problem, but subsequent usages refused to present the finished product and reverted to the original photo. I saved everything and rebooted PSP AND my computer and then it worked properly, at first. Then it misbehaved again, second time around. After another re-booting spree, it seems to have settled down. Are there bugs in this tool, or what?

49 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Susan if you also post the original photo, I will show you what Cass Whitener script will do and post it.  One click, baby! 

(I think. I won't know for sure until I do it, but it works for my stuff which is more along the lines of concrete parking garage walls and hotel walls LOL, that sounds potentially gross -- I think it's a plaster treatment they use. quite random.)

I just posted the original in the files section on the FB page.  Cant wait to see the script in action.  I love concrete and have my eye on a chiped out piece on my steps that would make a cool mask.  I'm happy to say I am a fully fledged texture-holic.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

It's all done Mary, the illicit contrand has being uploaded.  Enjoy!  And thank you for the signs and especially the snowflake.  I love snowflakes. 

48 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I forgot to mention I need some input from @CaroleCassel about that tool. The first time I used it, no problem, but subsequent usages refused to present the finished product and reverted to the original photo. I saved everything and rebooted PSP AND my computer and then it worked properly, at first. Then it misbehaved again, second time around. After another re-booting spree, it seems to have settled down. Are there bugs in this tool, or what?

Drop me an email with the details so I can troubleshoot. You are the first person to mention such an issue.

So, I made a layout using one of the fractal triangle papers, and the Koch Star mask.  The picture was taken by my daughter-in-law Pam Solaas - she works in this show every year and took me to it too this year.  Love it.  It is known nationally and has been held for over 70 years in Germantown, TN (just outside Memphis, TN).  The horseshoe I got from Creative Fabrica and made it into a paint brush and a picture tube.  Also created the wood-burned element from the tutorial by Carole.  The font for the title is Ballpark from Creative Fabrica some time ago.

GT Horse Show_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 7

The last of my intro pages for my photobook. We went to the Pacific and it was a very hazy day with almost no one on the beach except some people walking their dogs, as we were.  It struck me how empty and endless the ocean was. In The Netherlands we also have nice and sandy beaches bordering the North Sea which is part of the Atlantic, but you are always seeing ships - big and small! Therefore I choose a photo that represented this feeling and left it quite empty. Now I can assemble my book and get it printed.

Intro Pacific-600.jpg

• Love 7

6 hours ago, Cassel said:

Drop me an email with the details so I can troubleshoot. You are the first person to mention such an issue.

I played with it tonight. First photo when I clicked "done", I had the 3 layers (original, mask and ai background) on my workspace. I then closed the image since it was just a test.

I opened another image, this time of my dog. Since there was no person I had to use the brush to make the mask. Got that done then selected a background. When I clicked "done", all I had on my workspace was my original photo. Since this was another test, I just closed the program. 

I don't know if this is the same as what Ann had, but I thought I'd let you know.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

I played with it tonight. First photo when I clicked "done", I had the 3 layers (original, mask and ai background) on my workspace. I then closed the image since it was just a test.

I opened another image, this time of my dog. Since there was no person I had to use the brush to make the mask. Got that done then selected a background. When I clicked "done", all I had on my workspace was my original photo. Since this was another test, I just closed the program. 

I don't know if this is the same as what Ann had, but I thought I'd let you know.

Exactly, Rene! That's how it behaved for me, also. Quite frustrating, especially since the photo I chose was very fiddly to block out the background. Aarrgghh! ?

19 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Michele, so if we create on 3600 wide x 2400 long or 5400 wide x 3600 long, it should fit Facebook's parameters? (The only math I could do reliably is algebra! ?)

It should, Ann. I don't remember exactly how I came up with the numbers, but they work for me. (I used to be a whiz in algebra, but that was about 50 years ago!)

19 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I love this layout, Ann. I would NEVER be able to do something this intricate within the time frame I need for my daily pic. Well, I think the game will be ending soon so I'll be able to spend my time doing master classes, labs, etc.

1 hour ago, Michele said:

I love this layout, Ann. I would NEVER be able to do something this intricate within the time frame I need for my daily pic. Well, I think the game will be ending soon so I'll be able to spend my time doing master classes, labs, etc.

Oh, dear, sorry to hear the game may be ending, though, I imagine, for you, it may be like me when the drive-in closes for the winter. I always feel a welcome relief from the ongoing pressure to create during the season.

• Like 1