What are you working on (in June 2023)?

Cassel

On 6/21/2023 at 12:18 AM, Julie Magerka said:

I think it was Ann Seeber who used the AI background remover in PSP. I tried it with the same pic I used for QP-2 layout. It wasn't perfect, but it's much BETTER than anything I can do using the Edit Selection which always gives me grief and leaves me frustrated. This time, I can live with the results. Background image of "colonade" from Unsplash.

Walker prom new background 600x754.jpg

If you would like to remove a background outside of PSP, I would recommend https://www.remove.bg/ I use it a lot working on projects with my Cricut machine ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Michele said:

Today's daily look gave me the opportunity to use one of AnnieC's templates from a blog train a few years ago. I might have used it previously as I totally love it; she's one of my favorite designers. I found the woman's pic years ago while googling for another project. The font is Wanted Signature.

Michele, this is a beautiful template, and so is your layout.  Both look great.

• Love 1

Here is the promised layout of the unboxing of my album with the photos from my recent trip. It is just a simple page with a background of old letters but a bit reduced in opacity. The book arrived last Saturday and I took some photos when it was laying on our dinner table. The font is School and College outline, fitting for this album, hence some American embellishments. The sticker at the bottom is by Carole, a freebie long ago.

Now I first have to clean my workspace, even a digital one becomes messy, at least mine if I'm working on a Workshop and doing other things besides that as well. I have to organize all the photos from my trip and name all the flowers in the photos too. I think the rest of this week will go into that! So don't expect much activity from me; at least this week's challenge about a layout with a story is not a favorite of mine! That is another one I'll skip.?

Unboxed-600.jpg

• Love 7

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Here is the promised layout of the unboxing of my album with the photos from my recent trip. It is just a simple page with a background of old letters but a bit reduced in opacity. The book arrived last Saturday and I took some photos when it was laying on our dinner table. The font is School and College outline, fitting for this album, hence some American embellishments. The sticker at the bottom is by Carole, a freebie long ago.

Now I first have to clean my workspace, even a digital one becomes messy, at least mine if I'm working on a Workshop and doing other things besides that as well. I have to organize all the photos from my trip and name all the flowers in the photos too. I think the rest of this week will go into that! So don't expect much activity from me; at least this week's challenge about a layout with a story is not a favorite of mine! That is another one I'll skip.?

Unboxed-600.jpg

This is beautiful.  It makes me want to try getting something printed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

This is beautiful.  It makes me want to try getting something printed.  

Thank you, I think getting some of your work printed is a very unique and lovely way to share it with family and friends. Showing on a phone  (so small), laptop or online is different. I have done a couple of albums now, not only photos but the Alphabet from last year too. I always choose a flat binding, this uses thicker paper and the pages look really nice without them getting curvy. Maybe give it a try!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Unboxed-600.jpg

Deze aanbieder ken ik niet, zal er eens naar kijken.

Ziet er mooi uit!?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Thank you, I think getting some of your work printed is a very unique and lovely way to share it with family and friends. Showing on a phone  (so small), laptop or online is different. I have done a couple of albums now, not only photos but the Alphabet from last year too. I always choose a flat binding, this uses thicker paper and the pages look really nice without them getting curvy. Maybe give it a try!

Thank you Corrie, for giving me some insights to think about for printing.  Even if I just did my favorite layouts for a book for myself, would be a cool thing to have and like you say, to show people what I do. 

• Thanks 1

Ik heb een penseel van een kwal. Ik werkte in het nieuwe frametool. Nieuw voor mij. Na meerdere verkregen een andere mogelijkheid. Ik plaatste de kwal in de vorm.  Probeer vervolgens welke mogelijkheden er meer waren. Ik ging naar REFLEXTIE>EFFECTEN>CALEIDOSCOOP. Ik HEBT DE KLEUREN FFFF5 en C5dade GEBRUIKT. Gemaakt van een kwal. Het frametool heeft nog veel geheimen voor mij. Maar er is zeker veel mee mogelijk. 

kaleidoscope 1.jpg

• Love 4

I used various elements from my stash of freebies. Gotta love blog trains and free sites. The sun image was originally an outline that I filled with the reddish/brownish color. To do this I used the magic wand selection brush in Add mode on all the empty spots, increased the selection by a few pixels, and flood-filled it on a new layer beneath the sun. I also used the Change to Target brush to recolor the two hanging elements. The font is Dream Her, free from DaFont; I applied an inner bevel and some texture to the text to try and make it look like the sun.

large.FABDLStarsandSun!600.jpg.516f10210f239e19eaffa10690f33354.jpg

• Love 6

I think it might have looked better if the layer with Lennon on it had a slightly lower opacity. I had already merged both of the images onto a new layer so even though I could have fixed it, I didn't have enough time to do it over. (OCD can be an asset or a liability! lol) I was really at a loss for the background I was going to use because I wanted the flowers to be the only colored elements. I played around and finally used the Mosaic-Antique texture effect on a recolored watercolor background and darkened it using a Levels adjustment layer. The font is Lucida Bright, a system font that mimicked the original mosaic. 

large.FABDLStrawberryFieldsForever!600.jpg.03cc22f60ef167e8e22067afd90eac86.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

On 6/25/2023 at 12:56 PM, MoniqueN. said:

If you would like to remove a background outside of PSP, I would recommend https://www.remove.bg/ I use it a lot working on projects with my Cricut machine ?

Monique thank you, I once had that site and somehow lost it while transferring to a new pc some time ago and I couldn't remember how it was called! I must be getting old or have too much on my mind ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1