What are you working on (in June 2023)?

Cassel

51 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I think it would simply be a matter of layering straight lines in different colors and adjusting the opacity. It might be a bit tedious to do but it is not hard. Maybe a tutorial?

A tutorial would be great! Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

A friend from my betta fish group posted some photos of her 9-month old cutie and I snagged one to try with Carole's frame freebie, using Sue Thomas' work as a guide.  Here's Aspyn.

ASPYN-PIP-DIONNE-2023-tilted_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
made change on layout
  • Like 2
  • Love 10

8 hours ago, cindy harris said:

I love the Mask I bought a script but  have to see if I can figure it out again,  I still dont know how to make one going to try the one on the Q And A recent  I love your work so nice.

Thank you, Cindy. I had the script for a long time before I even knew how to use it. I just started using it over and over until I got some nice masks using some of my brushes. I had to remember to make the opening very black.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

A friend from my betta fish group posted some photos of her 9-month old cutie and I snagged one to try with Carole's frame freebie, using Sue Thomas' work as a guide.  Here's Aspyn.

ASPYN-PIP-DIONNE-2023-tilted_600.jpg

I love the font you used with this!  Very cohesive. It looks like all you did was put that same pen to a ruler to make those frames.

16 minutes ago, Suzy said:

I love the font you used with this!  Very cohesive. It looks like all you did was put that same pen to a ruler to make those frames.

Thanks for the kind words, Suzy. The two fonts on top are: Bahnschrift Semi and Banana Pancakes with an Inner Bevel. The bottom is Corlita Sans and I applied a cutout. They are all in my Nexus Font handler so I don't know where they came from.

• Like 1

The next one. I was working on another layout but I didn't like what I came up with and made this one instead. I didn't see the full extend of that glorious bloom, only the last of it when I arrived but I have taken so many flower photos that there will be a selection in my book. The background consists of 2 photos taken by my son in law when the family went to admire that bloom. I merged them together with a mask. The template of the State is by Marissa Lerin and I filled it with my own flowers. Carole's stamps template came again to good use as well as datestamp 12 script that I bought in the last birthday sale. Font is Perfectly Vintages that I use throughout this project .

Cal in Bloom-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 13

Wow, just wow! This is fantastic, Corrie!

And a shout out for the stamp script of Creation Cassel, which has been perfectly executed here, along with that perfect cancellation date stamp 12. This is really something! 

Edited to add:  Which font did you use with Datestamp 12? I like it very much!

Edited by Suzy

10 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

The next one. I was working on another layout but I didn't like what I came up with and made this one instead. I didn't see the full extend of that glorious bloom, only the last of it when I arrived but I have taken so many flower photos that there will be a selection in my book. The background consists of 2 photos taken by my son in law when the family went to admire that bloom. I merged them together with a mask. The template of the State is by Marissa Lerin and I filled it with my own flowers. Carole's stamps template came again to good use as well as datestamp 12 script that I bought in the last birthday sale. Font is Perfectly Vintages that I use throughout this project .

Cal in Bloom-600.jpg

I absolutely love this!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Suzy said:

16 hours ago, Suzy said:

Faaantasic eyes of the girl:)) She will be a wise and clever persone in the future.

Lovely things you are working on.  That paint frame is intriguing.  I made 2 from transparent ribbons and downloaded the freebie from Cassel but haven't used them yet.  I'm just OCDing about patterns for papers.  In working my way through the alphabet challenge from 2022 I can't make up my mind about V - vacatiion? or Valentine Day? So I made a pattern of cars and road signs for a paper for vacation (since I really like road trips).  I'll show you the pattern and one of the papers I made from it.  I haven't yet played with that cut out circle.  I'll also include the 2 transparent ribbon frames in a later post.

MLS  Pattern Travel .jpg

MLS Paper Travel-2_600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 3

32 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lovely things you are working on.  That paint frame is intriguing.  I made 2 from transparent ribbons and downloaded the freebie from Cassel but haven't used them yet.  I'm just OCDing about patterns for papers.  In working my way through the alphabet challenge from 2022 I can't make up my mind about V - vacatiion? or Valentine Day? So I made a pattern of cars and road signs for a paper for vacation (since I really like road trips).  I'll show you the pattern and one of the papers I made from it.  I haven't yet played with that cut out circle.  I'll also include the 2 transparent ribbon frames in a later post.

MLS  Pattern Travel .jpg

Super paper for a theme vacation or road:))))))

19 minutes ago, kasany said:

My recent work with my fractal and free Carole's frame. I like use it because this frame changes nothing in my fractal. It's only a good, fine frame which my fractal needs.

MySweetestDream.jpg

I like your fractals too and would also like to know what they are.  This frame is perfect for this.

Edited by Susan Ewart

15 hours ago, Suzy said:

Wow, just wow! This is fantastic, Corrie!

And a shout out for the stamp script of Creation Cassel, which has been perfectly executed here, along with that perfect cancellation date stamp 12. This is really something! 

Edited to add:  Which font did you use with Datestamp 12? I like it very much!

Thank you so much, the font on the datestamp is the same as on the text: Perfectly Vintages, a freebie from Creative Fabrica some time ago. I have a lot of their freebie fonts; I download what I like and when I'm doing a project like this it is great to have suitable fonts to use with the theme of that project.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

MLS  Pattern Travel .jpg

Mary I like this very much and will keep it in mind when I want to do another route map. I made my own interstate shield, but I like the other black ones for other roads too. 

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

You'll  observe fractals everywhere in nature, basically  it's  a series of patterns repeating itself over and over, at different  scales. 

Exactly, and may I add for example in science and technology too.

@ kasany I would like to know, do you create your fractals with another software?

• Like 1

Kasany - how do you do your fractals?  They look like some of the stuff done with the Kaleidescope effect in PSP and some of the other tools, but only kind of.

Corrie - I have a pspimage of a national highway sign which are the other ones in that pattern.  How can I get it to you? Does Facebook accept pspimages?

• Like 1