Vector Workshop 2023

Cassel

Here is my Lesson 5,   Text on a path and a circular "stamp " with text top and bottom.  I had already created a brush tip of my photo signature a long time ago and just added it to the center of the new "stamp". As I use mostly all my own photos for these clases  I decided to make the stamp a Logo of sorts and turned it also into a brush tip. I then put it on a separate layer so I could change the blend mode to Luminence and the opacity to 59 for this lesson. I usually blend my signature  to barely visible on my work so it acts more like a hidden watermark and doesn't take away from the photo.

Now to tackle lesson 6!

Home is where the Heart is 600.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 13

4 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Jannette Nieuwboer Probeer je te vullen met de selectie en het vulgereedschap? Als dat zo is, zou dat de openingen aan de randen verklaren. U hoeft alleen maar een FILL uit het dialoogvenster Vectoreigenschappen te gebruiken.

Vervolgens begrijp ik uw vraag over de Bezier-curve niet. Kun je het anders formuleren?

Carole,  matter 1/I don't get the right layer property when I click IN the image in the layer palette. I made 2 printscr. what I get. they are not full completely. So I had to use the normal route of changing colors. 

Matter 2/ When I m cutting out a vector I have to place nodes. In those nods comes a handle when I press the node type and make a choice. Right! Sometimes there is no handle at all, also when it's necessary. I can't understand. (So it's clear that I don't have full control over what we are learning.)

Schermafbeelding 2023-07-24 214151.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2023-07-24 214530-1.jpg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Suzy said:

On Lesson 1, At the 1:00 mark, which is the ONE minute mark, LOL you can see I didn’t get very far!, Cassel talks about a layer effect for vectors. Is there anywhere on the campus that talks more about those? In which version of PSP did they show up?

I could do an article but I find that the current format is quite convoluted to use. However, you can check the June Q&A where I show how they work.

As for the cutout CRAC-Past (not CRAP). it does not matter if you have a stroke or not.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

Carole,  matter 1/I don't get the right layer property when I click IN the image in the layer palette. I made 2 printscr. what I get. they are not full completely. So I had to use the normal route of changing colors. 

You are likely using the properties from the LAYER, but you need to double-click on the OBJECT (that is inside the layer). Make sure you click the little triangle on the left, to list all the OBJECTS inside the vector LAYER, even if it is only one.

30 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

Matter 2/ When I m cutting out a vector I have to place nodes. In those nods comes a handle when I press the node type and make a choice. Right! Sometimes there is no handle at all, also when it's necessary. I can't understand. (So it's clear that I don't have full control over what we are learning.)

Yes, when there are not control arms, that is when changing to Symmetric or Assymetric will make them appear.

Completed Lesson 2. ? Here are some of the vector shapes I played with. I added color, pattern, gradient and stroke. Then added a background with texture Asphalt. Thank you Carole, for all your help getting around the glitches in PSP23 Ultimate. I also played with the little loop option you showed me. (First shape on top left) I love it and I feel more comfortable with all these nodes.

Anita-Vectors-2-Labels-06-07-08-scaled.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 5

Phew, Lesson 7!

All the way through this course, I was having a heck of a time selecting a vector object. I just couldn't figure out how to do it. So I looked it up on the Corel site, tried a couple of keyboard shortcuts (notably Ctrl-Shift-B) and suddenly my PSP 2021 sort sprung to life and worked properly. Yay. Persistence pays off, I guess.

vector7_600.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 9

@Dorothy Donn Did you manage to watch the videos in the end? It is quite fun to see you add photos to those cups. That would be a very interesting way to showcase photos. 

@Susan Ewart The Hue Map can be a great tool to get different colors.

@James Brady I am happy that you didn't give up when it was difficult. And yes, I knew that Vectors were challenging for a lot of people since MOST users don't tend to use them, and those who do, often use only the most basic functions. I can think of even more advanced features to explore, but I think this will be enough for a while.

@Anja Pelzer Even an "odd" shape can give a great result. Those pearls look so good with those curves.

@Jnet Allard Quel beau bouquet de marguerites!

@fiona cook As you might have noticed in the lesson, I was "testing" the size of the rope tube. That is exactly because the script will use those last settings.

@Mary Solaas Line Styles have been addressed in the June Q&A. Have a look and you can use the round shape to make the line.

@Linda J Walker I am glad that I was able to scare your PSP into obedience! That is my super-power.

@MoniqueN. On the rainbow, you could also hide the path so it would only keep the colors and no black.

@Michele I hope to see those techniques applied to future projects, even for your gaming group!

@Donna Sillia I am really happy to see so many participants start, but mostly, NOT give up when it was difficult.

@Bobby Yeater That sailboat looks like a handmade craft collage with ropes. When you add some shadow to the rope, it will really pop out.

@Anne Lamp Don't worry. I have added all the lessons to the Workshops section of the DIAMOND members.

@Cristina That fish is so cute!

@Lynda DiGregor So much gold! That was an expensive lesson ?

@Marie-Claire Nice to see Poncho! Can we choose him as our Campus mascot?

@Natalie Spooner You can also turn your logo into a picture tube. 

@Cindy Lawrence The process is the important part of this workshop. The details will be refined later.

@Connie Collier What PSP version are you using? Did you download the Creative Content? It would have additional picture tubes. On the other hand, there are lots in my store (but they are not free), HERE.

@Leslie Gifford Cook You are catching up nicely! Keep it up. You are almost done.

@Anita Wyatt Yes, it is fun to twist those nodes as it creates very interesting effects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, fiona cook said:

Royanne, for this one did you make the cut out images for the text first, before you created the paths?

No I did it last.   I did each letter as a separate layer, then duplicated, then made the changes to add beads.   Then I went back the original vector layer, duplicated it again and changed it into a raster layer.   Then I selected with the magic wand Opacity Continguous, expanded by 2 pixels, then created a new layer and did a flood fill of any colour.   Once I decided on the picture I placed in above the layer of the alpha I did a flood fill on then  I used my favourite scipt from Cassel Clip To It.   I hope I explained it okay.

CASSEL:  Thanks for asking but I now have Lessons 1 through 5 downloaded to my computer to review  after I get through the last lesson.  I am so glad you liked those funny cups of mine.

Here is my take on Lesson 5.

1- The Beach here with snow.

2- Something I played with in Bryce

3-I used the Basketball Vector and some 3d modeling on the interior and exterior on this one.

WINTER BEACH.jpg

WESTERN.jpg

PAC.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 6

On 7/22/2023 at 6:06 PM, Cassel said:

If you give some specifics of what is happening, where your result seems to differ, etc. it will help us help you by pinpointing possible details.

I have now managed to complete lessons up to 6 and 7 which I am now trying to complete.  I found I was missing some steps so now all I have to do is redo a couple more times and hopefully, I will master this. Thank you Cassel.

• Like 3

Finally completed Lesson 6 and just to show you what I did.  I think I will be able to have some fun with this one.  Included a little something to thank you Carole.

Is there a way to make a shape that would include the text and the tube, something similar to the one I have downloaded?

ThanksCarole.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 5