Vector Workshop 2023

Cassel

2 uur geleden zei Suzy:

Ik weet het niet…..we zijn echt verwend en het is best leuk om je onverdeelde aandacht te hebben!?

Eén ding weet ik wel, als Engels niet hun eerste taal is, is het erg moeilijk om gewoon een bericht te starten om commentaar te geven of een vraag te stellen..en zoveel om de gesprekken, vragen, enz. van andere mensen om te lezen. Ik heb het grootste respect voor Kasany, Libera, Corrie, Monique, Marie Clair, Jannette, Anja, etc. die inspringen en posten. We kunnen je berichten trouwens prima lezen, zelfs als ze niet perfect zijn, dus ga je gang en spring erin als je daar zin in hebt. 

Ik gebruik Grammarly als vertaal machine. Maar die elektronische vertalers zijn niet erg betrouwbaar. Ik heb mijn laptop (bijnaam in het Nederlands 'lappie') op Nederlands dus ik lees redelijk goed wat iedereen kwijt wil. Het is alleen dat ik geen hele lange verhalen kan lezen omdat mijn ogen slecht zijn. Mijn advies aan iedereen is, korte zinnen zijn voor vertaal machines het beste, maar korte verhalen zijn beter voor mensen met slechte ogen. En het schrikt niet zoveel af. Misschien zijn anderen niet zo bespraakt.  

Edited by Jannette Nieuwboer
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Suzy said:

And we are going to have HOMEWORK!  So that means we *have* to practice what we learn! 

Yes, you will. And although nobody is "graded" on their homework, it will just make sense for learning and practicing. I am sure some people won't do the homework, others will do them but won't post them. But I know that many of you WILL do both.

And to make it fun, there will be some variety in the homework so everyone's results will be slightly different.

And since I love you so much, the DIAMOND members get even more (optional) practice!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 3

It is obvious that English isn't my mother tongue but I'm lucky to have had a good education although it is 55 years ago now that I left school. I like reading and have always tried to read the books in English which has suited me very well in the rest of my life, but I'm thankful for the spellingchecker on my pc ? To newcomers with another language I would say: just give it a try and we are here to help and when needed to translate or explain.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Cassel said:

Yes, you will. And although nobody is "graded" on their homework, it will just make sense for learning and practicing. I am sure some people won't do the homework, others will do them but won't post them. But I know that many of you WILL do both.

And to make it fun, there will be some variety in the homework so everyone's results will be slightly different.

And since I love you so much, the DIAMOND members get even more (optional) practice!

YIPEEE!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

It is obvious that English isn't my mother tongue but I'm lucky to have had a good education although it is 55 years ago now that I left school. I like reading and have always tried to read the books in English which has suited me very well in the rest of my life, but I'm thankful for the spellingchecker on my pc ? To newcomers with another language I would say: just give it a try and we are here to help and when needed to translate or explain.

I don't think it's obvious at all. Your comments look native-English to me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone.  Glad to meet everyone. This is my first workshop so I hope to learn something new in PaintShop I have been sorta using when it was put out by Jasc my first one PaintShop Pro 7 and have just been upgrading to all the new ones that have out there. I mainly use it to design my paper for making paper beads so this will really help me understand how to use vectors. 

• Like 7

So Sharon and Ernie are brand, brand new!?  Welcome!

Ernie, I feel for you. I came from x2, which was probably 20 years old? Right into 2022! Cassel had to hold my hand and the other people on here were quite nice and helpful and accommodating, so being here in the Campus has really worked well for me, and probably will for you, too.

Sharon, maybe you can scrap a page about paper beads!?  We like to learn about all kinds of things on here!

• Like 4

I already learned something new today... Never noticed that the icons have the corresponding shapes and that they changed once Converted to Path... I Only paid attention when it was Text. Cool!

So, here are the heart and arrow.

Practice_lesson1_Arrow.jpg

Practice_lesson1_heart.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 6
  • Love 11

43 minutes ago, Cristina said:

I already learned something new today... Never noticed that the icons have the corresponding shapes and that they changed once Converted to Path... I Only paid attention when it was Text. Cool!

Me, too, Cristina!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Suzy said:

So Sharon and Ernie are brand, brand new!?  Welcome!

Ernie, I feel for you. I came from x2, which was probably 20 years old? Right into 2022! Cassel had to hold my hand and the other people on here were quite nice and helpful and accommodating, so being here in the Campus has really worked well for me, and probably will for you, too.

Sharon, maybe you can scrap a page about paper beads!?  We like to learn about all kinds of things on here!

Hi Suzy, I can try to show you a page because I have never digital scrapbooked before. I preferred to do my scrapbooking the old fashion way like using metal die cuts and embossing folders, stickers, and whatever I can find that fits the person I am scrapbooking for. Then I became addicted to paper beads and making jewelry. So will give it a try. After I finish this first lesson. LOL 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Michele said:

Carol, will you be adding an album for this workshop?

Hum... I didn't think it would be as useful as other workshops since it will all be about shapes, and lines, and nothing to do with "nice layouts", but I guess I can add one and those who want to use their new skill in a project can post too.

Give me just a minute.

• Like 2