Calendar Workshop 2023

Cassel

Here is my calendar.  I added some of the moon phases because I love the moon.  Chris, for sure this is soft than I would normally use too.  I tend to like the darker shades, it's a surprise to me how it turned out.  I let the flowers tell me which direction to go. The best thing is I managed to keep them alive long enough to have flowers to shoot. I have a black thumb.

I am so blown away by everybody's calendars.

I'm way behind (partly due to my ocd), but here's what I have so far. January and February pics are from Unsplash and I probably googled the other two a long time ago when I wasn't adding the source to my file names. I don't think you'll be able to see details at this size unless you click on the pics, but when you do, the lines will look like dashes. So glad I didn't notice that before I posted them or I would still be ocd'ing. LOL

Michelle those are beautiful.  I got dashes too, and yes, it drove me crazy.  I had tried to use the same font as my numbers and it would not produce a solid line.  I kept the solid line as Arial and used the "leading" to line it all up (using the font I had choosen).  Thankfully it worked.  Seeing everyone's calendars makes me want to make more with different subjects.

Thanks, Susan. I left the lines Arial, too. My calendar is not a particular theme; I'm just choosing pics for the month's weather.

Ann, thank you, I found the cardinals when I was making a page for Fab Divas with the April Showers theme years ago. The dashes are only showing on the 600 pixel size, but not on the regular page.

I hope to get the entire calendar done...last year's only made it to January. LOL

Mary Solaas (#83662) , thank you, Nice of you to say that about my dog. I would do all projects with pictures of my dog, but I think I'm exaggerating, so I sometimes force myself to choose a different subject.

I used to do that with pictures of my daughter when she was little, now she is 42 years old, and I have no grandchildren. So my dog has all the attention.

I decided to just share my "finished" December page.  The background snowy buildings etc was adapted from a page I got from digitalscrapbook.com  " ps_jessica-dunn_232273_winter-solstice-winter-house-4x4-journal-card_pu" The Narcissus flowers are from CreativeFabrica.  The Snowlfakes is a Cass picture tube and I changed the color to a light blue so they would show up on the white background.  2023 font is blackaddar itc,  the D in december is from Cass ElphAlpha and I used the mesh warp to angle it. the rest of December font is Bigtime.

I just want to say I have viewed each and every one of these pages and it is amazing how diverse and beautiful they are. This workshop has been very helpful (Thanks Cassel) and it and so many of the shared pages have inspired me to try some new ideas, some for these pages and some for future endeavors.

Susan,(#83424), nice to meet a honorary Scott :)

Marie-Claire,(#83440) all the birds fit so wonderfully in the mask, love it!

Just wanted to say I'm always surprised how one theme or lay-out end up with so many, beautiful projects, it's joy to see them all.

Had a very busy week/weekend, so I'm still working on my calender.

The Outlander one will be with the round masks, the other for my granddaughter will be made of the template of last year, changing the dates of course.

The rectangle layout fits the pictures I want to use better. :)

Lynda, That is more what I had in mind and maybe I would bring the opacity of the backgound photo a bit lower and make the photo a bit larger so it covers more of the page. But this is just what I would do and you are the designer of the calendar. Sorry for my late answer, but I have so much going on at the monent that I only check in here once a day to see what everybody is doing. I'm slowly starting to work a little bit on my calendar but I can only do one hour at the time and then I have to get up and walk a bit around otherwise my hip/leg is going stiff.

Here is my day 5 of the 2023 Calendar. I am a bit behind as I have been very busy at work. But I will be getting the calendar done one day at a time and having  fun with it.

I used a picture of the Mouse Castle which is located near the Cat Castle. Font is Samantha Upright and the texture in the background is gravel. I used a light color for the font to make it stand out more. I tried to use the picture with Gausian Blur as some of you have done, but mine did not come as beautiful as yours, so I used a textured background.

Burg Maus (Fortress Mouse) resides on a mountain spur overlooking the Rhine River. Originally called St. Peterseck and later Burg Deuernburg (Thurnberg), the castle came to be known as Burg Maus due to the cat and mouse rivalry between the Church and the powerful counts of Katzenelnbogen who owned nearby Katz Castle (Burg Neukatzenelnbogen).

Ann, I used the original lines from the template provided by Cass and used the pick tool set to scale to widen them. Within PSP and when posted on FB at full size and reduced size, the lines are solid. It was only when I posted the reduced size here that they look like dashes so it's no big deal.

Oh, Mary, we are OCD sisters. I had to use guides to make sure each page had the elements in the same places. Sometimes OCD comes in handy; other times it can be a pain in the butt! lol